frap

Oct 17, 2018
Can't say. To me, Rocking the Casbah is a Clash song (one of my favorite bands ever :D)
Among the great covers, you can cite Johnny Cash too. Every time he did a cover, the original band just went "ok, this is a Johnny Cash song now" XD
Johnny Cash did some awesome covers, Hurt is definitely the best! :)
Heard Johnny live on the radio with members of Violent Femmes doing an acoustic cover of Blister in the Sun. It was amazing.

Still have 8 pages to catch up, but family member in the hospital after a long day in the city - so have to run for a while. :(

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
BTW sidenote. That logic does NOT work on cops. Trust me won't end well.
Never tell the cop you are high, that is never a good idea.
Heard Johnny live on the radio with members of Violent Femmes doing an acoustic cover of Blister in the Sun. It was amazing.

Still have 8 pages to catch up, but family member in the hospital after a long day in the city - so have to run for a while. :(
Sorry to hear it, hope they are okay.

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Okay - back, and caught up. So many pretty pictures!

Did you know: there is a point when your potassium levels are so low that you could die, and the only real symptoms are muscle cramps and confusion? And when you're talking about a Parkinson's patient who's already confused and won't complain about aches and pains... it's lucky her social worker made her go see her doctor today. She'll be in the hospital for a while, so I'm likely to be hit-or-miss around here. Probs try to catch up in the early mornings before work (starting 2 new projects with very little "wait on person X to do Y before proceeding" steps, meaning little to no thread reading during the day.)

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

Did you know: there is a point when your potassium levels are so low that you could die, and the only real symptoms are muscle cramps and confusion? And when you're talking about a Parkinson's patient who's already confused and won't complain about aches and pains... it's lucky her social worker made her go see her doctor today. She'll be in the hospital for a while, so I'm likely to be hit-or-miss around here. Probs try to catch up in the early mornings before work (starting 2 new projects with very little "wait on person X to do Y before proceeding" steps, meaning little to no thread reading during the day.)
Family comes first, then you time, then work if it's absolutely essential ;) Take Care :)

Besides, the thread will be waiting for you when you get back! Even if it is 20 pages!

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018

Good to have some news and glade she is in good hands.
Don't worry about the thread, take good care of your own and yourself!:)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Oh and we have a completely new tutorial btw! :)

All of the old gubbins is out and Becca now explains about naming saves etc as well.

View attachment 398627
Is it now the much expected 2 hours long tutorial where Becca teaches us all about life, love and everything good while slowly getting more and more aroused until the dreaded champagne bottle scene? :3

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Is it now the much expected 2 hours long tutorial where Becca teaches us all about life, love and everything good while slowly getting more and more aroused until the dreaded champagne bottle scene? :3
Oh.

Well if you've guessed, it's no surprise now :(

*goes to take all that out and sticks to the pure game stuff*

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
It's not me, it's you lot. I hate having to render this sorta stuff. But *sighs* I suppose I have to write it and render it just in case some of you want it....

Nothing to do with me at all!
giphy.gif
:p :p :p

All of the old gubbins is out and Becca now explains about naming saves etc as well.

View attachment 398627
Nice. The naming is per singular save or per page?

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
It's not me, it's you lot. I hate having to render this sorta stuff. But *sighs* I suppose I have to write it and render it just in case some of you want it....

Nothing to do with me at all!
*cackles?*

View attachment 398627
Nice! There's a good chance even spacebar folk will catch that!:)

Oh.

Well if you've guessed, it's no surprise now :(

*goes to take all that out and sticks to the pure game stuff*
Yikes. I better not try to guess Annie and Sarah will...:censored:
...then again, maybe not. :p It's what Becca points finger at. Page renaming.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
View attachment 398633
:p :p :p

Just sticking to per page. I have coded being able to name individual saves but I have doubts over it's stability. It seems to work -almost- all of the time but on a few occasions it just freaks out and I'll be damned if I know why. Plus it starts to get a chore to have to type save files after a while if you get a load of branching options close together.

So given you name the page whatever you want "Huity's bastard path 47", "Temp saves for Plant scene" i'm happy to just stick to what is there. Given that most of us weren't aware of it in the first instance it's better than nothing - and doesn't crash :)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Just sticking to per page. I have coded being able to name individual saves but I have doubts over it's stability. It seems to work -almost- all of the time but on a few occasions it just freaks out and I'll be damned if I know why. Plus it starts to get a chore to have to type save files after a while if you get a load of branching options close together.

So given you name the page whatever you want "Huity's bastard path 47", "Temp saves for Plant scene" i'm happy to just stick to what is there. Given that most of us weren't aware of it in the first instance it's better than nothing - and doesn't crash :)
I concur, having to type individual save names get old really fast and I actually don't like it when games are doing that :x

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I concur, having to type individual save names get old really fast and I actually don't like it when games are doing that :x
Same here.

Yeah, I like this. Simple and effective. And I may have an idea what to name the bastard now...:p

The only quality of life upgrade to this I can think of is expanding the number of saves per page. :)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes