Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
If you can "separate" the chapters well enough, between each you could throw a screen like that with the characters/places that may be involved.

Personal opinion though is the VR persons shouldn't be on a main loading screen, they should be on the VR equipment as a loading screen.

The explosion kind of looks bad, more like a tasty piece of food.

The two portions of planet ophion and ground ophion kind of clash a bit, so two different ones would be nice, one purely space and one purely ground.

I get where it is trying to go, just not my cup of tea (bitter water).
Ah well here we come down to pers pref a little. Ultimately it's better than what we have and, with the mighty power of paint.net, is the best I can do. :)

I will do something about the title words tho.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Personal opinion though is the VR persons shouldn't be on a main loading screen, they should be on the VR equipment as a loading screen.
I concur those and the SP may not be important for the main screen. Although they represent a significant part of the game, it's still a part that is very much optional and on the side of the story.

The two portions of planet ophion and ground ophion kind of clash a bit, so two different ones would be nice, one purely space and one purely ground.
IMO it rather nicely shows the setting of the game. One part in space and the other on the planet.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Ah well here we come down to pers pref a little. Ultimately it's better than what we have and, with the mighty power of paint.net, is the best I can do. :)

I will do something about the title words tho.
I can fully agree it is personal pref, and I don't expect movie poster/billboard level of loading screens.

Maybe it just feels like too much to me with everyone/thing/action smushed to the center.

As an aside, paint net? I forgot that existed. If you need something more powerful/free look into GIMP.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I can fully agree it is personal pref, and I don't expect movie poster/billboard level of loading screens.

Maybe it just feels like too much to me with everyone/thing/action smushed to the center.

As an aside, paint net? I forgot that existed. If you need something more powerful/free look into GIMP.
*nods nods*

Thanks. Gimp is on my list of things to learn at some point as well....paint.net does it's best but.....yeah.....

Oh. Meant to add. Obvs I want the remaster of One out this week so I can't really spend too much more on the title page for that reason to. I figured I could throw a day at it tho.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
If I could offer an idea.

I am not sure if you have played harem hotel. It has a rotating set of images as its main image. Might be something for heavy five. Especially if you could code to add more of them as you get further in the chapters. (example, images 1, 2, 3 rotate on chap one, on chap two you can get 1,2,3,4,5. etc.) Allows for a handful of interesting but pertinent renders attached to how deep the story is. Unsure what the code is for it though, so unsure if it is outside of your wheelhouse.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
*nods nods*

Thanks. Gimp is on my list of things to learn at some point as well....paint.net does it's best but.....yeah.....

Oh. Meant to add. Obvs I want the remaster of One out this week so I can't really spend too much more on the title page for that reason to. I figured I could throw a day at it tho.
Never could learn Gimp myself, and I'm a proud user of paint.net as well. It's not the best editing software, but it does the job.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
If I could offer an idea.

I am not sure if you have played harem hotel. It has a rotating set of images as its main image. Might be something for heavy five. Especially if you could code to add more of them as you get further in the chapters. (example, images 1, 2, 3 rotate on chap one, on chap two you can get 1,2,3,4,5. etc.) Allows for a handful of interesting but pertinent renders attached to how deep the story is. Unsure what the code is for it though, so unsure if it is outside of your wheelhouse.
You said the word code, so more than likely! :)

A rotating loadscreen? Obvs possible and in theory you'd just get renpy to do a random no. and off you go. Trouble is the load pages aren't in the script or screens pages so getting a little dark arts for me. But I'll have a peek. It would be nice to have a screen that runs with the chapter.

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As others have pointed out, the new loading screen is nice, very reminiscent of old James Bond or Action Sci-fi movies. It needs a little more contrast in the colours, though. And also

It would have been cool if you had kept the Killjoys reference, but used their new cartoony style

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Wearing black, floating head, star wars-esque. Welp we know she is evil now.
Except ...good guys wear black, they even made a movie about it.
New loading screen....

That is really nice! I like the minor characters in there, it might make people curious how they might fit into the story, and curious people are exactly the kind of people we want here, right? :p
Just one question though... Why is Thea on it? I thought she's dead? :unsure:;)
Well, she IS in the game, or why would we talk about her?
If dead people can't be in games, then my game is in deep shit! My cast list will take a huge hit! I men, Vampy is dead, and I don't see anyone saying she isn't in the game.

...that said, Thea does look kind of 'ghostly' in that picture, doesn't she?
It works a lot like Photoshop now, so skills are mainly interchangeable. Plus you know it is named GIMP and doing adult games, a match made in a BDSM club.
As someone who uses Photoshop (CS5), the new Gimp doesn't look anything like it to me. ;p But then, I have not had a lot of time to mess with it yet. Might be because I am not using their new live service version ...but then I also still use 'Paint', not 'Paint.net'. ;p

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
i love this game. specially chris.. femdom path:love::love:. next update?
Thank you :)

I'm so pleased you enjoyed my little efforts to entertain :)

As to your question...

The bad news however is that there will be a delay for Chapter Four. Although it's all done I'm currently going through a huge remaster of the earlier chapters (there's a few examples on the front page of some of the recent re-works) prior to to release as the graphical difference from when I started to now is just....huge.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Thank you :)

I'm so pleased you enjoyed my little efforts to entertain :)

As to your question...

The bad news however is that there will be a delay for Chapter Four. Although it's all done I'm currently going through a huge remaster of the earlier chapters (there's a few examples on the front page of some of the recent re-works) prior to to release as the graphical difference from when I started to now is just....huge.
Those text boxes sound like the five stages of accepting a new sexual fetish.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
That is really nice! I like the minor characters in there, it might make people curious how they might fit into the story, and curious people are exactly the kind of people we want here, right? :p
Yep yep. I mean you don't even see those guys unless you go down certain paths and so they're tweaked in just to prompt "how do I meet those?". After all this game has a lot of very different paths and it's entirely poss that some people just will miss it. Nothing wrong with that if that's their choice of course, but I'd hate them to miss it by not even knowing it was there in the first place :)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes