Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Morning scamps,

I assume the bad end is Annie is actually one of those crazy people who abduct people and seal them in rooms, but you know, with a welded door, her "pet" dies of dehydration/starvation/oxygen deprivation...
You'll enjoy her Bored Pilot interview...

I'm curious about where the actual sightings of the LGMs took place. Just in the vicinity of the station or at various isolated places around the planet? If it's the second option and low dying population estimates are somewhat correct, what are the odds of them actually being close to the station of all places? Seems too convenient. :unsure:
Covered when you meet the expert on the LGM's...

What if the LGM are actually peaceful but it's the humans that make them aggressive by a) destroying their cultural and burial sites. b) exposing them to female pheromones, after all access to the showers is limited,if it was a normal procedure, the Lieutenant wouldn't be informed about it. Sweat contains pheromones, the Ophions are susceptible to them and get wild. c) humans had a prejudice based on their appearance and opened fire, the aliens just avenge their fallen
Interesting theory. :)

Since this is the first habitable planet discovered, there is not much to return to.:)

Another thing, why does nobody seem to be thrilled about meeting another sentient, albeit seemingly primitive, species? I assume, there haven't been other first contact situations yet. One would expect there'd be hordes of scientists researching them.:unsure:
The problem might be with the methods used by scientists, if @Nottravis is going for realism, the scientists probably tried to dissect one of the natives. And we know one thing about Notty, she likes realism as much as she likes to tease us with possible spoilers.
Well, if they did, I guess they didn't share it. Or our Engineer hasn't unlocked a lore entry about LGMs' biological details yet.:)
This is why I like peeking in and sharing odd bits and bobs, it ensures I don't have any plot holes :)
*doesn't - preens!*
One of the problems I had was I had -so- much information and lore to set up, that if I had dropped it all in Chapter one:

a) no bugger would have played the game;
b) those that did by the time they needed the information would have forgotten it; and
c) not every player will care about this stuff - and nor should they have to of course. As I've said before this game can be played with very little attention to all of the hidden or background stuff and the player can/should still have a good time. Of course those that do get a very different experience. I sorta think of the deeper parts of the game being like DLC that is already there :)

That said all these are valid questions and are covered in Chapters Two and Three. Although in my defence,, although not explicitly stated, the answers to these are also semi-present in Chapter One, even if only by making logical deductions from the game content, especially the chat with Chris about Ophion.

If you build it, they will come.
I'll leave that up the player choices to see if they build it or not. I just give you guys options... :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
This is why I like peeking in and sharing odd bits and bobs, it ensures I don't have any plot holes :)
*doesn't - preens!*
One of the problems I had was I had -so- much information and lore to set up, that if I had dropped it all in Chapter one:

a) no bugger would have played the game;
b) those that did by the time they needed the information would have forgotten it; and
c) not every player will care about this stuff - and nor should they have to of course. As I've said before this game can be played with very little attention to all of the hidden or background stuff and the player can/should still have a good time. Of course those that do get a very different experience. I sorta think of the deeper parts of the game being like DLC that is already there :)

That said all these are valid questions and are covered in Chapters Two and Three. Although in my defence,, although not explicitly stated, the answers to these are also semi-present in Chapter One, even if only by making logical deductions from the game content, especially the chat with Chris about Ophion.
These are all excellent points and I'd be a fool to expect to find an inconsistency. Still, it doesn't hurt to try and poke a little and see what else might fall off. Can't get tired of bits and bobs.;)

As for the chat with Chris, it explains why the attention shifted from the colonisation point of view, since that is the priority, but not really why there doesn't seem to be enough attention in a new lifeform from the scientific point of view. However, I do expect that will be covered in the next chapters.

At this point, I question everyone's motives, particularly the government/military. I mean If I can't trust Sonya, who else I can trust? :)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I assume the whole hand wringing over the LGMs is partly because there is now known ETI and science vs corp vs government vs public have to debate on what to do and also watch out for each other maybe doing underhanded shit. Science division may want to study, government may want to keep them at bay or go slow, while corporations may want to exploit and the public may want to burn them with fire.

There is mention of both the base to study but also the satellite which gives them "all the data" as Chris said.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I assume the whole hand wringing over the LGMs is partly because there is now known ETI and science vs corp vs government vs public have to debate on what to do and also watch out for each other maybe doing underhanded shit. Science division may want to study, government may want to keep them at bay or go slow, while corporations may want to exploit and the public may want to burn them with fire.

There is mention of both the base to study but also the satellite which gives them "all the data" as Chris said.
and there's Lieutenant K.K. intrigued if they can be turned into allies

Reactions: TheDevian

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

Aye, there are many possibilities.

I wonder how much information the satellites provide, since there have been less than a dozen sightings. Are they unable to detect the LGM? I'm still more inclined to think that this is just an elaborate cover up.

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Aye, there are many possibilities.

I wonder how much information the satellites provide, since there have been less than a dozen sightings. Are they unable to detect the LGM? I'm still more inclined to think that this is just an elaborate cover up.
or the LGM leave underground and the ones that were detected on the surface were exiles or scouts looking for new settlement spots

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
What if the LGM are actually peaceful but it's the humans that make them aggressive by a) destroying their cultural and burial sites. b) exposing them to female pheromones, after all access to the showers is limited,if it was a normal procedure, the Lieutenant wouldn't be informed about it. Sweat contains pheromones, the Ophions are susceptible to them and get wild. c) humans had a prejudice based on their appearance and opened fire, the aliens just avenge their fallen
That was more or less my first impression.

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
or the LGM leave underground and the ones that were detected on the surface were exiles or scouts looking for new settlement spots
If they live underground and the satellites can't detect them there, then the means to monitor them seem awfully inefficient. Lieutenant's authority to close the station based on his engineering expertise alone seems like the importance of researching the LGMs is not far from researching importance of a pebble.

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Science division may want to study, government may want to keep them at bay or go slow, while corporations may want to exploit and the public may want to burn them with fire.
I have a speech for everyone of them.
HELLO HUMANITY! Who takes Opion takes the universe! But, bad news, everyone! Cuz, guess who? Ha! Except, you lot, you’re all whizzing about… It’s really VERY distracting, could you all just stay still for a minute? Because. I AM TALKING!!!!! Now: The question of the hour is, who’s got the Ophion? Answer: I do. Next question! Who’s coming to take it from me? COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN! Look at me! No plan, no back-up, no weapons, worth a damn. OH, and something else! I. Don’t. Have. Anything TO LOSE! So, if you’re sitting up there in your silly little spaceship with all…your…silly…little guns…and you’ve got any plans on taking Ophion TONIGHT! Just REMEMBER who’s standing in your way! REMEMBER every black day I ever stopped you! And then, AND THEN! ANNND THENNNNN! DO the SMART THING! Let somebody else try first....

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
If they live underground and the satellites can't detect them there, then the means to monitor them seem awfully inefficient. Lieutenant's authority to close the station based on his engineering expertise alone seems like the importance of researching the LGMs is not far from researching importance of a pebble.
Unable to know if there is more than one sat, or its capabilities like ground penetration etc.

So a single throw away base does make sense with very little man power. The loss of it can easily be written off, plus removal of the doctor whom is the only one maybe pushing for this planet.

For all we know my hollow planet joke is on the money and there are gazillions of them, so a small base makes sense until the early study done by the good doc can figure how they live/procreate, then maybe some form of long term or abduction based experimentation.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I have a speech for everyone of them.
HELLO HUMANITY! Who takes Opion takes the universe! But, bad news, everyone! Cuz, guess who? Ha! Except, you lot, you’re all whizzing about… It’s really VERY distracting, could you all just stay still for a minute? Because. I AM TALKING!!!!! Now: The question of the hour is, who’s got the Ophion? Answer: I do. Next question! Who’s coming to take it from me? COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN! Look at me! No plan, no back-up, no weapons, worth a damn. OH, and something else! I. Don’t. Have. Anything TO LOSE! So, if you’re sitting up there in your silly little spaceship with all…your…silly…little guns…and you’ve got any plans on taking Ophion TONIGHT! Just REMEMBER who’s standing in your way! REMEMBER every black day I ever stopped you! And then, AND THEN! ANNND THENNNNN! DO the SMART THING! Let somebody else try first....
That was one of the better Dr. Who episodes for that season.

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Unable to know if there is more than one sat, or its capabilities like ground penetration etc.

So a single throw away base does make sense with very little man power. The loss of it can easily be written off, plus removal of the doctor whom is the only one maybe pushing for this planet.

For all we know my hollow planet joke is on the money and there are gazillions of them, so a small base makes sense until the early study done by the good doc can figure how they live/procreate, then maybe some form of long term or abduction based experimentation.
what if the LGM are mole-like and can dig tunnels? what would stop them from swarming the station from underground?

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes