TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'd be lying if I said what I could get is what I wanted. *has been looking things up* but as long as I try to make sure the mother board can expand sufficiently I wouldn't be wasting too much money by doing an interim upgrade *cross fingers*
To be fair, I have almost never gotten what I wanted, best I can do is something that is good enough to get by. :LOL:
Honestly, of the parts, the motherboard is one of the cheapest ones (unless you are getting some insanely powerful one), and the MB, CPU, RAM combo pales compared to a good video card. Even the RAM I want is about 4 times more than the motherboard I have. The most important thing about the motherboard is that it can handle the other equipment you want to put in it. :sneaky:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
The other thing I'm toying with is....

Y'know when you have to make a decision on how to spend your time? You get the bog standard menu choice pop up of say "Visit Sarah"; "Visit the lounge".

I'm thinking of still having the MC thoughts (as they are rather useful) but replacing the dull menu thereafter with...

station2.png

Just a bit prettier

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

Y'know when you have to make a decision on how to spend your time? You get the bog standard menu choice pop up of say "Visit Sarah"; "Visit the lounge".

I'm thinking of still having the MC thoughts (as they are rather useful) but replacing the dull menu thereafter with...

View attachment 391252

Just a bit prettier
I can see that working. It gives a better sense of the station in general and where everyone is :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

View attachment 391252

Just a bit prettier
Oooh! I like that! Very similar to what I was planning to have when giving the player a choice of where to go or who to hang out with. :)

It's how I would like to have "free roam" parts in my project. Showing only locations where something happens and also who are the players going to meet if it's not a "random" encounter. Much like a list of options in function, but, yeah, better looking.:)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
What about when people are in the hollow part of the planet? Or aren't we supposed to know about that bit yet? :unsure: ;) After all, you did show us the possible entrance?
Well, that point is moot since it only shows the same choices that would appear in a menu, so there shouldn't be a "Go see XXX in an unknown location" out of the blue.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Looking great but shouldn't mike and marcus be replaced by the two women we are still missing? :p

I also like that navigation thingy and you can always show MC's thought when hovering over the sig of the girl. For the comp yeah normally it is the cpu and videocard that burn you most unless have an insane motherboard. In your case the videocard will likely be the worst of the bunch by far.

edit: Hell even in my case it was about a third of total cost computer and I decided to spring for decent new housing instead of using the old one.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Looking great but shouldn't mike and marcus be replaced by the two women we are still missing? :p

I also like that navigation thingy and you can always show MC's thought when hovering over the sig of the girl. For the comp yeah normally it is the cpu and videocard that burn you most unless have an insane motherboard. In your case the videocard will likely be the worst of the bunch by far.
Spoilers sweetie ;)

You wouldn't want the last two spoiled. Trust me ;)

Oooh! Nice idea about repeating the thoughts when hovering. *steals!*

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes