Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Save the bunnies, you don't want bunnies around here ..... Yvonne likes bunnies ...... for lunch.

Awww, that is super cute though.

I used to have a rabbit years ago called Odin. He ran figure eights through my legs. Used to chuckle cos he'd hop out of his cage and Lillith, one of our cats, would hop in. Like musical hutches.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm actually sad over something completely unrelated to the conversation but need to get it off my chest because it's sad.

Me and my twinsy have had a song we've sung on karaoke for about 12-13 years now...

It's Long Time Traveller by The Wailing Jenny's.

I've just gone to listen to it because of karaoke talk and read the comments to find people only know the song because of The Originals tv show. Is that what it takes for people to hear an awesome song, a tv show about vampires....

So sad.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I'm actually sad over something completely unrelated to the conversation but need to get it off my chest because it's sad.

Me and my twinsy have had a song we've sung on karaoke for about 12-13 years now...

I've just gone to listen to it because of karaoke talk and read the comments to find people only know the song because of The Originals tv show. Is that what it takes for people to hear an awesome song, a tv show about vampires....

So sad.
I know how you feel. There are lots of awesome songs out there, but people only know the cover version or the sampled version, that makes me sad.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

So sad.
Well, sometimes, it takes less than classy reasons to hear and love a classic. If I'm being perfectly honest here, I've first learned about "You can't always get what you want" (Rolling Stones) from the first episode of Dr House :censored:
And I owe it to you and I'm Not Thea Lundgren! from a discussion in another thread (can't remember which) to have listened to "Come on Eileen" for the first time (and love it since).
So you see, what's important is not that people first heard the song in a stupid show, it's that this song, like so many, is immortal, and it won't cheapen your twinsy's and your memories of it :)

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I know how you feel. There are lots of awesome songs out there, but people only know the cover version or the sampled version, that makes me sad.
My parents were kind enough to expose me to the classics, and 95% of the music I listen to is older than I am. That 5% being mostly weird ass electro shit and random songs from video games.

Part of me is wondering if companies are sponsoring covers so they don't have to pay the exorbitant licensing fees of the originals, but that's tinfoil hat talk.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Well, sometimes, it takes less than classy reasons to hear and love a classic. If I'm being perfectly honest here, I've first learned about "You can't always get what you want" (Rolling Stones) from the first episode of Dr House :censored:
And I owe it to you and I'm Not Thea Lundgren! from a discussion in another thread (can't remember which) to have listened to "Come on Eileen" for the first time (and love it since).
So you see, what's important is not that people first heard the song in a stupid show, it's that this song, like so many, is immortal, and it won't cheapen your twinsy's and your memories of it :)
It was from the WTHI thread and still nobody got the deliberate mistake I made there...

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes