Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Well that is quite a bit of background information, now just hope that the people that made those decisions did not make the wrong decisions based upon the wrong data.:p Edit: It also means that the missing 4th ship is missed a lot, since it would give more options to command, whoever that might be.
Lots of background information today. A lot of it we already knew (or should know), but it's definitely interesting seeing it all rehashed here, ordered differently.
Like:
So, Ophion is old. Possibly older than earth even. Then, why aren't those Ophions further developed? Or were they telepathically communicating with eachother?
Ophion 1: "I can't believe she wielded the hammer on us. Are they really that backward?"
Ophio 2: "LOL! Let's just play along, see how far she will go"

Or, maybe they aren't the most intelligent species of Ophion, and the primary intelligent species already left the planet?
And, if there's a more intelligent species somewhere, then maybe that weird sighting had some truth in it? Or maybe there's some link to the missing 4th ship?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Lots of background information today. A lot of it we already knew (or should know), but it's definitely interesting seeing it all rehashed here, ordered differently.
Like:
So, Ophion is old. Possibly older than earth even. Then, why aren't those Ophions further developed? Or were they telepathically communicating with eachother?
Ophion 1: "I can't believe she wielded the hammer on us. Are they really that backward?"

Or, maybe they aren't the most intelligent species of Ophion, and the primary intelligent species already left the planet?
And, if there's a more intelligent species somewhere, then maybe that weird sighting had some truth in it? Or maybe there's some link to the missing 4th ship?
I think almost everything I've blabbed today is already in game to some extent - although not as obvious as my statements here. Certainly, nothing in game contradicts it as this is all straight out the game bible.

Good questions for sure :).

Now if only you knew a geologist, a neurologist and a linguistics expert....

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Like:

You forget the most obvious answer of course, they might have been developed further, but if they did not find another inhabitable world and they used all their resources, this may well be the remnants of what was once a developed civilization. Time will tell.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
You forget the most obvious answer of course, they might have been developed further, but if they did not find another inhabitable world and they used all their resources, this may well be the remnants of what was once a developed civilization. Time will tell.
Another option of course is perhaps they just didn't develop further? Evolution can have dead ends...

If only there was someway of finding out...

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I think almost everything I've blabbed today is already in game to some extent - although not as obvious as my statements here. Certainly, nothing in game contradicts it as this is all straight out the game bible.

Funny, do we not know those people purely by accident of course?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Oh they'd love to be out there I'm sure. As would a whole host of biologists, geologists and indeed a whole pile of others. But it's a logistics problem really.

With the I class being exploration ships rather than large scale people movers, the amount of civilians they can shift at any one time will be quite limited and with only three ships available it's how best they can deploy their very limited resources.

As a rule of thumb the fleet currently has one in orbit around Phoebe, one back at Earth for repair, rest and refit and one in transit. You could deploy them differently of course. Have one make shuttle runs just to Ophion, one making runs just to Phoebe and keep one in repair. But that leaves gaps in support at each planet, reducing the only vessels that can support the ground team to occasional visits twice a year.... Risky. Given that Phoebe seems to be a better option all round, and pending the completion of the first colony vessel, perhaps it's not surprising they've decided what they've decided. Focus on just one for now given the low people numbers they can move and give it full support.

Of course once the colony vessels come on stream perhaps things will change.
Notty, isn't Phoebe too good to be true ? If the LGM managed to reach a tribal stage with little resources as on Ophion, what are the chances of Phobe's civilization having the technology and numbers to stop any colonisation attemp ?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Notty, isn't Phoebe too good to be true ? If the LGM managed to reach a tribal stage with little resources as on Ophion, what are the chances of Phobe's civilization having the technology and numbers to stop any colonisation attemp ?
Also a good question if the planet is that good and even Ophion can develop intelligent life, why isn't there one on Phoebe. Is it maybe not so perfect for intelligent life?

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Also a good question if the planet is that good and even Ophion can develop intelligent life, why isn't there one on Phoebe. Is it maybe not so perfect for intelligent life?
What if Phoebe was a lie!?
tenor.gif

Friday night social life kept me away from the thread while you brave gents have been having interesting conversations :(

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Simple... an abundance of resources favours the development of matriarchal societies, and as we know, women- especially those intelligent as showcased by Notty's evasive skills in answering questions- are quite elusive... maybe there was no first contact or we would have a first contact war like in the case of the Turians

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes