Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think i've beat around the bush (innuendoooo) long enough with the play flirting.

I thought it's about time I put some real effort in.

Notty, I found this song that better explains it for me and just how much this all means.

Just heard this and it made me chuckle.

The ultimate in lazy flirting.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well, sometimes, it takes less than classy reasons to hear and love a classic. If I'm being perfectly honest here, I've first learned about "You can't always get what you want" (Rolling Stones) from the first episode of Dr House :censored:
And I owe it to you and I'm Not Thea Lundgren! from a discussion in another thread (can't remember which) to have listened to "Come on Eileen" for the first time (and love it since).
So you see, what's important is not that people first heard the song in a stupid show, it's that this song, like so many, is immortal, and it won't cheapen your twinsy's and your memories of it :)
It gets really sad though if people do not even know the original version, though to be honest sometimes the cover is better. Best example is likely All along the watchtower by Jimi Hendrix. Even Dylan preferred his version, might have been for the cash it brought in. :p By the way Dexy's Midnight Runners is def an interesting band. Was Rocking the Kasbah not one of their other songs?

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
By the way Dexy's Midnight Runners is def an interesting band. Was Rocking the Kasbah not one of their other songs?
Can't say. To me, Rocking the Casbah is a Clash song (one of my favorite bands ever :D)
Among the great covers, you can cite Johnny Cash too. Every time he did a cover, the original band just went "ok, this is a Johnny Cash song now" XD

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes