Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Alrighties guys, that's me done for the morning. Renders and RL to do. Laters!
Done already ? A bummer, I was barely getting started....
Times like that I envy the ladies.... you can use battery powered tools... and what can poor Mike do ? Switch the power on and off... the guy gets bored on a small station with less than 25 people

joypinse

May 5, 2018
i can't believe i just read more than 40 pages of this thread that were new since my last
time checking - and i loved it! ;)
this is a really unique place on the internet and i know a few forums...
p.s. and boy can it be that notty is such a tease at times? ;)
and excuse my postings arent as elaborated as most here - not a native speaker...

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
i can't believe i just read more than 40 pages of this thread that were new since my last
time checking - and i loved it! ;)
this is a really unique place on the internet and i know a few forums...
p.s. and boy can it be that notty is such a tease at times? ;)
and excuse my postings arent as elaborated as most here - not a native speaker...
Notty tempting or teasing people. That would never happen, since she is pure as snow and completely innocent of course, we will soon see it on the news I suspect :p

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Ah yeah Sarah, the most adorable daughter you would never like to have, since she would give you grey hairs long before you deserve them:p
I'd be proud to have a daughter like Sarah. Despite her few shortcomings and quirks, she's a bright lass with a good heart.:)

(But it would be even better to not be related at all and have a different kind of relationship...):giggle:

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Thank you :)

Exactly how I feel the game should be played tbh! Kudos! :)

I'll have a look at Sarah's explanation of how the game works again to see if I can make it clearer. Thanks.

Interestingly that aspect of Sarah has been there since One - but a lot depends on who you talk to as to when you find it out. Sarah herself gives a glimpse of it in One if you discuss weapons with her and drinking with Annie in Two can also give a hint. Sarah reminds me of someone who once spent an afternoon solving a problem for a team that they had spent nearly four months on. In she breezes, talks, listens and BAM. Solved. She then took three goes to make a cup of tea, having first forgot to put the kettle on, then forgetting to put a teabag in and then finally (having thrown the previous two cups of tea away) made a super cup of tea and promptly threw it down the sink as she had done with the previous two...

On other playthroughs btw, the game is rather large. At the end of Three there are 18 paths running if you take the various combinations (this excludes minor conversational deviations of course which don't change paths). At games end this will rise to 116. This, although I know some won't like it, is deliberate.

I was tired of playing choice games where my choices didn't matter. Or, at best, led to two or three endings. I'm playing a game for ten hours and it comes down to three tracks? Nah... One of the things I wanted to do here was to make your choices count. Ideally to make -your- experience of the game as different as I can from someone elses. Now obvs there are limits. Tiny dev, crappy rig etc - I can only do so much. But I'm giving it a damned good go to make your game as unique to you as I can.

*knows this is a fruitless endevour in some ways as some peeps play all the paths regardless! :)
Which is all the time .... it's true.

2 quick points.

First, character growth. All characters change throughout a game or they get stale. Sooner or later Sarah would have had to have changed somewhat.

BUT....

Secondly, she was never dumb.

Clumsy, maybe, absent minded for sure but she's more quick witted than the rest of the crew which takes a degree of intelligence and knows major details about the weapons systems and running of the ship.

At worst she'd be ditzy but she was never dumb.
Honestly I thought my job was going to be what chiefs an LTs usually do - pick an otherwise capable individual, who has a tendency to crew up, nurture them and help them achieve thier potential. Or maybe I'm just way to big of a fan of Scotty and Har... Herkens? Harcness? (Yeah, I cant spell) from the Honor Harrington series. :D

The weapons console hinted at the fact that she is not dumb per se and the pussy conversation showed she had social skills. Her knowing so much about linguistics got me off-guard, tho. I don't know why, maybe with the combination of "Are you Thea?" later that day.

Anyhow, this wasn't really a critique, it was more of an observation (I'll probably have the time to pick the game appart in a few days and see if there is more to say about it). I kind of like games where I can lift people up (sonething rarely found in the adult genre) and my first though after reading her sheet was "ok, if I can keep her alive and train her enough to stay in the service - I'll be satisfied!"

Yes, I have white knighting tendencies in games. Sue me! :D

PS: on mobile so this post may seem like a mess.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Honestly I thought my job was going to be what chiefs an LTs usually do - pick an otherwise capable individual, who has a tendency to crew up, nurture them and help them achieve thier potential. Or maybe I'm just way to big of a fan of Scotty and Har... Herkens? Harcness? (Yeah, I cant spell) from the Honor Harrington series. :D

The weapons console hinted at the fact that she is not dumb per se and the pussy conversation showed she had social skills. Her knowing so much about linguistics got me off-guard, tho. I don't know why, maybe with the combination of "Are you Thea?" later that day.

Anyhow, this wasn't really a critique, it was more of an observation (I'll probably have the time to pick the game appart in a few days and see if there is more to say about it). I kind of like games where I can lift people up (sonething rarely found in the adult genre) and my first though after reading her sheet was "ok, if I can keep her alive and train her enough to stay in the service - I'll be satisfied!"

Well her career is doomed from her file. So perhaps she does need saving somehow?

*wiggles eyebrows*

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Well nothing wrong with some white knighting as long as you remember people also need some room of their own to grow and make their own mistakes, hence the grey hairs. :p Also seems our little RaRah is quite good at getting her way when she wants to,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well nothing wrong with some white knighting as long as you remember people also need some room of their own to grow and make their own mistakes, hence the grey hairs. :p Also seems our little RaRah is quite good at getting her way when she wants to,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
*grins!*

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes