Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Looks like TNJ is having a blast and you are teasing her as well. :ROFLMAO: Yeah more saves a page is not really highest priority. Might be nice to look into when you have time, but you have plenty on your plate already, especially when you decide to remaster three as well when look how nice and shiny chapters 1, 2 and 4 look when you are finished with them. :love:
Well on Three my plan was really only to redo the hallways....

Actually most of it looks great. Seems like I started to get my shit together on that one! The graphics card helped for sure there of course as I could run more iterations and make more complex lighting in less time. But....*eyes Sarah's room and gets twitchy*

EDIT: Aye I might look at more saves per page once Four is out - but only if it doesn't screw anything up!

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Guys, you gotta remember firstly I'm not a coder. It's a miracle anything works! :)
You are pulling a lot of miracles then. It's comparatively rather complex game. ;)

Plus I have my hands full re-writing huge chunks of One plus the remaster plus getting Four out. I honestly just can't do it.
Perfectly understandable. Sorry, if I looked too insistent on this (was actually trying to avoid that). Just something I thought worth considering. :)

However, speaking of Four.....NEWS!

I have feedback - which for your education, information and all round nosiness reproduce here for you :)

View attachment 398714
Goodness, it took me a minute before I got the joke.:ROFLMAO:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
If you fancy re-doing anything, just do it... but if the thought of getting more into the rabbit hole of re-rendering is really getting to you, just sit on your hands! Just remember to keep your hands still, we don't want you getting -too- distracted ;)
Exactly this:p To be honest when you decided to remaster chapters 1 and 2 I had a feeling this might happen. Might be wisest to get it out of your system for now so will not be to tempted to do another round after chapter 5 is out. ( I am talking about the renders ofc and not what you sit on :whistle:) :p

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Exactly this:p To be honest when you decided to remaster chapters 1 and 2 I had a feeling this might happen. Might be wisest to get it out of your system for now so will not be to tempted to do another round after chapter 5 is out. ( I am talking about the renders ofc and not what you sit on :whistle:) :p
With how much better she will get between now and then, you think it won't still happen? :LOL:

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I think what devs do wrong in naming of saves is that they try to use an update mechanic with the naming. Example would be each time you save you need to name it, rather than just be bastard path 1 always.

The fix to this would be making editable text boxes on the save page, this allows the player to edit the "naming" of each save whenever they want without touching the save itself or breaking anything. Similar to how the page can be named, just more of those, one under/over each save slot.

However for people not too well versed in ren'py/python this might be a bit difficult so the page option that is built in is nice.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Come to think of it, unless I'm misunderstanding (my first thought was that it really messes saves up), wouldn't that actually be desirable with page renaming though? I mean, if I have a Huity's bastard page, what I want is more blank slots so that I don't need to have 10 Huity's pages.:unsure:
What's wrong with a lot of little Huity's pages everywhere, pray?

Is it bad that everytime I see this pic I just want to reach out and squeeze?
one of us.gif

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I think what devs do wrong in naming of saves is that they try to use an update mechanic with the naming. Example would be each time you save you need to name it, rather than just be bastard path 1 always.

The fix to this would be making editable text boxes on the save page, this allows the player to edit the "naming" of each save whenever they want without touching the save itself or breaking anything. Similar to how the page can be named, just more of those, one under/over each save slot.

However for people not too well versed in ren'py/python this might be a bit difficult so the page option that is built in is nice.
*nods nods nods*

Aye I did try the player edit thingy but just beyond me sadly. It worked -some- of the time. But that obvs isn't good enough. Still very much a novice at all this. H5 is my only experience of coding I'm afraid.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
*nods nods nods*

Aye I did try the player edit thingy but just beyond me sadly. It worked -some- of the time. But that obvs isn't good enough. Still very much a novice at all this. H5 is my only experience of coding I'm afraid.
And you'll only get better with time, it's not a big deal anyway, I have pages of saves that I rename as I go along. e.g. Sarah Love Route, Sarah Arsehole Route, etc.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes