DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Agreed. I just need to make sure the gate is sufficient.
Fully agreed on that, it may take multiple gates though, since even if I might enjoy a darker fantasy I might still think for example cannibalism might go a bit far. :p

Totally. I for one like to explore different emotions and not adverse to dark writing....but I have a real issue with romanticising non con and violence to women (Personal baggage after god daughter lost mother)...yet I surprisingly enjoyed your SP as I took it as a satirical shot at the genre.
Yeah both males and females have darker fantasies sometimes, there is nothing wrong with that unless you glorify them or portray them as the norm or acceptable behavior. To me personally for any relation that would be when it goes beyond the boundaries of Sane, Safe and Consensual, I would not like to see that glorified. I think SP by the way it has been setup and as a mechanism for a bad MC to use it together with drugs to open up Sarah, puts it far enough in fantasy territory to be enjoyable.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Fully agreed on that, it may take multiple gates though, since even if I might enjoy a darker fantasy I might still think for example cannibalism might go a bit far. :p

Yeah both males and females have darker fantasies sometimes, there is nothing wrong with that unless you glorify them or portray them as the norm or acceptable behavior. To me personally for any relation that would be when it goes beyond the boundaries of Sane, Safe and Consensual, I would not like to see that glorified. I think SP by the way it has been setup and as a mechanism for a bad MC to use it together with drugs to open up Sarah, puts it far enough in fantasy territory to be enjoyable.
Yes, usually I'm not into most extreme sexual practices but once in a while, when the routine gets a little too boring, I go adventuring into the lost woods.

That also goes for things other than sex but still.

Last edited:
Reactions: DA22

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Well I can't guarantee that - largely as what can impact on an individual is of course a very personal matter and can never be fully accounted for.

All I can really say is that the tone of the game doesn't change at all. You know that elements of it are very silly and that my tongue is usually very firmly in my cheek for it. You also know that some paths can be rough or harsh - but you also know that I do my best to gate everything.

So in theory, if you're after a very silly funny romp then I still have you covered. So, for example, the SP stuff is quite rough. Very. But, it's also easily avoidable.
what if I want blood, tears and sweat?
Nah not me.

I mean you know that something is up. Nothing is going to come out of left field in that respect. No sudden "Oh no! The station is on fire...." from me
you say but... what will the future hold
is what
Damn.

*goes to change her plot for Chapter Six*
Great, now we're gonna have to chose between 2 windows and 4 love interests. Travis is a cruel mistress.
and 1 window/door willbe booby trapped. so as soon as MC uses the entrance, a movement sensor will activate a clock that will push a bowling ball... in the end a canary will fly and press the explosion button that will kill everything

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
Yep. Totally.

Her concerns on the scenes are even with ACIO is it might take people out of the left field tho. She's right to raise them as concerns, ultimately up to me as to whether they need tweaking. I think it might be a case of I need to make what's coming in two scenes a lot clearer as, perhaps, they might be a surprise even with the gate.
On the SP she's probs on firmer ground. There isn't really a gate on the SP other than "Look, you saw the first one so you -know- this is all going to be a bit rough and non-consent - and besides you're playing the bastard path so what do you expect?" type of expectation. So the stocks are fine, the chair is fine (ish) the lesbian scenes are fine - but....maybe the brazier scene does need to come out *is thinking*
So long as you stay well within the limits of "safe" BDSM, I don't see a problem. Otoh, torture scenes added just for shock value would be inappropriate.

Really? That happened?
I think I prefer you guys to have more of a heads up on what's coming. I know I go on about it but it's really important to me that you only get the content you choose y'know?
I guess in H5, it'll be Chris doing the pegging on the domme path?

• Haha
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
So long as you stay well within the limits of "safe" BDSM, I don't see a problem. Otoh, torture scenes added just for shock value would be inappropriate.

I guess in H5, it'll be Chris doing the pegging on the domme path?
I suspect we will be able to see stuff that will go way beyond stuff that will be Safe, Sane and Consensual in the SP book and the VR game the way they have been setup. That is why they have been set into fantasy realms, are heavily gated and why they will have no impact upon the game itself though. So it is up to us whether we will wish to go there or not.

Somehow I suspect Chris will not be the only domme option for some reason. :p Still I guess she will still want consent for that.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I suspect we will be able to see stuff that will go way beyond stuff that will be Safe, Sane and Consensual in the SP book and the VR game the way they have been setup.
Haven't we already? :p I don't think the bottle consented to be used like that...

Also, not just the SP or VR. There is the bad guy route...

ACIO of course.
Still I guess she will still want consent for that.
Something like that? For sure.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I suspect we will be able to see stuff that will go way beyond stuff that will be Safe, Sane and Consensual in the SP book and the VR game the way they have been setup. That is why they have been set into fantasy realms, are heavily gated and why they will have no impact upon the game itself though. So it is up to us whether we will wish to go there or not.
This :)

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Weeeeellll......

Feedback would suggest a bit too far....

Apparently VR is a bit much too. Oh as is one of Sarah's scenes....

Even C7 got a "You can't put that in!"

*is thinking*
But...

Isn't this precisely the right feedback? :unsure:
I mean, how would you react if it was: "yeah, the game was nice, keep going"?
^^^THIS.

She's worried I'll get the internet equivalent of firebombed for one part *sneaks into his PM*
If so, you've got the fire brigade standing by right here. ;)

Yep. Totally.

Her concerns on the scenes are even with ACIO is it might take people out of the left field tho. She's right to raise them as concerns, ultimately up to me as to whether they need tweaking. I think it might be a case of I need to make what's coming in two scenes a lot clearer as, perhaps, they might be a surprise even with the gate.

On the SP she's probs on firmer ground. There isn't really a gate on the SP other than "Look, you saw the first one so you -know- this is all going to be a bit rough and non-consent - and besides you're playing the bastard path so what do you expect?" type of expectation. So the stocks are fine, the chair is fine (ish) the lesbian scenes are fine - but....maybe the brazier scene does need to come out *is thinking*
Nope. Nope. Gates not strong enough? Beef them up. Or add another gate... "hmm, this gets pretty brutal, do I want to see the rest?"

Oh that? Oh no, that wasn't a sex scene. Her biggest concern/objection was to a joke believe it or not....
Oh, FFS. Unless you swooped in from left field with a racist joke that does nothing to tell us about the character telling it I don't see what the problem is. And really, that tells us everything we need to know about the character telling the joke (they're a racist cunt, fuck them, choose another LI).

Well you are gating stuff, so basically it is on people's own head if they see it or not. Now if you have doubts about your gating then you might wish to tweak it, but I would not advise to take any stuff out unless you are uncomfortable with it. If some stuff is really much worse though an extra gate within the book for that brazier scene could be wise or if does not make sense within the progression put it in chapter 5. Guess the same for the SP.
Again - stronger gates and/or more gates.

Agreed. I just need to make sure the gate is sufficient.
Aye, Captain!

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
But...

^^^THIS.

If so, you've got the fire brigade standing by right here. ;)

Nope. Nope. Gates not strong enough? Beef them up. Or add another gate... "hmm, this gets pretty brutal, do I want to see the rest?"

Oh, FFS. Unless you swooped in from left field with a racist joke that does nothing to tell us about the character telling it I don't see what the problem is. And really, that tells us everything we need to know about the character telling the joke (they're a racist cunt, fuck them, choose another LI).

Again - stronger gates and/or more gates.

Aye, Captain!
And to be honest.. I don't even see a problem with racist jokes. I regard them exactly the same as Jokes about Belgians.
Hmmm, wait, bad comparison since there aren't any jokes about Belgians, because they're all true..

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Fellow Dutchy spotted:p
You don't have to be Dutch. Everyone jokes about Belgian :p
In France, they're the butt of a lot of jokes involving intellectual simplicity. Same with blond jokes. And from what I gathered, the Belgian tell the exact same jokes about the French (plus the evident arrogance that's a common shared trait among my people :p).

The jokes Notty's talking about are not the same kind, though. I, for one, find them hilarious in their dark humorous tone. Very British, one would say. It's not like she wrote: "Oh, this guy is xxx, so he's a bastard like all of his kind".

Never forget the "joke" part. People nowadays only seem to focus on their wittle feelings getting hurt.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes