TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Is there's no mysterious cave in the way, maybe
Expect to explore Sarah's cave in the next chapter ...wait, what?
You should have seen her face playing against "Bobe" in VR...
...have. :sneaky:
I thought I was bad guy for 30 years with 20 of those years trying to kill myself as lifeguard saving people. And yes I definitely an idiot ;) having 3 people pay ultimate price for 3 separate fuck ups by age 21 screws with your self evaluation.
Sadly common, good things think they are bad, and bad guys thing they are good.
Yep. So do I. In fact, if I were to make my top 10 characters in adult games list, most people would probably think I'm crazy or joking with one game taking like half the spots.:)
Don't think I ever could make that list.
Or Mike the IT engineer??
...assuming he lives. :whistle:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It was a busy night it seems. :p

*whispers* don't let the others know but your currently my favourite person on here. *sage nods*
It is confirmed now, Miss Naughty is the (il)legitimate love child of Bruce Forsythe. :p

Typical! Blame me! ;)
Well who is the totally innocently adorable delicate teasing, manipulating, sowing confusion puppet master here? :p

Logic is your friend....

Unless....he does somehow? Nah. He doesn't. Probably.
Well I would be pretty surprised if Marcus is not one or the most likely reason for the way Kelly and Trisha are behaving. Of course we might be proven wrong later, but Dr Marcus does seem to set very high value on his experiments and is a bit low on potential subjects. Possibly both know about the experiment though and agreed willingly.

Only idiots would think themselves the bad guys.;)

Vanguard was not scheduled arrive, so how would he get them? Unless, he knew of a different schedule...:sneaky:

And it's only for five days...:sneaky:
Well it all depends on your definition of good and bad of course.

If you like history a bit and look at it all over the world you will see that what is good or bad can vary pretty strongly over time and geography. For example we have a strong rule against killing, while the Inca thought making human sacrifices are a good thing. Also I often see a great willingness even in our society to send out soldiers to safeguard our interests with little regard to the fact they might have to kill or be killed during those missions. Overriding the bad part of (potential) killing with our economic and other interests:p

Most good and bad people though would consider their drives, motivations and convictions normal and would even benefit the greater good overall or at least the good of the people or animals they care about. Basically we ourselves are the ones that decide whether someone else's or our own behavior is good or bad based upon our own believes and convictions and then way to often try to force others to live according to our own conviction and beliefs. To me I have some strong doubts whether the universe has some universal moral rules about good or bad that are always valid or even has moral rules at all.

Well as his acting medical officer it would make sense he would have access to at least their medical data, even if just to know they have a serious allergy or such, though the communications problems might have stopped that. I suspect his clearance is higher as MC's anyway if remember right and Amanda's is even higher. Remember though we know that Marcus might think Amanda is possibly overly ruthless in her research, that does not mean they might not be working together. We have way to little amount of clues yet about the people on the station to make any educated guesses who is allied with whom or antagonistic.

But he's a doctor! You can trust doctors!

Can't you?

I mean I hope you can as there are a lot of them around down there...
Well that would be medical doctors, whom none on that station is I guess. :p Even those can go after their own ambitions first though. Besides if you are a little bit known with academia, which I strongly suspect you are Notty, you damn well know that the amount of backstabbing, jealousy and outright hate can be overwhelmingly strong in that world as is the dark side of the force and funding. :ROFLMAO:

I use "doubt" out of politness instead of calling your suggestion outright rubbish!;)

It can all be part of a conspiracy, of course. And yes, I meant the latter crew.

Of the Ophion crew...well, surely he didn't do nothing past six months, did he? :sneaky:

As for his ethics, remember his talk about Amanda's research and the question that apparently mattered to him a lot... :)
See my point above, the fact he has ethics, does not mean that other factors as the greater good of the importance of his research would not override those or that he did not find a way to have Trisha or Kelly volunteer. It is even possible that someone else is running an experiment without Marcus knowing though, even if I would be surprised if he would not suspect at least if that was the case.

I agree with everything you said, but I just wanted to add something to this. Don't forget we know something the MC doesn't. It's a story. And since childhood, we've been used to look for clues and doubt those characters' intentions in a story, whereas the MC is just tasked with doing his job in an unconventional context.

This little extradiegetic piece of information explains why we can see in one moment what sometimes takes hours for the characters to notice.
Completely agree with this and it is also one of the hardest thing to balance for our puppet master Miss Notty.:p it is her task to give us the information we need at the time we need it while so keeping us guessing, wondering, surprising us and wowing us when she does reveals. :p Besides we do know from Notty's earlier remarks that while MC is competent guy and not a fool, he also is not superman or a superspy and does not hold any secret aces up his sleeves. Now some others might though. :ROFLMAO:

On the bets in general the MC has several opportunities to ask just why they are all so wager obsessed in Four....
That will be in chapter 4? I did see some thought musings of MC about that but not an option to ask yet. I guess it is just the boredom though of travelling a lot together and MC being new making him a welcome distraction.

Just *looks innocent*, not *is innocent*? Is your halo slipping? :unsure: :whistle:
Nah, Notty may well find a complete Innocent delight in tempting, teasing us and challenging us with the choices she provides, but she surely knows she is not innocent of wanting to tempt us to see her hard work and paths she provided and will be delighted if someone will take the time to see and enjoy her hard work on those paths and will be challenged. After all it is the interaction of our choices and the content she provides that makes the game come alive, so how could she not want us to experience and explore it. Also as an aside, she created the characters and the convictions and beliefs they hold so at least part of the consequences of our choices are her choice, whether we are warned beforehand or not that those will be the consequences.

For example, just imagine Notty herself would be a romanceable character on Ophion and you would have to make the choice to either save all the wing spiders on Ophion, but you can only doso by destroying all the production facilities in the universe of Jaffa cakes, ciggies and coffee? Well if you decide to save the spiders Sarah might be happy, but I suspect Annie and Notty would never speak with you again if they would no try to kill you beforehand.:ROFLMAO: The choice of saving the spider will be your choice, the consequences though even if predictable are not.

It really is a shame that you don't have access to his file....
It is indeed you tease, well maybe Amanda could change that, pretty sure she will have access. Justthe question is what will be the price for getting Amanda on your side and who will you antagonize by that. :p Also we are still missing a few key players still in the story.

Or ask Trisha. If she really hate her hubby maybe she will help fuck him up after MC got her all hot and wet? :p
Well who says Trisha hates her husband? They may well be in what we Dutch would call a "vechtvereniging" (vecht is fight and vereniging in this context would be relationship). The kind of relationship where people seem unable to live together but deep down there is great care and love and mutual dependency. Just ask Marcus a bit too much about Trisha when you first meet him and see his reaction. Pretty sure he will not be happy if you start anything with Trisha. :p

Last edited:

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
In retrospect this was perhaps rather naive of me but I genuinely didn't expect, especially with the size of the game, that people would.,..... I suppose that may well turn out to be an incorrect assumption on my part too!
I suspect that this is because, in fact, you have never had the pleasure of playing your own game.

And by that, I mean you have not had the pleasure of playing H5 with a newness/innocence of not knowing where your choices are going to lead.

I ALWAYS* go back and replay the game differently, or, at least, "scroll back" a bit to see where the other choice might lead... are you saying you don't play that way? With the twists and turns and numerous branches, we just get more bang for the buck (or I am hoping we get the bang anyway) with choices.

So the fact that so many of the hard core followers have played your game in every conceivable manner is really a testament to the developers skill.

*That is, when the game is worth a shit.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
She's too polite for that, besides, she's British, British people don't tend to complain out in the open ;)
Not quite complain no. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: I'm Not Thea Lundgren! Do not forget they complain a lot, they just use secret code for it though and then are surprised if foreigners who are not aware of those codes do not understand what they mean when they speak in that code. Other English people are aware of the complaining though, even if politely or incomprehensibly phrased for us foreigners.

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Well who is the totally innocently adorable delicate teasing, manipulating, sowing confusion puppet master here? :p
Lunch time might not be a good time to come here. I read it as "delicate tasting" at first. :p:oops:

See my point above, the fact he has ethics, does not mean that other factors as the greater good of the importance of his research would not override those
"But you can't just throw morality out of the window when it suits. Can you, Lieutenant?" Marcus blabla.png

Besides we do know from Notty's earlier remarks that while MC is competent guy and not a fool, he also is not superman or a superspy and does not hold any secret aces up his sleeves. Now some others might though. :ROFLMAO:
The MC is smart and doesn't have any superpowers. I like that in a MC.;)

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Not quite complain no. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: I'm Not Thea Lundgren! Do not forget they complain a lot, they just use secret code for it though and then are surprised if foreigners who are not aware of those codes do not understand what they mean when they speak in that code. Other English people are aware of the complaining though, even if politely or incomprehensibly phrased for us foreigners.
Shhhh! No-one is supposed to know about the unwritten code! That's the exact reason that it's unwritten!

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Lunch time might not be a good time to come here. I read it as "delicate tasting" at first. :p:oops:
Well according to Ava that is known and the exact truth, I can not confirm or deny that rumour though. :p

"But you can't just throw morality out of the window when it suits. Can you, Lieutenant?"
Marcus blabla.png
Ah, morals are extremely flexible though when they run against your deepest convictions and motivations or to freely paraphrase a quote I read when I was about 13 I think: "Corruption seemed unfathomable to me until I became corrupted, then it seemed only logical and unavoidable."

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Ah, morals are extremely flexible though when they run against your deepest convictions and motivations or to freely paraphrase a quote I read when I was about 13 I think: "Corruption seemed unfathomable to me until I became corrupted, then it seemed only logical and unavoidable."
"Touche. I see we differ on this matter. Not for the first time I find myself alone on a position." Marcus blabla.png

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
"Touche. I see we differ on this matter. Not for the first time I find myself alone on a position." View attachment 395038
I am pretty sure you do not stand alone on this matter, I suspect it is my view that is considered the more extreme and slightly more negative view in this case. :p Then again I see the universe as mainly an amoral place that we humans try to impose morals on, so that is not so weird.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes