DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
All I'm hoping for is that I can be a goody good hero guy and still get my noodle wet. And like maybe that the game doesn't make me feel bad about myself.

Is it too much to ask? Maybe.
The good guy, lighthearted romp with Sarah might be one of the safer paths in that case and not being to professional, trust amanda and support her. Don't blame me though if my current assumptions are all wrong:p I am kinda missing a lot of information still:p

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
That was the one bit weird thing that that you could not go to the fight and still meet up with Sarah or Annie. It would not make sense for a brother not to go watch that fight even while pursuing either of those two.
Good point. It does seem odd for these options to be mutually exclusive.:) I see no reason not to go watch the bout, check on the Vanguard repairs, and visit Trisha in one afternoon.:)

Last edited:

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
The good guy, lighthearted romp with Sarah might be one of the safer paths in that case and not being to professional, trust amanda and support her. Don't blame me though if my current assumptions are all wrong:p I am kinda missing a lot of information still:p
I do like Sarah and all. I don't know if what's going on with the VR shit is entirely up my alley but eh. Small bananas I guess. Plus I feel like even that could go so many different ways.

Kinda expecting it to have a lot of brancing paths actually. But then I'm afraid of notty overworking herself to please everyone.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Yeah quite sure that most of us will run into few of them, both positive and negative. As you yourself already stated we are quite easily distracted and you are also pretty good at misdirection and tempting. :p No worries about that last, I know you are quite busy cackling over the fate of our poor souls while gleefully setting up your traps and temptations. :p
Me? Misdirect? Surely not...

Yeah I still have to do my canon playthrough and write it out, just that bloody woman who shall remain unnamed makes it to hard to choose.:p
*preens!*

.......Remember in a way as theMC we are more or less an interloper that is dropped into a situation that is lot more complex as he can know and dealing with people he has no history or relation with while they have those relations and history together. Whether they are the girls of the vanny or the people on the station and then there is suddenly one tie and normally quite strong loyalty there in the shape of Kelly.
Yeppers. Exactly. Exactly this. Your MC is a smart guy for sure (they don't give out double bars for no reason after all) but he doesn't, other than Kell, no anyone other than his interactions with them. You and him are learning as you go...

That was the one bit weird thing that that you could not go to the fight and still meet up with Sarah or Annie. It would not make sense for a brother not to go watch that fight even while pursuing either of those two. Kinda would have made sense to at least excuse yourself or even bring one of them along:p
This is a fair point. One of the things I think we might be missing is a clock to give you an indication of time having passed. The scenes with Mike actually take up a huge chunk of the MC's day (after all he is there to fix the plant problem, no?) so that sense of how long things take might be missing.

But both of those scenes take place at the end of duty shifts really. So the choice I'm giving the player is "what does he do when he knocks off?" and remember everyone else will be finishing up too. Partly this is why you can't do both. It's my feeble attempt at reflecting that at the end of the working day the girls aren't just going to be hanging around. They have things to do to. So...who do you catch?

As to not chosing to go see Kelly, I had a number of things in mind as to why that would be a rationale choice. Mainly as Kell is a big girl (and is also a fellow officer). Her fights aren't yours (literally in this case!) and so she's made her bed she can lie in it, y'know? Actions have consequences etc and it's not as those she would come to any real harm now is it? After all it's just a friendly bout...

Of course there is also the more cackly side of me that enjoys making you chose your path....

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I do like Sarah and all. I don't know if what's going on with the VR shit is entirely up my alley but eh. Small bananas I guess. Plus I feel like even that could go so many different ways.

Kinda expecting it to have a lot of brancing paths actually. But then I'm afraid of notty overworking herself to please everyone.
Well that is a slight worry we all have, Notty included. She is not adamant without a reason she needs a new comp for chapter 5 :ROFLMAO: She already said though the VR can have some pretty serious shit depending on your choices that will be not pc, but you will be able to be a good guy as well and miss all that darker content. It will be gated through Vampy, just be careful how far you will let Vampy tempt you to go.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I don't want "some" love, I want lots. I'm a big guy I need big attention.
Still, I see no reason why you cannot be a competent lieutenant and still go the nice route and have a with almost all the girls.

I'll suppose that some of them (Kelly, for example) are really impossible to shag without treading a certain path, but there's no way our smutty Nottress would leave you hanging just for wanting to be a good guy.

Although I'd surmise that bad guys might have more fun, if you're into that :unsure:

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Still, I see no reason why you cannot be a competent lieutenant and still go the nice route and have a with almost all the girls.

I'll suppose that some of them (Kelly, for example) are really impossible to shag without treading a certain path, but there's no way our smutty Nottress would leave you hanging just for wanting to be a good guy.

Although I'd surmise than bad guys might have more fun, if you're into that :unsure:
I'm used to games "teasing" more than delivering. And I'm used to games "rewarding" dickhead behaviour, or it being the only path.

I dunno maybe my expectations are clouded by cynicism a bit.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
116! :D The VR stuff is an interesting one tho.

As far as RL Sarah is concerned she doesn't really care what happens in VR. It's a game after all. What's important to her is that someone is willing to play her games with her :)

As to VR, it's as kinky as a kinky thing full of kinks. Or can be.
She already said though the VR can have some pretty serious shit depending on your choices that will be not pc, but you will be able to be a good guy as well and miss all that darker content. It will be gated through Vamy, just be careful how far you will let Vampy tempt you to go.
Yeppers. Vampy is there to keep you safe. You won't see anything you don't choose to.

Good point. It does seem odd for these options to be mutually exclusive.:) I see no reason not to go watch the bout, check on the Vanguard repairs, and visit Trisha in one afternoon.:)
*points up* ;)

Of course you do get another chance to see Trisha as she tends to work late - and also isn't covered in "goop"...

Do not fret, friend, our beloved Notty assured that there will be ways to be a nice guy and still get some love :)
Oh totally. Some serious nice romance stuff down the line. Hell, you can even get engaged down some of the paths :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
But both of those scenes take place at the end of duty shifts really. So the choice I'm giving the player is "what does he do when he knocks off?" and remember everyone else will be finishing up too. Partly this is why you can't do both. It's my feeble attempt at reflecting that at the end of the working day the girls aren't just going to be hanging around. They have things to do to. So...who do you catch?
Good explanation. Somehow it felt it's earlier to me.:)

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
As far as RL Sarah is concerned she doesn't really care what happens in VR. It's a game after all. What's important to her is that someone is willing to play her games with her :)
Sounds like this has a double meaning. I wouldn't mind if it had. I'm willing to ... play games with Sarah. For the record, I don't mind it getting filthy kinky either. I may like romance and happy stories but I also like sex. Even stuff that don't arouse me I can deal with. As long as it's not depressing I'm probably willing to try with the right person.
Can you blame me though? Look at most the games on this site, man.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well that is a slight worry we all have, Notty included. She is not adamant without a reason she needs a new comp for chapter 5 :ROFLMAO:
Aye. On this, it really only is render production that's the bind. But nothing more oomph can't solve tbh. So for once that the whole patron "support me to help me make my game" thingy is on the nail. It is bonkers trying to make this with what I have and I do need more kit but we're getting there y'know?

Four has around 800 renders which took around four weeks full max running of the hamster 24/7. (let's put aside the remaster for a mo). If say I need 1200 for Five (probs...) then the simple maths says that will take six weeks rendering. But that's on a 1060 card. The second slowest Nvidia card there is. So...assume I get a better card that increases the speed by say a third and....whaddya know. 1200 renders takes four weeks :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
She already said though the VR can have some pretty serious shit depending on your choices that will be not pc, but you will be able to be a good guy as well and miss all that darker content. It will be gated through Vampy, just be careful how far you will let Vampy tempt you to go.
You can also choose to omit the VR game completely and still progress with Sarah other choices depending. :)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes