Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
The other thing I'm toying with is....

Y'know when you have to make a decision on how to spend your time? You get the bog standard menu choice pop up of say "Visit Sarah"; "Visit the lounge".

I'm thinking of still having the MC thoughts (as they are rather useful) but replacing the dull menu thereafter with...

View attachment 391252

Just a bit prettier
How about placing the MC's thoughts about what to do inside some popup text when you hover your mouse over one of the options? Or showing the the text in the text bar below when you hover over an option.

As for the whole new rig debate:

1) The FIRST thing I skim on when buying a new rig, is the RAM. Many people call me crazy, but 2x 4GB is a helluve a lot cheaper than 2x 16GB. It's a noticable downgrade, yes, but also the EASIEST thing to fix in the future, when finances allow you to upgrade. And almost all software, including Daz, still works fine with "just" 8 Gb. (my own rig still runs perfectly fine on a single 8GB bank, since the other died). Just take out the banks, insert new ones, and you're done. Best part is, you can still move your 2x4GB to bankslots 2 and 4, for some totally unnecessary bonus oomph.
About every other component involves messing with cables, (re-)installing software and drivers, you name it. Of all the intermediate options, this is the first one I always go for.

2) Liquid cooling is overrated. Seriously, it is. Maintaining a good airflow inside and outside the case has more effect on your cooling than liquid cooling, which is seriously just a gadget for computers.

3) If you *don't* overclock your CPU or your RAM, then the standard fan that comes with an AMD Ryzen processor is more than enough to cool it. If you overclock the RAM to its advertised speed, then the standard fan usually just manages to keep up, but a better cooler becomes advisable. If you overclock the CPU, then certainly get a better cooler.
Intel CPUs notoriously come with lousy fans, the standard fan being just barely good enough to keep up with CPU and RAM at default clock speeds.
Just, always ask yourself: do I really *need* an overclocked computer? Will I really benefit from overclocking? Generally, the answer is that the effect is barely noticable, and that it's not worth the bother. Especially for iRay rendering, which mostly relies on your GPU and the memory on your graphics card anyway.

4) SSDs are great, but not for storing data. Great to have your OS on SSD, also great to put software on SSD. But just install data on a cheaper & bigger HDD. Also make sure to relocate your user folders (documents, pictures, downloads, etc.) to the HDD. There's an option hidden somewhere in Windows to redirect those to another drive. It helps to keep your SSD clean and fast if you maintain a strict seperation between these filetypes.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I have a question Nottravis

How many of your patrons are also members on here? The only reason I ask is that I haven't seen many of your comparison renders over on your Patreon page, are we all here? If not, then would it make sense to post some of the shiny new stuff over there too? :unsure:
I'm guessing Notty is saving them for a remaster announcement. To make the point with best examples.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Y'see the thing I can't quite get my head around is why H5 isn't played. And comparatively it isn't.
It's quite obvious: sadly, people are holding out until they see some filthy, hardcore, zoomed in, copulation with a big dose of bodily fluids spilled across (or leaking out of) the most interesting bodyparts. :confused:

Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
You've all seen what the game could look like. Indeed should like. Imagine what you'd feel about the game if it had the graphics it could/should/can have instead of the ones it did.
I'd feel exactly the same. Really. Chapter One remains the best first release I've ever played. Better graphics wouldn't change anything.

*is helpful* :)

slider

Jul 14, 2017
I think there's a couple of things worthy of consideration in order to tackle the issue of expanding the game's fanbase.

In the first place, we have to acknowledge that a lot of people have provably already seen the game a couple of times in the LATEST UPDATES tab and quite often in the Latest posts/replies sections - the thread has been visited over 760K times (I don't know how many of them were unique users vs repeating ones). Of those not returning, they either didn't try the game because what they saw on the first post and/or thread didn't catch their attention or they tried it but didn't enjoy it.

Improving the renders of the first chapters may help retaining more users, since the first impression of a game is extremely important and nowadays most people expect very high quality visuals (or specific styles, but this doesn't apply here). But, to be honest, I think that if somebody didn't like the game it was mostly a matter of personal tastes, the amount of existing content at that moment or the game's rhythm rather than the quality of the renders. And that's OK, because, as an artist, you can't try to cater to everybody - it's impossible to do so and most times counterproductive to even try.

What I think you should really focus on is the first group: people who didn't actually try the game. So it's about marketing: without changing or compromising the game's tone or narrative in any manner, selling it in a way that it's more attractive to the typical adult game player (that can enjoy a narrative-driven game and/or fap to something other than a very specific fetish).

Once you have the new renders finished, I'd contemplate doing the following:

- While keeping true to Heavy Five's sprit, change the banner into something more eye-catching and sexual. Your game is surrounded by banners of other games with striking colors and suggestive images, you are competing with them for user's attention.

- Stress that you just released a remastered version of the first chapters with significant improvements. People who have already given a pass on the game without trying it may need an excuse to reconsider it again.

- In the description of the game, explicitly describe a couple of situations the player will find themselves in (such as having to land a failing spaceship with all odds against) or how the player has several different options to approach the same girl (Sarah and Chris are good examples). A video-game is an interactive experience, players like being aware of what they will be able to do.

- In the screenshot section, feature a good-looking render of each main girl in an evocative situation (personality and relationship-wise), a couple of general action frames and a couple of x-rated scenes. Avoid repeating too much of the same background (specially claustrophobic ones) and try to break colors in their order sequence.

- If it's not too much work and you don't feel too bad about it, consider presenting Becca in an even more sexualized hostess way (fetishistic costumes, sensual talk, an ongoing masturbation sketch, etc.). Sadly, a lot of people need sexual content from the get go and the tutorial and interludes could be used to satiate them a bit until everything unfolds.

Cheeky bonus track: add the "incest" and "ntr" tags to the fetish list. Make sure to add OPTIONAL before the second.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Nottravis

You asked in another thread about pregnancy tag.

Here is what you need to know about the tag.

""Pregnancy [The act of impregnating a woman or having sex with a pregnant one.]""

So if just impregnating the woman then yes it needs the tag.

Tag list for more info.
Tags Rules And List [Updated 2019-03-24]
https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2019-03-24.10394/
*Dances around singing: "Chris wants my babyyyy!! I'm gonna be a daddyyyyyyy!*

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
The Doc and Annie's skin tones, we know they don't get much sun.

With the newer where to go option, will it be definite, or more of the MC guessing where they might be? Maybe with them being more right the more they get to know the characters?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
There were fizzy bubbles in places fizzy bubbles should never be.

Ever.

For a week every time I passed wind all I could smell was Dom Perignon.

I'm over it now.

Sort of.

Okay maybe not yet.
Only 3 pages, and still I miss all the fun stuff when I sleep! :p
Good for me, my fetish is good storytelling with clever writing and great characters, a game that makes me feel things for its protagonists, that makes me laugh, cry or horny.
Add to that the most charming *innocent* funny dev ever, and that's all my kinks wrapped into one game.

I know, I'm a hopeless fan, but I do adore Big Brother!
In all honesty, as fucked up a game as BB turned out to be, it was the first daz game I saw where the art was good enough for me to be willing to try, and for a VN in unity, it did a damn fine job with the mechanics and the saving system. Hadaka apron Ann is still one of the most lovely things I have run across in one of these games. The game and writer had a lot of problems, and the MC was a fucking disgusting little creep, but it did a few things really well.
How about placing the MC's thoughts about what to do inside some popup text when you hover your mouse over one of the options? Or showing the the text in the text bar below when you hover over an option.
Not a bad idea for a hint system.
As for the whole new rig debate:

1) The FIRST thing I skim on when buying a new rig, is the RAM. Many people call me crazy, but 2x 4GB is a helluve a lot cheaper than 2x 16GB. It's a noticable downgrade, yes, but also the EASIEST thing to fix in the future, when finances allow you to upgrade. And almost all software, including Daz, still works fine with "just" 8 Gb. (my own rig still runs perfectly fine on a single 8GB bank, since the other died). Just take out the banks, insert new ones, and you're done. Best part is, you can still move your 2x4GB to bankslots 2 and 4, for some totally unnecessary bonus oomph.
About every other component involves messing with cables, (re-)installing software and drivers, you name it. Of all the intermediate options, this is the first one I always go for.

2) Liquid cooling is overrated. Seriously, it is. Maintaining a good airflow inside and outside the case has more effect on your cooling than liquid cooling, which is seriously just a gadget for computers.

3) If you *don't* overclock your CPU or your RAM, then the standard fan that comes with an AMD Ryzen processor is more than enough to cool it. If you overclock the RAM to its advertised speed, then the standard fan usually just manages to keep up, but a better cooler becomes advisable. If you overclock the CPU, then certainly get a better cooler.
Intel CPUs notoriously come with lousy fans, the standard fan being just barely good enough to keep up with CPU and RAM at default clock speeds.
Just, always ask yourself: do I really *need* an overclocked computer? Will I really benefit from overclocking? Generally, the answer is that the effect is barely noticable, and that it's not worth the bother. Especially for iRay rendering, which mostly relies on your GPU and the memory on your graphics card anyway.

4) SSDs are great, but not for storing data. Great to have your OS on SSD, also great to put software on SSD. But just install data on a cheaper & bigger HDD. Also make sure to relocate your user folders (documents, pictures, downloads, etc.) to the HDD. There's an option hidden somewhere in Windows to redirect those to another drive. It helps to keep your SSD clean and fast if you maintain a strict seperation between these filetypes.
I agree with you on all but the water cooling (and then only partially), it really depends on your environment. Some places, good air flow is not an easy task. My last apartment, no matter what I did, it was always hot and I could not get good air flow, and even if I did, it was so dusty in that city, that it could do real damage if that got sucked up in there.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I ultimately don't disagree with what you said, but one shall use honey if one wishes to catch flies. Likewise one must no shy away from using pussy to catch pervs.

The secret lies in showing just enough to arouse but not too much as to give out all challenge. That's a line I'm confident Notty can walk with high heels and short skirt, but as a perv myself, I can boldly affirm that the more boobs on the front page, the more peeps on the patronage!
True. More raunchy pictures do tend to attract crowds to a game thread.

*Dances around singing: "Chris wants my babyyyy!! I'm gonna be a daddyyyyyyy!*
Or the ophions are going to impregnate all the women? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Less joking, bet Dr.Marcus and his drugs are involved somehow. Why the crew needs contraceptive in such a small base? :unsure:

Let's be perfectly honest.

There are people on this site that wouldn't understand the story. Shit, they wouldn't understand some of the words let alone the plot.

Not saying that to be a bitch, i'm saying that because i've come across people on here that manage to disprove the notion that sense is common.
Where is the incest patch? Save game please! When is the next update? This dev is milking the patrons believe me! See how my WAIFU is better! ...etcetera :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The need to have their demands swiftly attended plus a unwillingness to read previous messages makes me wonder the mental age (and the real too) of quite a few people around the forum. :whistle:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Or the ophions are going to impregnate all the women? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Less joking, bet Dr.Marcus and his drugs are involved somehow. Why the crew needs contraceptive in such a small base? :unsure:
I always did have a feeling those pills did not do what they were said to do... Maybe they make you less fertile to other humans, and more to ...the LGM!!!! :eek: :ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and Akamari

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Only 3 pages, and still I miss all the fun stuff when I sleep! :p
In all honesty, as fucked up a game as BB turned out to be, it was the first daz game I saw where the art was good enough for me to be willing to try, and for a VN in unity, it did a damn fine job with the mechanics and the saving system. Hadaka apron Ann is still one of the most lovely things I have run across in one of these games. The game and writer had a lot of problems, and the MC was a fucking disgusting little creep, but it did a few things really well.
Not a bad idea for a hint system.

I agree with you on all but the water cooling (and then only partially), it really depends on your environment. Some places, good air flow is not an easy task. My last apartment, no matter what I did, it was always hot and I could not get good air flow, and even if I did, it was so dusty in that city, that it could do real damage if that got sucked up in there.
Good point on the watercooling, my bad, for assuming similar living conditions to my own. Climate does matter. Summers here are warm (20-30 Celsius), with just occasional spikes to 40 (happened only a few times this summer). In a more tropical or arid climate where 40 degrees C. is the norm during summer, that heat combined with high humidity or a lot of dust does create a risk to your rig, and then a watercooler can make all the difference.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
True. More raunchy pictures do tend to attract crowds to a game thread.

Where is the incest patch? Save game please! When is the next update? This dev is milking the patrons believe me! See how my WAIFU is better! ...etcetera :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The need to have their demands swiftly attended plus a unwillingness to read previous messages makes me wonder the mental age (and the real too) of quite a few people around the forum. :whistle:
While I agree that more lewd pictures would probably attract a crowd... it's precisely the kind of knuckle-dragging crowd that wouldn't appreciate the game and become the infestation that sadly infects many a thread on this forum. :( So it has to be a delicate balance between "come and have a butchers at these knockers!" and "please peruse the tittays we have on offer in this fine adult game." :)

PS To answer your questions (BTW, I know they aren't yours ;)) in order...
Incest? Where? :unsure:
My save game won't work for you, I'm on the high-brow route. :geek:
The next update is soon™ or when it's ready, whichever comes first. :rolleyes:
The dev is only milking one thing and Ava is quite sore, believe me! :devilish:
Sarah is the best waifu! :p

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes