Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Haha, I guess not. I think you both have very good "pace" respective of the story, so take that as a compliment. ;)
Trisha looks wonderful indeed in her new render and may well love her when more of her personality gets a chance to shine through. Besides nothing bad about being a little crazy ..... :p

Well if I remember right that was already true after chapter 2, I do prefer your pace setting personally. :p You already showed there that you can do sex scenes and do not shy away from having one of your main girls in a serious sexy situation, even if you get disturbed.
Oh aye. For clarity (and remember I'm tired and out of Jaffa cakes so might not be as clear as I usually am - not I often am of course). Hopes and Philly are really the only two games I compare myself against. Obvs I'm nowhere near them graphics wise but that's more due to hardware limitations on my side I think, especially after pushing myself on the remaster and seeing what I can do. But with respect to writing and plotting etc I like to think we're the top three.

Now that is of course a matter of taste etc to an extent. People may well prefer other more simple games and that's fine. But from a technical perspective of quality narrative and dialogue - even if you don't like it - no one can say we're bad writers. Indeed we're the best.

But I digress. Obvs I have a slight advantage over Hopes re the story in that I've cheated :) My main story is equally slow paced re the smut and, indeed, that is how it should be. Not as a mechanism to force you to grind, or wash solar panels etc but because that's how our stories are. But of course, as I say I've cheated, I have VR and SP..... All the smut I can think of with no consequences to the main storyline.

Lesbian gang rape? Yup - slap it in! Forced anal bondage sex? Got it! etc etc etc...

With no story line impact. :)

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Blind luck and stabbing at things? Sorry, no simple answer.

It depends on the skin map. If the skin map is good then play with the BMP and the translucency or glossy.

If the skin map is crap....then you can try Skin Builder or Anagenesis2. The latter is better - if it works. On some models it totes freaks out and makes them look glossy or adds red hues.

As an example for Sarah I tried three different maps, Skin Builder and Anagenesis2 - and had to play around with the settings on all of them. My problem of course was harder in that I had to make the same character but better so I was very constrained. If I was starting with a blank sheet it would be easier of course.
Thanks! Anagenesis2 has been on my Wish List for ages already. I think I'll promote it to my Prio Wishlist. I already have Skinbuilder (both 3 and 8, I know, I know, that wasn't necessary since G3F and G8F have practically identical skins anyway), just didn't really try it out yet. (I primarily got those for creating alien skins)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Thanks! Anagenesis2 has been on my Wish List for ages already. I think I'll promote it to my Prio Wishlist. I already have Skinbuilder (both 3 and 8, I know, I know, that wasn't necessary since G3F and G8F have practically identical skins anyway), just didn't really try it out yet. (I primarily got those for creating alien skins)
Np. As I say be wary of Anagenesis2. It can give fantastic results - but also awful ones.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Obvs I'm nowhere near them graphics wise but that's more due to hardware limitations on my side I think, especially after pushing myself on the remaster and seeing what I can do.
You are much closer than you think now.:) Subjectively speaking, I even kinda prefer your graphics, because I'm not a big fan of various blurrying effects, like depth of field. Sometimes they can improve the picture, yes, but in many cases it feels like too much.

I prefer to choose what I focus on myself, rather then have it decided by the developer. It's more immersive when the render actually does not look like a photograph. At least when it's in first person view.

But with respect to writing and plotting etc I like to think we're the top three.
Totally agree on that! You're still better than them though.:)

But of course, as I say I've cheated, I have VR and SP.....
And alcohol. ;)

With no story line impact. :)
But aye, I wouldn't call it cheating though. Rather thinking outside the box.:)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
because I'm not a big fan of various blurrying effects, like depth of field.
I shy away from DoF largely as I have so many background things I want you to see - plus I just know I would forget to apply it it half the time. I have enough probs kicking out renders without having to redo a load 'cos I forget a toggle :)

But aye, I wouldn't call it cheating though. Rather thinking outside the box.:)
Well there was the realisation that a lot of the sex was back loaded towards the middle and end of the game and I thought I'd lose interest. So.....since the SP and VR were always canon I just exploited the opportunity :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*cackles wildly*
Trisha looks wonderful indeed in her new render and may well love her when more of her personality gets a chance to shine through. Besides nothing bad about being a little crazy ..... :p
Thankees :)

Well if I remember right that was already true after chapter 2, I do prefer your pace setting personally. :p You already showed there that you can do sex scenes and do not shy away from having one of your main girls in a serious sexy situation, even if you get disturbed.
*cracks knuckles*

I'm going to make that scene so much better. Just wait! :)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Blind luck and stabbing at things? Sorry, no simple answer.

It depends on the skin map. If the skin map is good then play with the BMP and the translucency or glossy.

If the skin map is crap....then you can try Skin Builder or Anagenesis2. The latter is better - if it works. On some models it totes freaks out and makes them look glossy or adds red hues.

As an example for Sarah I tried three different maps, Skin Builder and Anagenesis2 - and had to play around with the settings on all of them. My problem of course was harder in that I had to make the same character but better so I was very constrained. If I was starting with a blank sheet it would be easier of course.
Mostly I edit mine in photoshop, I like having more or less full control, but it can also be a big pita. I got one skin that I was editing that was just way over textured, and I had to rework the whole normal map. The HD nipples still screwed up the areola, but I I will fix that later. Luckily, minor character. XD
If you look closely, you can easily see where the one ends and the other starts.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
You are much closer than you think now.:)
I wholeheartedly agree! Graphisms aren't only oomph-related. Composition, lighting and an eye for details are much more important and greater marks of competence than being able to load lots of shaders and have them rendered on a beast of a computer. And in that respect, Notty has nothing more to prove :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Obvs I'm nowhere near them graphics wise but that's more due to hardware limitations on my side I think, especially after pushing myself on the remaster and seeing what I can do. But with respect to writing and plotting etc I like to think we're the top three.
Well even if you may sell yourself short graphics wise, you for sure sell yourself short as a writer. Though I love phillies work in its totallity, you def are a better writer as him in my opinion and I even think he would agree. Not for nothing he added Burt to his team. Can't talk about Hope since still waiting to try his game and will be waiting a bit longer for my own reasons, but very few here come close to you.

I'm going to make that scene so much better. Just wait! :)
Looking forward to it, guess I will have to convince myself that despite the amount she drank, she is still able to make informed decisions or that I having drunk as much are just as drunk and have the same right to make a possibly bad decision as Annie has. :p

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes