TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'd been talking about doing a music video for ages and this song came on and I thought "That's Chadders" so I made a few Becca renders, threw in some renders I had lying around, learnt how to use some software and....yeah. With some work at some point I could probs do a decent one now I've got my head around how to do it.
I used to make them with anime and whatnot, don't know that I could do it with something in daz, as I have a habit of trying to lipsync. :whistle:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In all honesty I think this is a super idea, probs far better than the one I have tbh! :) But it would be a lot of work tho - and with Kelly having a scripted path as it is it would mean a large re-write.

I think for now, I'll just be tweaking the MC to a fem protag as that way I can kick it out fairly quickly and then move on to something fresh. Doesn't change the fact it was a super idea tho :)
Well, playing Kelly's sister has some appeal as well... ;)
Depends on Mike or Marcus :p
Well, that is true, I can certainly see her being bigger than them!
I would not know in some cases it was an Easter egg even, I did recognize the red dead redemption joke and more saw it just as that, so I might have found more as I would think without realizing it. Some others I would miss though since would miss the background to get them. :p
I am sure I missed a few that was as well. ...Hey Bruno! ...swish!
Good thing I'm patient. I'd think it's worth it though. I'm not a huge fan of having a "Prof Oak" choice when all it changes is whether people call you "he" or "she".
Pretty sure she said there would be other changes as well.
The thing I'm working on only has a female MC. And since I don't care much for BDSM, find corruption games too unrealistic, and completely hate Futa stuff, I guess it's going to be a fairly vanilla game, right? :rolleyes:
Oh, and she has no familly either, so it's already a recipe for failure. :p
Well, I would give it a shot, as long as there isn't any forced straight sex. :p
Oh it's easy enough to do in Renpy. You just use a different image for the hover.

An earlier version of Chapter One actually had that highlighted effect in but, to my mind, that just made it worse as all you'd do as the player is whizz your mouse around a screen until something changed colour. So not even a challenge, more of a chore I thought. Y'know, you get to a screen and just...move your mouse around? *thought it was a bit dull*

I think the consistency is the most important point. At the mo I'm starting the game saying one thing - then drop it all for the subsequent three chapters. (no clickables in Four either).
That is the way most of them do it, the glowie thing, but as you said, consistency. Would be annoying to look for things that are not there I suppose. ;)
Yeh corruption in most games is ridiculous, see dick against will, all brain cells simultaneously die. fear and pain convert to lust and as soon as taste cum become hopelessly addicted. There are some though that turn it on head and it is escaping from shackles of society and a path to sexual liberation and self determination.
Then you have the opposite, where a guy gives a girl a complement and she just goes to pieces. :p You will find bad writing in every genera.

Reactions: Sinphil and DA22

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
BDSM is a huge umbrella that overlaps and is often confused with domination/Submission. Light BDSM with real trust and love can be amazing. The day I woke up on my birthday tied to bed with my ties, blindfolded and "tortured" for nearly 5 hours with ice. fingernails and a feather constantly edged was most amazing sexual experience of my life. It took her another 6 months for her to get me over my bias and convince me to return favour.
Hmm, it is something to consider, though so far, it's just never been "my thing".

Well, I would give it a shot, as long as there isn't any forced straight sex. :p
Would depend on your definition of "forced" in this case.
Is the MC forced? No, never. But the premise of the whole game is that the MC knowingly agreed to place herself in the situation she's in, even if some manipulation (which she's unaware of) might have been involved to get her there. First chapter won't include any straight sex though (at least I'm certain of that much already) and make pretty clear what that situation she's in is. And in that situation, straight sex is unavoidable.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hmm, it is something to consider, though so far, it's just never been "my thing".

Would depend on your definition of "forced" in this case.
Is the MC forced? No, never. But the premise of the whole game is that the MC knowingly agreed to place herself in the situation she's in, even if some manipulation (which she's unaware of) might have been involved to get her there. First chapter won't include any straight sex though (at least I'm certain of that much already) and make pretty clear what that situation she's in is. And in that situation, straight sex is unavoidable.
Sorry to hear it, that is exactly what I mean, if I as the player can't avoid it then it is forced. I don't sleep with guys, no matter who I am playing, I would rather play a game without sex than to have to fuck a guy. Oh well, every game can't be for every player, but this is why I avoid most female protagonist games around here, not enough solo or gay stuff. :p I hope it does well for you though!

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Sorry to hear it, that is exactly what I mean, if I as the player can't avoid it then it is forced. I don't sleep with guys, no matter who I am playing, I would rather play a game without sex than to have to fuck a guy. Oh well, every game can't be for every player, but this is why I avoid most female protagonist games around here, not enough solo or gay stuff. :p I hope it does well for you though!
I was gonna make a joke here but I also have a bit of a problem with that. I don't mind playing a female MC fucking men, the problem is I never find any of the men attractive. And I don't mean just the old/obese/disgusting "bosses" or "neighbors" or "father in law" (although it is even worse).

I just don't find males attractive at all and it makes the experience not as good. When I play a man fucking women. Chances are in most game I'll at least find them physcially attractive. I'm looking for girls I find "mentally" attractive as a priority but I can't deny. If a girl's body is my type I'm gonna at least want to check out her route, probably.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I was gonna make a joke here but I also have a bit of a problem with that. I don't mind playing a female MC fucking men, the problem is I never find any of the men attractive. And I don't mean just the old/obese/disgusting "bosses" or "neighbors" or "father in law" (although it is even worse).

I just don't find males attractive at all and it makes the experience not as good. When I play a man fucking women. Chances are in most game I'll at least find them physcially attractive. I'm looking for girls I find "mentally" attractive as a priority but I can't deny. If a girl's body is my type I'm gonna at least want to check out her route, probably.
There are even a few male protagonist games where the males are so ugly, I can't get over it, and when the women call them 'handsome' it kills any immersion I might have. Just about any HS game has that problem, a big part of why so many are first person and you are about the only male around, it's not just part of the fantasy. :LOL:

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
There are even a few male protagonist games where the males are so ugly, I can't get over it, and when the women call them 'handsome' it kills any immersion I might have. Just about any HS game has that problem, a big part of why so many are first person and you are about the only male around, it's not just part of the fantasy. :LOL:
Well I'm ugly as well so I can relate to MC easier...

It's a good point about HS male characters, they're fucking weird and most of them look the same. I tend to not really look at the male characters in sex scenes anyway. They just kinda phase out in my mind. Having the MC be the same guy everytime and it being "supposed to be me" helps make it more acceptable.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well I'm ugly as well so I can relate to MC easier...

It's a good point about HS male characters, they're fucking weird and most of them look the same. I tend to not really look at the male characters in sex scenes anyway. They just kinda phase out in my mind. Having the MC be the same guy everytime and it being "supposed to be me" helps make it more acceptable.
Yeah, it's a real limitation with the engine, it was not designed with guys in mind, and most of the people who make assets for it don't make stuff for guys, so the options are really limited. The braid is something I really find upsetting for them, it comes out of their spine. They did not want guys to have long hair in that one.

83wulf

May 14, 2019
I don't mind playing a female MC fucking men, the problem is I never find any of the men attractive. And I don't mean just the old/obese/disgusting "bosses" or "neighbors" or "father in law" (although it is even worse).
I’m bisexual and I actually agree with you, generally speaking, about the male prospects in adult games. A good-looking dude who is smart, has a sense of humor and a spine, and is neither a creep nor a douche… that is simply not done in straight games. And I don’t know why. Maybe straight males (which most devs are) don’t really “get” what makes a guy hot. Who knows?

But as for the dudes in Heavy Five… well, one seems spineless (or is he? :unsure:) and the other shifty as fuck. I suppose there is more content to come. But I like Chris too much anyway for them to be on my radar.

Here is a pretty good romantic gay game on here (a bit slow-burning and blue-balling for my tastes, but good). Not your thing, I realise, but an example of how to make male characters “fuckable” for those so inclined. (hint: you have to get to know them, and not just in the biblical sense)

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I’m bisexual and I actually agree with you, generally speaking, about the male prospects in adult games. A good-looking dude who is smart, has a sense of humor and a spine, and is neither a creep nor a douche… that is simply not done in straight games. And I don’t know why. Maybe straight males (which most devs are) don’t really “get” what makes a guy hot. Who knows?

But as for the dudes in Heavy Five… well, one seems spineless (or is he? :unsure:) and the other shifty as fuck. I suppose there is more content to come. But I like Chris too much anyway for them to be on my radar.

Here is a pretty good romantic gay game on here (a bit slow-burning and blue-balling for my tastes, but good). Not your thing, I realise, but an example of how to make male characters “fuckable” for those so inclined. (hint: you have to get to know them, and not just in the biblical sense)
Well, knowing what makes a guy hot could help me. I'm not exactly drowning in pussy at the moment.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I think there are a few nice male models but just that they aren't very utilized, in a lot of games you are more likely to see the overly obese and or old guy who is usually some villain or a comedy relief character. :p

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I think there are a few nice male models but just that they aren't very utilized, in a lot of games you are more likely to see the overly obese and or old guy who is usually some villain or a comedy relief character. :p
As a straight man there's the issue that I wouldn't know what an attractive looking guy ... looks like. which I suppose makes the horrible personallity pop even more. Like I said before I can overlook some girls being shitheads because they're hot as fuck. (and even then I have my limits)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Likely those models are kinda expensive or a lot of work for a dev to create or both, to be honest though the looks of the male are most of time not my first, second or third concern. I know selfish of me in the extreme. :p Think Notty did quite a good job though on Marcus and Mike.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

All I can say is that I know what I think is attractive, but I am not attracted to guys, so my opinion isn't really worth all that much. :LOL:

Sure buying models can be costly, but it is also a big part of what makes so many of these daz games so repetitive and obnoxious (every game using the same models). It's really not that difficult to make one from scratch, or blend a few others to make something decent. With enough sliders, it's not that much worse than making someone in the sims or whatever.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
All I can say is that I know what I think is attractive, but I am not attracted to guys, so my opinion isn't really worth all that much. :LOL:

Sure buying models can be costly, but it is also a big part of what makes so many of these daz games so repetitive and obnoxious (every game using the same models). It's really not that difficult to make one from scratch, or blend a few others to make something decent. With enough sliders, it's not that much worse than making someone in the sims or whatever.
I was gonna ask, am I naive to think DAZ3D could let people make different looking characters devs just either don't have the "artistic doits" or are too lazy to bother. Maybe just think making a custom model (especially for males) just isn't worth their time and efforts?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Nonsense. For instance, I don't need to the sexually attracted to Keanu Reeves to know he is pretty. :p

Also was looking at DAZ site and most models don't seem that pricey but i supposed when you start adding several things the price can become quite high.
Yeah pretty is just not the same as attractive when it comes to males. :p Though on the other hand I do remember there was quite a body of scientific research that attractive males did tend to be more successful in business overall, so possibly it does work even on straight males on a subconscious level.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I was gonna ask, am I naive to think DAZ3D could let people make different looking characters devs just either don't have the "artistic doits" or are too lazy to bother. Maybe just think making a custom model (especially for males) just isn't worth their time and efforts?
It depends a lot on what you want to focus on, I guess. Making male characters, who are mostly less important than the female ones, isn't really a priority. The real issue is when even the female characters are totally interchangeable and common. Personally, I tend to avoid games where I've seen the girls in more than one other game, it just denotes a kind of laziness in the dev :/

For example, I tried to create significantly different male profiles (and female as well ^^), and it doesn't take that much work. But I understand not wanting to spend much time in a background character. This is why "self-contained" games, such as Heavy Five, can solely focus on the main characters. When the whole story is done in a secluded place, you don't have to bother with making tons and tons of background characters. Only focus on the protagonists.

That being said, Notty's got quite the number of protagonists AND keep adding secondary characters in things like Channel 7, SP, the DeWitt movies :unsure: How can she keep that level of quality, then? Simple, the woman is a witch!

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
You kinda sound attracted, there.
He is a model of male beauty to a lot of people, you don't need sexual attraction to recognize that.
It depends a lot on what you want to focus on, I guess. Making male characters, who are mostly less important than the female ones, isn't really a priority. The real issue is when even the female characters are totally interchangeable and common. Personally, I tend to avoid games where I've seen the girls in more than one other game, it just denotes a kind of laziness in the dev :/

For example, I tried to create significantly different male profiles (and female as well ^^), and it doesn't take that much work. But I understand not wanting to spend much time in a background character. This is why "self-contained" games, such as Heavy Five, can solely focus on the main characters. When the whole story is done in a secluded place, you don't have to bother with making tons and tons of background characters. Only focus on the protagonists.

That being said, Notty's got quite the number of protagonists AND keep adding secondary characters in things like Channel 7, SP, the DeWitt movies :unsure: How can she keep that level of quality, then? Simple, the woman is a witch!

Likely because of the beard but the last one remind me a bit of Ragnar from Vikings series.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017

Well that's fine andI agree but when I talk about male characer I include MC which... you tend to see a lot of, in general. I feel the same about the girls models but it's not that big of a deal for me, plus if I had to ignore every game where a girl model is reused I'd play fucking nothing.

There's also the issues that those women models usually have weird bodies to me. slim frames with unannturally huge asses and tits. And don't get me wrong, big booties are where it's at but I also happen to prefer smaller breasts and petite girls.

And I get that it's hard too. I tried making characters in some Illusion games and eventually thigns start protruding in weird ways. Now that I think about it happens in every game with character customization. Like bethesda games. i love character creation but I'm SO BAD at it.

Anyway I got off track there. I'm more saddened that most women in games are not the petite sweet small tittied gf of my dreams than anything else.

He is a model of male beauty to a lot of people, you don't need sexual attraction to recognize that.
Fair enough. I happen to think he doesn't look that good. But I'm also dumb.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes