Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I think I might have identified what was throwing me off about the new Sarah render. What do you guys think?

New Sarah
429399_hi.png
My little crude edit of it
429399_hi_testedit.png
It's crazy, but this is all it takes for me to identify this young ensign as Sarah.:)

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Allow me to illustrate my point further. This is my fav remastered render of classic Sarah.
412839_test8_2.png
Now, look closely at her lips. One thing they always did well was light reflection. If you zoom in to pixels, you'll see it's different shades of pink. Now, with the new Sarah there is a very bright white spot. Unappealing IMO. It throws me off, because that never happened with the OG Sarah.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Allow me to illustrate my point further. This is my fav remastered render of classic Sarah.
View attachment 415937
Now, look closely at her lips. One thing they always did well was light reflection. If you zoom in to pixels, you'll see it's different shades of pink. Now, with the new Sarah there is very pure white spot. Unappealing IMO. It's totally off, because that never happened with the OG Sarah.
I would go as far as saying that if this is the only issue with the remaster, then it's a success. I, for one, don't mind the white spot on Sarah's lips (no sexy innuendo intended).

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
View attachment 415937
Now, look closely at her lips. One thing they always did well was light reflection. If you zoom in to pixels, you'll see it's different shades of pink. Now, with the new Sarah there is a very bright white spot. Unappealing IMO. It throws me off, because that never happened with the OG Sarah.
Oh ok now that you explain it I see it. It is distracting, for sure.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes