DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
View attachment 416623

Classic pose, new skin.
Still very much tempted to brush those lips a bit with mine. :p Squeezing is at your own risk Thea.

With a lot of watery rain I suppose? :p

Are you guys, like, gonna kiss or something? I mean I don't have a problem with it. Just wanna know if I'm the third wheel here.
let them have their Bromance, they will not love you any less for that. :p

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
So it is sausage party time (again)? :p:p

View attachment 416623

Classic pose, new skin.
Really nice seeing all the small pores on her face.
I didn't know Notty was female when I first commented and I gotta say it's refreshing to see a woman in what I would assume is a man driven field of work. I'm curious to see what a female sensibility bring to the table, especially storywise (I expect strong female characters such as Ellen Ripley, Sarah Connor and Kathryn Janeway to name a few).
I suppose Chris can fit on Sarah Connor's shoes.:unsure:

Freezer14

Dec 10, 2017
*sings*

Rollin', rollin', rollin';
Keep those hamsters rollin;
etc

View attachment 415594

Orig
View attachment 415577
I know I'm late to the party and just echoing the praise at this point, but it's absolutely, totally worth it. The difference is definitely noticeable in the best way, and I just love how Rah-Rah looks remastered here. Same with Chris in the more recently posted ones (that black and white, though). Once again, I can't wait to see what's yet to come.

And I love that specific hairstyle on Sarah. There's just something about that look, that hair behind the one ear, that's really doing it for me.... I'll be in my bunk.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Models yes, characters no.

For example, if you copy a model for parody purposes it's fine as long as the identity of the character is your own creation. In other words change the name or some other defining attribute. Y'know something that parodies often tend to do.

But if you suggest that character is the very same, then I don't approve, unless you have permission or, better yet, a collaboration of sorts with the original author. This particularly applies if said character actually plays a role and has lines within your story.

Personally, I wouldn't like any of my characters to appear as cameos in someone else's story, unless the dev approaches me about permission, approval of what happens with those characters, and writing lines for them if they have any. :)
It depends on how you do it, and what not. For example, I asked Notty if she mind me using H5 as a TV show (like Star Trek) in my game, but I won't bother to ask to use the cast of Big Brother as background characters, playing off the ending where Eric gets sold as a sex slave. My Sister My Roommate also used that Eric, as did Notty (or she joked about it, I never got that ending so can't confirm), some characters are infamous enough to get away with that, (and since he abandoned his game he has no right to say shit).

But as someone who has spent decades in the fan fic circles (reading and writing) and who loves parody games like Four Elements Trainer, Rick & Morty, Amity Park, and all that stuff, all I can say is that it depends on how you do it. It can be done well, and it can be done badly, and both of those things are subject to the eye of the beholder.
Btw it just occured to me, doesn't most strong female characters come from the sci-fi genre ? (maybe it's confirmation bias)
While there are are some in fantasy as well, with scifi, it is much easier to set up a situation where equality is more even, and things are more balanced.
I fully expect to see Jaffa Cakes hidden in the background now :ROFLMAO:
Or Notty cakes... XD
Yep, that's what happens.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That moment before the trap goes off, and you have caught yourself a wild Becca!
I'm a clean pony, I don't have fleas, but you can brush my mane if you want
Meh, grooming is grooming.
So it is sausage party time (again)? :p:p

Really nice seeing all the small pores on her face.

I suppose Chris can fit on Sarah Connor's shoes.:unsure:
You don't want to see sausage being maid... it's not pretty ...and the apron never fits.

Last edited:

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
I've been musing a bit about this game and why it hasn't taken off like some others. It's got a compelling storyline, great writing, excellent world building, and strong characters. The visuals might not be cutting edge like CoBD, but even the first chapter holds up pretty well. So why don't more people love it?

And why don't I love it? :unsure:

Long, slightly rambling discussion on game design and my tastes in fiction follows. I'm dumping it in spoilers to avoid inflicting it on those who don't care.

Anyway, that's my amateur diagnosis. Quite possibly its all nonsense and I'm projecting my own preferences onto the general audience even though I've done my best to be objective. Also hope it doesn't come off as too critical, because I've got a lot of affection for H5 and I want to see it soar.
There is nothing unreasonable in your comments though of course I don't agree.

I like your first impressions actually count. I hate the games where you act like a dick from start and women still throw themselves at you and just like in real life the first impression makes a huge difference.

Science fiction and science fantasy are both genres I love. Yes its great to be a Miles Vorgastan or a Luke Skywalker, but the biggest sci fi of all time for me was Blade Runner where "hero" was out classed and had ass handed to him in end, "Tears in the Rain" is still considered one of best dialogues in cinema.

We still don't know who is how strong. None of characters have yet to be seriously tested besides Chris but we do know MC is from military family and switched from combat to engineering after it became apparent no aliens to fight. Somehow both he and sister have both ended up in key career paths (comms and engineering) in a place that seems to be a lot more important than plebs realise.

I think it is rare to even get on Sarah's radar and if you look at PDF she is very slow to actually like you. I don't think Sarah is stupid just she is just very disassociated with real world.

One thing I love in this game is exactly who is good and bad? We have a corrupt elite serving government which we all attack dogs for. We have a secret research facility that is at least researching the drugs we may or may not use. We have a resistance/terrorist group that has no compunctions in taking out masses of civilians to get a single target. We have MC and his sister who from military family that seem to have followed career paths to get most influence and although MC is seems good at what he does he has zero personal interest in it. We have Chris that thumbs nose at authority and procedure at will hiding behind her husbands power but quick to use the very same procedures and system to control others. There is no doubt using drugs to fuck Sarah would be evil but what about using drugs to get control of a computer genius that close to key players to try bring down an oppressive military regime (that created the drugs in first place)? {I not saying this likely, I just love how Notte captures just how subjective Good and Bad is}.

Ok end of my long winded dribble.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Science fiction and science fantasy are both genres I love. Yes its great to be a Miles Vorgastan or a Luke Skywalker, but the biggest sci fi of all time for me was Blade Runner where "hero" was out classed and had ass handed to him in end, "Tears in the Rain" is still considered one of best dialogues in cinema.
It is! :)
I don't think that Kelly could be Thea, there is little chance that Thea would know about the "Bear incident" ;)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Nah, that never works. Becca is too...
The true Becca sure, but the animal + Becca hybrids are another story, they escaped and have gone feral, roaming the wild in search of cakes...

I don't think that Kelly could be Thea, there is little chance that Thea would know about the "Bear incident" ;)
That is exactly her M.O., that is how she is good enough to impersonate even someone spouse to assassinate them! She has her memories replaced with that of the one being copied. I worry for what that would mean to the real Kelly (or whoever she is impersonating). :unsure:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*peeks in -very- briefly before beddies*

It's all coming together guys. I'll do a patreon post in a day or so with a whole host of "fuck, look at it now!" piccies. You will hardly recognise the station :)

I've one additional feature I want to implement for the remaster but dunno if I will or not. It would be super - and not in any other game and I -think- I even know how to code it too (which is a plus!). Will think on tho as I'm getting desperate to get One out.

There is nothing unreasonable in your comments though of course I don't agree.

I like your first impressions actually count. I hate the games where you act like a dick from start and women still throw themselves at you and just like in real life the first impression makes a huge difference.

We still don't know who is how strong. None of characters have yet to be seriously tested besides Chris but we do know MC is from military family and switched from combat to engineering after it became apparent no aliens to fight. Somehow both he and sister have both ended up in key career paths (comms and engineering) in a place that seems to be a lot more important than plebs realise.

I think it is rare to even get on Sarah's radar and if you look at PDF she is very slow to actually like you. I don't think Sarah is stupid just she is just very disassociated with real world.

One thing I love in this game is exactly who is good and bad? We have a corrupt elite serving government which we all attack dogs for. We have a secret research facility that is at least researching the drugs we may or may not use. We have a resistance/terrorist group that has no compunctions in taking out masses of civilians to get a single target. We have MC and his sister who from military family that seem to have followed career paths to get most influence and although MC is seems good at what he does he has zero personal interest in it. We have Chris that thumbs nose at authority and procedure at will hiding behind her husbands power but quick to use the very same procedures and system to control others. There is no doubt using drugs to fuck Sarah would be evil but what about using drugs to get control of a computer genius that close to key players to try bring down an oppressive military regime (that created the drugs in first place)? {I not saying this likely, I just love how Notte captures just how subjective Good and Bad is}.

Ok end of my long winded dribble.
I've got my eye on you Mr Sinphil....

Too clever by half. ;)

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019

Unless Doppleganger or some accomplice got very close to Kelly first, asked her about family, took notice of the event, and now uses it to "prove" she's Kelly. It was brought up in a slightly awkward manner, though that might've also been due to limitations in writing, to insert proof that she *is* the real Kelly..

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I know I'm late to the party and just echoing the praise at this point, but it's absolutely, totally worth it. The difference is definitely noticeable in the best way, and I just love how Rah-Rah looks remastered here. Same with Chris in the more recently posted ones (that black and white, though). Once again, I can't wait to see what's yet to come.

And I love that specific hairstyle on Sarah. There's just something about that look, that hair behind the one ear, that's really doing it for me.... I'll be in my bunk.
Far too kind

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I don't think Sarah is stupid just she is just very disassociated with real world.
I like how varied opinions on Notty's characters get. It goes to show how much depth there is to them. :)

As for Sarah, she's a bright lass. No doubt in my mind about that. I wouldn't call her disassociated, although I understand why you would perceive her as such. IMO it's her playful, cheery personality and occasional ditziness that give that impression.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes