Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
So! The model thingy?

Before I get too excited about this I ought to see what they look like. So I'm thinking of getting one made. Looking at the production times, postage etc, it could be about six weeks from submission to delivery. We'll then have an idea of whether they are any good.

But then what? I'll have a model of one of the girls (and of course there is the prob of who do I even choose!). Soooooo.....

....Ill give it away. :)

I'm thinking of letting the patreons choose who it is and then doing a draw for who gets it. Thoughts?
Doncha have a rig to upgrade?:p

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Oh joy... 8 pages *checks the patreon page... nope, no drop yet, just a busy day
I think the release day will be fairly quiet actually. At least from me, as I'll be too busy (playing hopefully)! I won't come here until I will have all playthroughs done. :D

Of course it depends how long it will take before it finds its way here.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
So! The model thingy?

Before I get too excited about this I ought to see what they look like. So I'm thinking of getting one made. Looking at the production times, postage etc, it could be about six weeks from submission to delivery. We'll then have an idea of whether they are any good.

But then what? I'll have a model of one of the girls (and of course there is the prob of who do I even choose!). Soooooo.....

I know, but is there enough of those funds? :unsure:

it just seems like a bit of a costly thing to do for a giveaway. That was my first thought. I'm not opposed to the idea per se. :)
I guess it could work as a one-off. Even if I'd like for all Notty's efforts to be focused on getting a new rig and making the next chapters smoother, I guess it's also good to fiddle with new projects and tech once in a while. It might help staying sane and motivated :)
I've been working on my game almost non-stop since April, so I can confirm it's great to do something else sometimes.

I'm thinking of letting the patreons choose who it is and then doing a draw for who gets it. Thoughts?
As for the draw to win the precious figurine, I'm thinking you could indeed make a poll on Patreon, and anyone entering the poll would thus also enter the draw.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
So! The model thingy?

The idea sounds nice indeed, keeping Akamari's remark in mind. Also look for possibly an European manufacturer so you can have them made both in US and Europe to drop shipping prices. So how is poor render hamster doing in this heat and being whipped to work as hard as it can while you innocently relax with a jaffa cake, ciggie and coffee? :p

Besides we do know what happened with Kelly's poor space hamster, it hit a time anomaly and was transferred to the past where it was cruelly put into service years later by the innocent little girl that found it to make renders. :p

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I guess it's also good to fiddle with new projects and tech once in a while. It might help staying sane and motivated :)
Heh. I'm not sure how having a statue of a character made and given away helps with that... :D But who am I to say anything if it does.:)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Heh. I'm not sure how having a statue of a character made and given away helps with that... :D But who am I to say anything if it does.:)
Well it takes Notty's mind away from the game for a bit for another and new challenge. The prize thingie is only for her try-out if she could make that idea marketable, that would be the project to take her mind off the game for a bit. So at release of chapter 4 that could be a great moment to work on it for a bit.

Edit: to give away one a month could also be an option, but then Notty will have to be careful it would not be a loss-maker and would be sure it would increase interest for the game or for when the game explodes in patreons.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
would be sure it would increase interest for the game
I don't see that happening to be honest. Giveaways are nice. Cool statues are cool. But I can't imagine this being an incentive for someone to hop on the patron train. Certainly not enough to cover the production and shipping costs and make a substantial amount for the project. That would defo be a loss-maker in my opinion.

As a one-off thing to do for fun and, like you said, to see if these are good enough to market, I can get behind that, but I don't think it would be a good business decision to do these regularly.:)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Does give a new twist to the idea of impaling ones victims. :whistle:
Well, I made this in Blender a while back, are you brave enough Vampy?
wood stake2.png
I don't see that happening to be honest. Giveaways are nice. Cool statues are cool. But I can't imagine this being an incentive for someone to hop on the patron train. Certainly not enough to cover the production and shipping costs and make a substantial amount for the project. That would defo be a loss-maker in my opinion.

As a one-off thing to do for fun and, like you said, to see if these are good enough to market, I can get behind that, but I don't think it would be a good business decision to do these regularly.:)
True, but geeks love our collectables...? :geek:

noname777

Jul 8, 2018
Nottravis
It's been a while since I was here. What is the current deadline for:
a. Chapter 2 in Tier 1 (Supporter - $1)
b. Chapter 3 in Tier 1 (Supporter - $1)
c. Chapter 4 in Tier 2 (Ensign - $5)
?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Nottravis
It's been a while since I was here. What is the current deadline for:
a. Chapter 2 in Tier 1 (Supporter - $1)
b. Chapter 3 in Tier 1 (Supporter - $1)
c. Chapter 4 in Tier 2 (Ensign - $5)
?
From Patreon:
Public release of Chapter Two will be after Chapter Three is released to Patrons. (note I need to check Patreon's terms and conditions as Two gets a bit naughty so might have to be behind a $1 wall. Will advise)
Because of the 'naughtiness' of CH2, I'm not sure how Notty will release it as it might be against Patreon's rules to have a public link to it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and TheDevian
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes