Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
But wouldn't the most egomanic thing thinking that we are the only intelligent life form in the universe ? :unsure:
Oh I think Command hoped we would be - but weren't taking chances. I mean, have you seen how they kitted the I class out...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
But wouldn't the most egomanic thing thinking that we are the only intelligent life form in the universe ? :unsure:
If I remember right, current thinking is that the creation of life is likely a pretty rare event that requires a lot of luck with right conditions. There are likely also only a limited amount of suitable planets, so there is no clue atm whether life exists outside of Earth. If it does it is likely common and also intelligent remember dolphins are not much less intelligent as we are. :p, If that rare is really very very rare the universe might be quite empty though.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
If I remember right, current thinking is that the creation of life is likely a pretty rare event that requires a lot of luck with right conditions. There are likely also only a limited amount of suitable planets, so there is no clue atm whether life exists outside of Earth. If it does it is likely common and also intelligent remember dolphins are not much less intelligent as we are. :p, If that rare is really very very rare the universe might be quite empty though.
Yes but given the infinity of the universe, no matter what the probabilities are it is bound to happen

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Oh he's just a Commander - not Command. Command is the rather generic term used for the fleet command and it was professor Isbell who mentioned ants. Not me. :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Always knew Fleet Command was just a bunch of dirty old perverts!
But how do they get into RahRahs computergame? :unsure:

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Is this where I get to derail the discussion into a heated debate by suggesting that humans are simply unique, which would in turn support the creationist theory?
And I'll surprise you by mentioning that C.S. Lewis in his essay "God on the deck" didn't rule out the possibility of other planets being inhabited. If Ophion can house Ugly Elves ( the translation of the word Goblin) , Phoebe could have inhabitants that would be classified as Fey.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Also a good question if the planet is that good and even Ophion can develop intelligent life, why isn't there one on Phoebe. Is it maybe not so perfect for intelligent life?
If there was intelligent life on every planet that can support it, 4X space strategy games would rather suck.:) Plus just look how long it took Earth to develop intelligent life. We've been here for a day, so to speak. Evolution is a bitch.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
If there was intelligent life on every planet that can support it, 4X space strategy games would rather suck.:) Plus just look how long it took Earth to develop intelligent life. We've been here for a day, so to speak. Evolution is a bitch.
The biggest question is how MC and Kelly are going to hide their liason from the rest of the crew's.
And will Chadwick play fair or will she inform Kells of the bet ruining their blooming love ?

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes