Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Don't Ensigns in sci-fi exist purely to die so the main characters don't have to?

I don't know about anyone else but when I used to watch old school Star Trek with my family I always knew who wasn't making it back on any given away team.

"Oooh, a red shirt, he dead as fuck".
Actually red shirts died only when there was a main cast member. And if we consider numbers alone, yellow shirtd died in greater numbers. But since all characters in h5 are main characters and possible love interest, all could die or no one will die

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Hrm....some of you are starting to get rather good at this. Certainly some of the points raised are correct....

Righties, after slogging away the news is that I could release Chapter Two this weekend. Except I'm not going to. Let me explain why and what I'm going to do.

Essentially, I made a mistake in using an asset for the accommodation scenes. The room used, after a lot of tweaking, does look great and on testing rendered at a reasonable rate. However, once I start dropping characters into it, it slows to a crawl. Especially, as I have the realism turned up to the max.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now on a lot of assets they have spines and bones so you can eliminate aspects of the room you don't need, which is my usual trick. In this case sadly the asset isn't designed like that. It's the whole room or nothing. My second go to of rendering the background and then adding overlays of the character on top in this instance just looks...wrong. Softening or blurring the images or trying depth of field adjustments still give a very fake look - which is what I'm not after at all. I also bought and tried Scene Optimiser, which although works on some aspects of the room makes other aspects of it look frankly quite terrible (I concede this may be due to my only just getting it and not having much time to learn the ropes of this particular script however).

And yet, if I ran a handful of more renders, I'd be finished so why no release?

In short because using this asset going forward just isn't sustainable. The accommodation scenes going forward will get a lot more complex, especially down some paths, and the continued use of this asset will slow further chapters to a crawl which isn't what any of us want.

I also don't really want to use one set of rooms for this Chapter and have Ophion station have a room makeover for the ones going forward as that would look, well, silly if nothing else.

However, what I have done is bought yet another set of assets. The new room is one I build in components and therefore is a lot more under my control allowing me to dispense with most of the set as I need for each scene. This, even with test characters in, has reduced the render time from 90 minutes to about 20.

So, I screwed up a little I'm afraid but have rectified my mistake. I'm telling you now in advance of the charge in case any of you wish to change your minds regards patronage before the February charge hits. The new release date, given I need to re-render four scenes will be the 9th February.

I can appreciate many of you will be disappointed by this news - which I totally share. I am, truly sorry but this is due to me trying to achieve the highest quality possible for you to enjoy. Oh...and me being a bit of a ditz of course...
You have no idea how much I wish I could afford to give you a video card. Not because I will be disappointed, but because I hate to see you being held back by technical limitations.
Notty, I apologise for the strong language. yet I honestly believe you are too harsh on yourself. what you lack in speed is compensated by the game's quality and your nice personality. i don't think any patreon would drop their pledges unless for a life-thretening emergency
Quality over quantity! Good things are worth waiting for.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Certainly glad my name isn't Johnny ...Sorry Johnny.
There are only two creatures worth sacrificing - mosquitoes and ticks.:cool:
Not fond of roaches or crickets either... :p
And Pigeons.

They are the rats of the sky and the constantly shit on my car. Doesn't matter where I park, it could be in my damn house I am almost certain a Pigeon would come in just to shit on my windscreen.
Aw, pidgin crap!
Are we excluding Ensigns all of a sudden?
As long as she doesn't wear a red shirt she ought to be fine...
Smoking and drinking are not imminent issues, but that shirt needs to be taken off quick!
YES! Immediately! For ...um, safety, yeah, that's it! :sneaky:
View attachment 235593

Kelly: She didn't mean it Sarah...

(Yes, I know its not my usual quality, but jokes get second tier priority :) )
Ohshit! :eek:

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Reactions: TheDevian

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017

I like to think I have an air of sophistication, that I can throw down the bants without resorting to perversions and sounding as thirsty as the boys here.

You are making it very hard for me Notty. If I had different equipment you would be making it very hard for me.

It's kinda hard for a lady to remain ladylike when thoughts like "damn, if she was real and I was single i'd be calling my clitoris a pizza and asking if she wants to eat in".

Nobody wants to hear that shit.
Sarah is a main character though, she can't die.

Unless it's for something important like saving a more attractive characters life like Annie for instance.

See Annie must live. At some point we get a fem MC and once i'm projecting myself in the game I can take Annie on a lovely date to see the scenery at clit lick city.

This is what happens when a sweet and innocent, delicate flower such as myself hangs around with pervs for too long, we start to talk like them.

Totally blaming you guys, I accept absolutely no responsibility for my own actions.
You may be a sweet and delicate flower but don't blame your thoughts on me! You were a perv long before we ever talked
Who me? No.

The player? Well....That's up to them, no? Remember if anything bad happens, it's down to you guys. Not me!
As long as you don't give us the "vyrmire" choice, you're off the hook
I see the usual suspects are still creeping around here. :LOL:
When I die I want someone to write on my epitaph " here lies a guy that never managed to blackmail Sarah"

Reactions: TheDevian

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
You wouldn't dare switching her blue dress for a red one, would you?!:oops:
Who me? Nah. No need.

She's in a world of trouble by the end of Chapter Two as it is! :)

Right, right...:sneaky: I don't believe it is the player who chooses what the girls wear though.
Actually...in two instances you do sorta get a choice. One is bloody hard to get tho. Like...very. Depends on what you do in Chapter Two...But it involves a trip down memory lane and a rather unusual discussion about...well that would be telling :)

Pretty sure MC is a red shirt. I was already killed already.

She is a smoker and drinker, the shirt is just hurrying her off the mortal coil a bit faster.
Wait until you've been drinking with her :)

You have no idea how much I wish I could afford to give you a video card. Not because I will be disappointed, but because I hate to see you being held back by technical limitations.
Quality over quantity! Good things are worth waiting for.
Certainly glad my name isn't Johnny ...Sorry Johnny.
Not fond of roaches or crickets either... :p
Aw, pidgin crap!
As long as she doesn't wear a red shirt she ought to be fine...
YES! Immediately! For ...um, safety, yeah, that's it! :sneaky:

Ohshit! :eek:
Too kind, but I shall keep cracking the whip on the render hamster and be a bit brighter going forward. :)

Look at my ensign the wrong way, punk! Go ahead, make my day!
View attachment 235633
Firearms...interesting. V. Interesting...

You may be a sweet and delicate flower but don't blame your thoughts on me! You were a perv long before we ever talked

As long as you don't give us the "vyrmire" choice, you're off the hook

When I die I want someone to write on my epitaph " here lies a guy that never managed to blackmail Sarah"
Wait until people start discussing that route. You may change your mind... Then again wait until people start discussing the fun route - they might change theirs too!

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes