Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Except for some kick-ass renders that do nothing but continue to hype me up for the remaster+Ch.4 and make me want them last week. :love:

I am sorry about the delay for Four but I hope you can understand why I have to do the remaster, yes? The difference is just absolutely staggering.

I'll be honest, I've surprised myself on a few of them.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Extreme prejudice...
Mike should start worrying...

Pyramids by Terry Pratchett:

'I know what Terminate with Extreme Prejudice means,' said Cheesewright loftily. 'It means to inhume with an axe.
'It bloody well doesn't,' said Chidder.
'How do you know, then?'
'My family have been in commerce for years,' said Chidder.
'Huh,' said Cheesewright. 'Commerce.'
Chidder never went into details about what kind of commerce it was. It had something to do with moving items around and supplying needs, but exactly what items and which needs was never made clear.

After hitting Cheesewright he explained carefully that Terminate with Extreme Prejudice did not simply require that the victim was inhumed, preferably in an extremely thorough way, but that his associates and employees were also intimately involved, along with the business premises, the building, and a large part of the surrounding neighbourhood, so that everyone involved would know that the man had been unwise enough to make the kind of enemies who could get very angry and indiscriminate.

Freezer14

Dec 10, 2017

I am sorry about the delay for Four but I hope you can understand why I have to do the remaster, yes? The difference is just absolutely staggering.

I'll be honest, I've surprised myself on a few of them.
Oh, I completely understand. At first, when I saw that four was being delayed, I was disappointed, but having seen why, and what's coming out of that delay, I can't be less than ecstatic for it, and I'm sure most everyone else agrees. The remastered renders look incredible. I completely understand the urge to do it, and I've definitely been swayed to the side of "it's the right decision". Keep after it!

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Oh, I completely understand. At first, when I saw that four was being delayed, I was disappointed, but having seen why, and what's coming out of that delay, I can't be less than ecstatic for it, and I'm sure most everyone else agrees. The remastered renders look incredible. I completely understand the urge to do it, and I've definitely been swayed to the side of "it's the right decision". Keep after it!
Thank you :)

It's a shit ton of boring work tbh but....fuck, it does look so much better! *laughs*. But, pinky swear promise, no more remastering after this lot even if I get better still. For one, I'd totes die of boredom! But for two, I really now want to push on with the writing and seeing you guys play in my world - that is, after all, where the fun comes from for me.

Freezer14

Dec 10, 2017
Thank you :)

It's a shit ton of boring work tbh but....fuck, it does look so much better! *laughs*. But, pinky swear promise, no more remastering after this lot even if I get better still. For one, I'd totes die of boredom! But for two, I really now want to push on with the writing and seeing you guys play in my world - that is, after all, where the fun comes from for me.
As much as I'd like to hold you to that promise, in the end, it will always be your call. But if it leads to such visible improvement as this, I'll patiently await it. Though, I'm not sure how it can get much better than what you've been showing us lately. Where you're and your renders are at right now is, truly, among some of the best work I've seen on here, and I'm always impressed by how good these previews you're giving us look. I can't wait for the next and future installments of H5.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
As much as I'd like to hold you to that promise, in the end, it will always be your call. But if it leads to such visible improvement as this, I'll patiently await it. Though, I'm not sure how it can get much better than what you've been showing us lately. Where you're and your renders are at right now is, truly, among some of the best work I've seen on here, and I'm always impressed by how good these previews you're giving us look. I can't wait for the next and future installments of H5.
giphy.gif

Far, far, far too kind. :) I'm a newbie dev with a cross between a potato and an etch-a-sketch for a rig :) But, fuck it, I'll take that compliment! :D

The good news is I'm happy I have all the scenes sorted so it's just waiting for the renders to pop out now and I'll be as quick as I, and the hamster, can possibly be. If only because I want to hear what peeps think as the remaster chapters start coming out. I'll be popping them up on here (well, except Four of course!*) as they finish.

*yeah, I know Four will be on here too in an hour of me posting it :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Got bored so decided to practice night scenes for later.

For some reason Becca is holding onto a tree looking wistful...

View attachment 412260
Renders both look amazing, but except for the clouds looking great you do catch and set a mood here, great work.

Well seeing how far she has improved and partly that is the increased memory ofc allowing her to do more as she technically could, part is also just her getting better at her craft. I would be surprised if she would not be able to improve lots still. Maybe not so much technical maybe, though no bets on that when she gets a better comp:p, but look at the render above she is also improving in setting moods and such.

Freezer14

Dec 10, 2017
Renders both look amazing, but except for the clouds looking great you do catch and set a mood here, great work.

Well seeing how far she has improved and partly that is the increased memory ofc allowing her to do more as she technically could, part is also just her getting better at her craft. I would be surprised if she would not be able to improve lots still. Maybe not so much technical maybe, though no bets on that when she gets a better comp:p, but look at the render above she is also improving in setting moods and such.
I know, I just meant that from an absolute outsider's perspective, I just have no idea how far things like that can go, considering the level that we're seeing now. I'll admit, I haven't the slightest idea of what can be done with DAZ and whatnot beyond what I see on the forum and in games, but it just amazes me how people seem to just get better and better, new equipment, or not. I've learned never to doubt the passionate and determined when it comes to this, but I see some of these renders, and I just find it almost impossible to believe that they can get better. Until they do. That's likely just due to me not being able to tell my head from my ass when it comes to this type of thing.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes