Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
I dunno, in France we make a LOT of jokes about belgians being super dumb, which I have no idea how it started. Guessing we got jealous their fries and beer taste better than ours...
I noticed jokes about Belgians are pretty universal. I heard them in all countries surrounding Belgium, including the UK and Luxembourg. Though the British do interchange some of the jokes with jokes about the Irish.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You don't have to be Dutch. Everyone jokes about Belgian :p
In France, they're the butt of a lot of jokes involving intellectual simplicity. Same with blond jokes. And from what I gathered, the Belgian tell the exact same jokes about the French (plus the evident arrogance that's a common shared trait among my people :p).

The jokes Notty's talking about are not the same kind, though. I, for one, find them hilarious in their dark humorous tone. Very British, one would say. It's not like she wrote: "Oh, this guy is xxx, so he's a bastard like all of his kind".

Never forget the "joke" part. People nowadays only seem to focus on their wittle feelings getting hurt.
Indeed, and Belgian jokes are the same over here. Impossible for me to judge that joke since did not see it yet, I hope to in game, so will take your word for it.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Indeed, and Belgian jokes are the same over here. Impossible for me to judge that joke since did not see it yet, I hope to in game, so will take your word for it.
The example I've got is tamer than some jokes in the "jokes" thread. I guess how some people could get offended, but the very one that could would not play the game anyway, so to me, that point is moot.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Is there anything the british don't make fun of though?
Yes, tea! Unless it's made poorly or French :devilish:
The example I've got is tamer than some jokes in the "jokes" thread. I guess how some people could get offended, but the very one that could would not play the game anyway, so to me, that point is moot.
The whole point of that jokes thread is to push the limits of decency though ;) especially that latest one!

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well I am not affronted that quicklyby a good joke, humor after all is allowed to be painful, see something from a different side and set you thinking as well.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Yes, tea! Unless it's made poorly or French :devilish:
Isn't that the same thing, tho? I mean, I like tea, but I usually just take those little tea powder packets and I have no ragret.

Well, when it comes to dark humor (dark humour/humour noir/zwarte humor/schwarzer Humor/humor negro), count me in.
Humour is like chocolate. All kinds are good, but the darker the better ;D

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Well as long as it does not get much worse as this very old one I will not mind, ofc normally it is embellished a lot more and it is translated from Dutch:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yup, that's a classic around here as well. We usually have "Toto jokes". They range from pretty childish to overly sexual/trashy.

Anyway, in the adult game market (or in life, actually), there are two kinds of people. Those with a loaded gun... Wait. I mean, those who can take challenging stories/jokes/events, and the entitled little bastards. Usually, entitled little bastards (known from there on as ELBs) are barely worth getting riled up about, since they're only good at one thing: complaining and not contributing in any meaningful way.

The ELBs are not who we make games for, and if their fragile little ego gets bruised because of a few jokes, just let them go. And nothing of value will be lost.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
You don't have to be Dutch. Everyone jokes about Belgian :p
We don't have any jokes about Belgians. But that's because there are Germans in the way, and only bigger nationalities further away get to be joked about.:)

The jokes Notty's talking about are not the same kind, though. I, for one, find them hilarious in their dark humorous tone. Very British, one would say. It's not like she wrote: "Oh, this guy is xxx, so he's a bastard like all of his kind".
You mean like Notty's jokes in general or you actually know the joke in question?:unsure:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yup, that's a classic around here as well. We usually have "Toto jokes". They range from pretty childish to overly sexual/trashy.

Anyway, in the adult game market (or in life, actually), there are two kinds of people. Those with a loaded gun... Wait. I mean, those who can take challenging stories/jokes/events, and the entitled little bastards. Usually, entitled little bastards (known from there on as ELBs) are barely worth getting riled up about, since they're only good at one thing: complaining and not contributing in any meaningful way.

The ELBs are not who we make games for, and if their fragile little ego gets bruised because of a few jokes, just let them go. And nothing of value will be lost.
Yeah our version are/were the Jantje jokes and they go from childish to pretty sick indeed. On ELB's I will just remain quiet, better :p

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
You mean like Notty's jokes in general or you actually know the joke in question?:unsure:
In this case, it's both. Notty's jokes, in general, are nothing but sweet tongue-in-cheek puns that only superior beings such as ourselves can comprehend, and for this one, I might have gotten a glimpse into Notty's private and very intimate writing.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Isn't that the same thing, tho? I mean, I like tea, but I usually just take those little tea powder packets and I have no ragret.

Humour is like chocolate. All kinds are good, but the darker the better ;D
French tea? Seriously? What's next, french Jaffa cakes?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They are not Jaffa Cakes, and McVities made a strawberry version, but not a raspberry version, yet! ;)

EDIT: There are many imitators, but there is only one true Jaffa Cake and it's made by McVities! :)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes