Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Well seeing how far she has improved and partly that is the increased memory ofc allowing her to do more as she technically could, part is also just her getting better at her craft.
Certainly the experience I've gained is a big plus (oddly enough I think being stuck in a hotel room for near a month watching films might also have helped with framing) but the biggie has been the memory. A 2GB card was just too limiting really and it didn't have enough cores/oomph to be able to handle complex lighting.

But it is an interesting thought of what will I be able to do when I move up from the 6GB 1060? For H5 I'll probs settle for just rendering faster if I'm honest (although might go to town on side things like VR and the SP) but the next game....well, all bets are off :)

I haven't the slightest idea of what can be done with DAZ
*invites him to her club* ;)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I know, I just meant that from an absolute outsider's perspective, I just have no idea how far things like that can go, considering the level that we're seeing now. I'll admit, I haven't the slightest idea of what can be done with DAZ and whatnot beyond what I see on the forum and in games, but it just amazes me how people seem to just get better and better, new equipment, or not. I've learned never to doubt the passionate and determined when it comes to this, but I see some of these renders, and I just find it almost impossible to believe that they can get better. Until they do. That's likely just due to me not being able to tell my head from my ass when it comes to this type of thing.
For Daz it comes down to two things. Memory and core power. The former determines how complex the scene can get, whilst the latter is what governs the speed. Oh, and there is having the eye and the imagination of course for what you want to see :)

But with Daz, in all honesty, you can go totally photo-realistic. Utterly. *has a render to prove it too*. But the powah needed is bonkers. Time and speed comparisons from me is probs pointless given what rig I have but, for example, a photo realistic render took me about twelve hours running. My current renders, the remasters you're seeing, take an hour.

So....oomph, plus effort and patience of course, determines what you can make as an image. A better rig -should- produce better renders, providing you know what you want it to produce.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Certainly the experience I've gained is a big plus (oddly enough I think being stuck in a hotel room for near a month watching films might also have helped with framing) but the biggie has been the memory. A 2GB card was just too limiting really and it didn't have enough cores/oomph to be able to handle complex lighting.

But it is an interesting thought of what will I be able to do when I move up from the 6GB 1060? For H5 I'll probs settle for just rendering faster if I'm honest (although might go to town on side things like VR and the SP) but the next game....well, all bets are off :)

*invites him to her club* ;)
Yeah it might be wise to have a thought, when you have a new comp and see what you can do on that, about the quality you would want to add to H5 to keep it one game or you might need to do another remaster in time. Things like adding selective animations and such might be an option though while keeping the development timeframe you wish to accomplish. Impossible to say now though before you have that comp and start playing with it. :p

Edit: Akamari What I mean it might make it possible for Notty to do that Boob off between Kelly and Sarah with wet t-shirts and water droplets cascading down their cleavages within a reasonable amount of time and stay within the current style frame and quality she set for H5 with this remaster. She could also decide to make her renders even more realistic so at end the later chapters again would jar with the earlier chapters at least in her opinion. .

Last edited:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Yeah it might be wise to have a thought, when you have a new comp and see what you can do on that, about the quality you would want to add to H5 to keep it one game or you might need to do another remaster in time. Things like adding selective animations and such might be an option though while keeping the development timeframe you wish to accomplish. Impossible to say now though before you have that comp and start playing with it. :p

Edit: Akamari What I mean it might make it possible for Notty to do that Boob off between Kelly and Sarah with wet t-shirts and water droplets cascading down their cleavages within a reasonable amount of time and stay within the current style frame and quality she set for H5 with this remaster. She could also decide to make her renders even more realistic so at end the later chapters again would jar with the earlier chapters at least in her opinion. .
*nods nods*

I think if anything it would be "keep the same quality and add animations" rather than up the quality again for H5 for, as you rightly say, that would give us the same dis-jointedness that's led to this remaster and, to be totally honest, I don't think I could face doing these renders a third time! :D

And you may have noticed I've been working on water droplets... ;)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
You had my attention, now you have my concupiscence :p
Every time I see the first part of that, it reminds me of a story I wrote, when a girl misunderstood the word 'concubine' as 'concupine', and figured the quills were symbolic, meant to defend her charge. I thought it was cute and it became a running gag for a while.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
My advice would be wait until you have your new comp and can see how fast you can do them and how much they would add:p You are free to do as you choose though. Not like I could stop you anyway. :p Hides ciggy and jaffa cakes around your room with little hints where they are to distract you. :p
Jaffa cakes? *goes looks*

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes