Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Last time a dev (Pinkcake if i remember right?) did that, it messed with old saves big time... i have now 6 saves and 6 blank saves per pages. No thanks!!:cautious:
*noddities*

It's been key to me that anything I add or faff with never fucks up an old save. I have a whole batch of saves that I try out with every release just to make sure. Hence why I know that the named save code occasionally can screw things up.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*noddities*

It's been key to me that anything I add or faff with never fucks up an old save. I have a whole batch of saves that I try out with every release just to make sure. Hence why I know that the named save code occasionally can screw things up.
It comes down to that I might not know what I'm doing - but I know what I don't want you to experience :)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Last time a dev (Pinkcake if i remember right?) did that, it messed with old saves big time... i have now 6 saves and 6 blank saves per pages. No thanks!!:cautious:
Well, When Runey did it, the only thing it did was make the thumbnail the wrong size (just load and resave to fix), and made pages with 6 saves and 94 empty slots. It broke nothing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and Akamari

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
have now 6 saves and 6 blank saves per pages. No thanks!!:cautious:
Come to think of it, unless I'm misunderstanding (my first thought was that it really messes saves up), wouldn't that actually be desirable with page renaming though? I mean, if I have a Huity's bastard page, what I want is more blank slots so that I don't need to have 10 Huity's pages.:unsure:

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Exactly, 100 saves per page is awesome. But I am a save hoarder. :ROFLMAO:
Well, I'd still like to see what's in the thumbnails (and I don't save that much).:D

Looking at Philly's CoBD, it has 12 slots which I think is a good balance. But it's not possible to rename pages, so Heavy Five is actually more advanced in that area! :)

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well, I'd still like to see what's in the thumbnails (and I don't save that much).:D

Looking at Philly's CoBD, it has 12 slots which I think is a good balance. But it's not possible to rename pages, so Heavy Five is actually more advanced in that area! :)
He took out the ability to rename pages? Odd, that's a default feature.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Come to think of it, unless I'm misunderstanding (my first thought was that it really messes saves up), wouldn't that actually be desirable with page renaming though? I mean, if have a Huity's bastard page, what I want is more blank slots so that I don't need to have 10 Huity's pages.:unsure:
Yeah, i was not very clear... old saves are ok but 6 new blank saves per pages... a mess to rearrange them.o_O
But my point with choices and pics still stands.;)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah, i was not very clear... old saves are ok but 6 new blank saves per pages... a mess to rearrange them.o_O
But my point with choices and pics still stands.;)
Well, you don't have to do anything with those pages you have used if you don't want to, but there is a limited number of pages, so I will take as many slots as I can get per page. Especially in games like this where I need more than one play through, I make a new save at every choice.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I see, I can understand that in the system where you don't utilize named page. If you do (and the tutorial will suggest that), however, I think it would be very beneficial. If you have 30+ pages (like I do, and not all of them are full) it sometimes takes time to get to the page you desire. :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I see, I can understand that in the system where you don't utilize named page. If you do (and the tutorial will suggest that), however, I think it would be very beneficial. If you have 30+ pages (like I do, and not all of them are full) it sometimes takes time to get to the page you desire. :)
*noddities*

It's a compromise of course. Some will prefer named saves, some won't. But at least this way it works, doesn't bugger anything up (which is very important!) and yet still helps the player have some order at least.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes