TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Aye. On this, it really only is render production that's the bind. But nothing more oomph can't solve tbh. So for once that the whole patron "support me to help me make my game" thingy is on the nail. It is bonkers trying to make this with what I have and I do need more kit but we're getting there y'know?

Four has around 800 renders which took around four weeks full max running of the hamster 24/7. (let's put aside the remaster for a mo). If say I need 1200 for Five (probs...) then the simple maths says that will take six weeks rendering. But that's on a 1060 card. The second slowest Nvidia card there is. So...assume I get a better card that increases the speed by say a third and....whaddya know. 1200 renders takes four weeks :)
On an unrelated note to the bs I'm spewing. I plan to do a couple of patreons next month. I can't do a lot but you're near the top of my least of people I wanna support. Just, I dunno, a word of encouragement, I guess.
Oh I don't blame you at all! Why do you think I decided to make a game :) I was as fed up with them as you.
Thanks this kinda means a lot to me.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
On an unrelated note to the bs I'm spewing. I plan to do a couple of patreons next month. I can't do a lot but you're near the top of my least of people I wanna support. Just, I dunno, a word of encouragement, I guess.

Thanks this kinda means a lot to me.
That is so very kind of you. I won't hold you to it, but any support is always most welcome. Even a $1 y'know? It all adds up at the end of the day. I throw patrons some odd little freebies in addition to the gubbins you get here btw. Usually, same plus as a rule but when time allows all sorts of weird things get dropped :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Me? Misdirect? Surely not...

*preens!*

Yeppers. Exactly. Exactly this. Your MC is a smart guy for sure (they don't give out double bars for no reason after all) but he doesn't, other than Kell, no anyone other than his interactions with them. You and him are learning as you go...

This is a fair point. One of the things I think we might be missing is a clock to give you an indication of time having passed. The scenes with Mike actually take up a huge chunk of the MC's day (after all he is there to fix the plant problem, no?) so that sense of how long things take might be missing.

But both of those scenes take place at the end of duty shifts really. So the choice I'm giving the player is "what does he do when he knocks off?" and remember everyone else will be finishing up too. Partly this is why you can't do both. It's my feeble attempt at reflecting that at the end of the working day the girls aren't just going to be hanging around. They have things to do to. So...who do you catch?

As to not chosing to go see Kelly, I had a number of things in mind as to why that would be a rationale choice. Mainly as Kell is a big girl (and is also a fellow officer). Her fights aren't yours (literally in this case!) and so she's made her bed she can lie in it, y'know? Actions have consequences etc and it's not as those she would come to any real harm now is it? After all it's just a friendly bout...

Of course there is also the more cackly side of me that enjoys making you chose your path....
Fair enough explanation and besides it would also add extra renders and coding. Still most big brothers are slightly protective whether their sisters, nieces and such are competent and can take care of themselves or not. Especially when asked though to be there by your little sis you have not seen for a long time, it would not make much sense not to go considering she is the one person you have a real loyalty to normally since they seem to have a normal relationship (the bear story is a big clue for that).

Looking at it from the other side I would be kinda surprised if a woman I met just the day before would spend the evening with me, if I would know her little brother had asked her to come see him at his school play or wrestling match:p Now that is no reason not to at least excuse yourself while knowing someone might be expecting you for a visit. :p This is most likely more on me though and likely says more about me. :p Well it is as it is and like I said your reasons are fair enough, just hope we can say sorry in chapter 4.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Especially when asked though to be there by your little sis you have not seen for a long time, it would not make much sense not to go considering she is the one person you have a real loyalty to normally since they seem to have a normal relationship (the bear story is a big clue for that).
Totally. It's certainly the expected decision.

Of course the MC and Chris might not be getting along at this point and he might decide not to go just because he can't stand the sight of the woman too of course :) Partly my rationale for having the drinks invite as part of the "booby trap" scene.

But...I just give the player options. What happens is nothing to do with me. :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Of course the MC and Chris might not be getting along at this point and he might decide not to go just because he can't stand the sight of the woman too of course :) Partly my rationale for having the drinks invite as part of the "booby trap" scene.

Lol especially if I could not stand or would not trust Chris, i would be there for 100% for sure. :ROFLMAO:

Some times I miss the old days when that was common, meet someone, have them in bed that night... :sneaky:

That can still happen if you wish though, depends on the women you are dating. :ROFLMAO: Somehow experienced ladies with a history of a number of past relations, sometimes are not as shy anymore.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Oh aye. But....they're not easy paths. In one case, I would say it was a very difficult path indeed...
I'm just glad "relationships" aren't just an afterthought to a more "important" story or that it isn't just mindless smut either.

H5 strikes a great balance of a serious tone I find engaging without being depressing or scary so I want to keep going. Every new discovery is exciting. That's rare, usually my favorite games are pretty goofy and I have to turn on my suspension of disbelief pretty high.
Whole lot of lovin' goin' on...
Alass, ours is a forbidden love. It's just not meant to be.
Of course bad guys have more fun, it's in the bylaws.
No, fuck that. Heroes can have disgusting, unholy sex too. Damnit.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

Or he just can't wait to see Annie again after working all day with Mike.

Kelly was doomed to lose anyway, so going to cheer on her wouldn't really change anything, and just watching her pride get hurt wouldn't as a loving brother please me. I also didn't feel the need to prove that I care about her, siblings tend to know that. Besides, it wasn't a match for Ophion Station championship, it was something personal between them, so I didn't see the need to interfere.

Likewise, I don't need Kelly to attend my match with Chris. In fact, I might even prefer her not attending (family honor has suffered enough!:D). This is a different playthrough though as I won't have a match on my prime.

Well, that was my rationale anyway. It didn't really take Chris into account, though knowing that Chris was busy over there, while Annie was elsewhere, was a plus.;)

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I still have a feeling that might not be too much of an issue, but what do I know?

Only anti-heroes, otherwise it's only holy sex for you! :p
I want to believe that's not true. I wanna save the day and drill the bae. So to speak. I wanna live in a world where a gentle caring guy like me can tie up a slut and play with her body all day, too.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Lol especially if I could not stand or would not trust Chris, i would be there for 100% for sure. :ROFLMAO:

Some times I miss the old days when that was common, meet someone, have them in bed that night... :sneaky:

That can still happen if you wish though, depends on the women you are dating. :ROFLMAO: Somehow experienced ladies with a history of a number of past relations, sometimes are not as shy anymore.
Or he just can't wait to see Annie again after working all day with Mike.

Kelly was doomed to lose anyway, so going to cheer on her wouldn't really change anything, and just watching her pride get hurt wouldn't as a loving brother please me. I also didn't feel the need to prove that I care about her, siblings tend to know that. Besides, it wasn't a match for Ophion Station championship, it was something personal between them, so I didn't see the need to interfere.

Likewise, I don't need Kelly to attend my match with Chris. In fact, I might even prefer her not attending (family honor has suffered enough!:D). This is a different playthrough though as I won't have a match on my prime.

Well, that was my rationale anyway. It didn't really take Chris into account, though knowing that Chris was busy over there, while Annie was elsewhere, was a plus.;)
That's the beauty of it isn't it? You decide what you want to do based on how you think/feel/behave. :) Both make sense to me. Hence why......*drum roll*...I just give you options what to do :)

I'm just glad "relationships" aren't just an afterthought to a more "important" story or that it isn't just mindless smut either.
No the relationships and story are -very- linked. That doesn't mean those relationships have to turn sexual of course. That's player choice. No forced boffing.

Of course having things like VR and the SP means I can go absolutely batshit crazy sex wise without it derailing the main story whatsever which is a plus :)
H5 strikes a great balance of a serious tone I find engaging without being depressing or scary so I want to keep going. Every new discovery is exciting. That's rare, usually my favorite games are pretty goofy and I have to turn on my suspension of disbelief pretty high.
Thank you :)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I want to believe that's not true. I wanna save the day and drill the bae. So to speak. I wanna live in a world where a gentle caring guy like me can tie up a slut and play with her body all day, too.
While ACIO, it does call for an alignment roll if you are playing lawful... Try neutral good, sounds more like what you want. :devilish:

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
That's the beauty of it isn't it? You decide what you want to do based on how you think/feel/behave. :) Both make sense to me. Hence why......*drum roll*...I just give you options what to do :)

No the relationships and story are -very- linked. That doesn't mean those relationships have to turn sexual of course. That's player choice. No forced boffing.

Of course having things like VR and the SP means I can go absolutely batshit crazy sex wise without it derailing the main story whatsever which is a plus :)

Thank you :)
Yeah I put relationships in quotes because there's the sexual aspect but I also mean all kinds of relationships you may have. But like, you know, sex is kinda the big one. (that's what she said)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes