Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
View attachment 419352

Going beyond that would be perhaps a little too much detail :)
Nope, very instructing indeedy!:geek:
Well, he did end up with two black eyes, a cracked rib, bruised knuckles, a bill to replace a table, two chairs, a dozen or so glasses, and a barstool, and a night in jail. None of the guys he beat up pressed charges, though. Probably didn't want to admit this 6'4" skinny kid with a long blonde ponytail got the better of them. According to the bouncer that was on that night it was 6 on 1, and he wasn't about to get in the middle of it. Just waited for the cops to come break them up.
Hey, a 6'4" guy?? That's me but i'm not a skinny kid with a long blonde ponytail, the ponytail was never there as i am no more a kid for a long time and i weigh 250 205 pounds.
In RL, nobody never complains about my bad jokes... figure it out!;)
You get both.... :)

Also don't forget that the story you get is largely down to you...
That's exactly why i love so much H5, all is moving on... story, characters with or without you as the MC, all depending on your choices!:love:
Define twist?

What might be a twist for you guys is something I might see as a perfectly reasonable storyline given everything that is happening/could happen/character motivations.

*smiles sweetly*
Is it a basic research simulator for man's behaviour(and woman's later) in the adult game area?
I know for sure that Notty is capable of this kind of research... smart Notty, do the H5 exe give you any stats feedback?:unsure:
I hope so... even just for the first name and last, it would be hilarious.:)
The clearance level will impact on how much you get to know about people. The MC will have greater access to Sarah and Kelly's files than the other way around for example. The only thing that got zapped about at the end of three tho was the MC's two order docs.
Oh, that are essential intels, thanks for sharing Notty!:)

Still 6 pages to read, i am paddling!:whistle:

Edit: 250 pounds?! Typo, 205 more likely.. My bones will not ever support a 250 pounds weight! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I command you on what is surely a gargantuan task of a walkthrough from what I've heard of the game so far Akky(y)
Thank you, Neimy! :) I wholeheartedly recommend not using the walkthrough though. You'll get most fun without it, by making your own choices and facing your own consequences. :) This is a game meant to be played (and replayed).

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
... No you ensure we have to keep spending time with that horror Mike and spend time on the equipment that would be way better spent with one of the woman. Shame on you. :p
"But in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel, and left it on the battlefield. We, who found it, are just men: not gods, not giants, just men. And the secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, MConan, you must learn its discipline. For no one, no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... This you can trust. "[points to his sword reactor]

With a nuclear reactor...
US Army in the sixties already experimented with small reactors for remote bases on Earth, so in the future, i think it's normal.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
"But in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel, and left it on the battlefield. We, who found it, are just men: not gods, not giants, just men. And the secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, MConan, you must learn its discipline. For no one, no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... This you can trust. "[points to his sword reactor]
What if the only have tritanium?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
On an ideal world, there might not be enough incentive for life to develop or get out and colonize. With everything conveniently placed within reach, there is no reason to reach further, no reason to think about passing the next hurdle, because, why would you? It is precisely a lack of resources that causes life to adapt and get in motion.
To develop, life needs challenges, but not such big challenges that they are lethal to the entire species.

so, just maybe, Phoebe is too perfect to develop intelligent life, while Ophion is too lethal to really sustain it.
Were some interesting answers to this already, but as far as we know on Earth even in very secluded spots with high nutrients there always seem to be at least one top predator after some time. Some of those take very weird forms though. :) Of course it is well possible that in the future if we ever do find life (intelligent or not) on other planets, that it may be very different as what we know and evolution has tricks up it's sleeve that we did not even dream of yet. :ROFLMAO:

Nope, it's genetics.:) There is a good reason why animals generally don't inbreed unless they are in unfavorable circumstances.
That is very debatable, also think of lion prides and such or wolves, unless you consider most of natural world as unfavorable circumstances. Well you might have a point there.;)

Was that it? I thought just pissed someone off and got transferred as punishment... ;p You have to spend time on that rock! ...with your perverted brother!
Well we do not know that, it just seems a likely backstory though with the information we have. Now it could be the planet actually does need a competent traffic controller without us knowing that. Besides I am just a loving brother with a lot to give to my little sister, so shame on you Sir to draw such conclusions. :p

Me? Be perverted in VR?!?!?! Perish the thought! I only would do what Sarah asked of me, nothing ...bad! She wouldn't do anything perverted, would she? Not our Sarah? XD
Nah, but she might ask us to do something perverted to her. :ROFLMAO: :whistle:

Could be, one hypothesis has an infinite number of infinities, so it's hard to say... XD
Indeed one hypothesis. Well considering we are unable to unify the theories of the big things and very small things plus we need to add an enormous big constant to our theories with dark matter/energy to make any sense of what we think we see out there, I would say it is wiser to keep an open mind for now. Likely we will discover that the universe has a few more surprises in store for us in the future. :p

To be fair, most of history includes a lot of it.
True, whether that was always a viable strategy though? Then again weird ideas about bloodlines and the strength of those, have led to plenty of misery and entitlement as well. :p

Not really true, look at herd animals, where one male breeds with all of the females of the herd. Giraffes, for example, have almost all males having gay sex, because only the alpha get mate with the females.
True and unless a new alpha comes from another herd it will be one of the kids of the alpha that will be the new alpha and guess what the female herd members will be? :ROFLMAO:

Stopped reading, 1000 likes... let me appreciated this moment!!:love:

Next milestone.... 1000 pages for the thread.:)
Grats, I will be surprised if not this weekend. Especially with Notty posting tidbits on patreon today. :)

Nottravis

So, since everything is being remastered... :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Nice Akky, do like the charactersheet form as well it fits with the game and PDA. :)

Thank you, Hiru! :) I wholeheartedly recommend not using the walkthrough though. You'll get most fun without it, by making your own choices and facing your own consequences. :) This is a game meant to be played (and replayed).
True, I would more say though use the walkthrough for when you get stuck on playthrough six for getting closer to the lady you want to be with. :p

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Were some interesting answers to this already, but as far as we know on Earth even in very secluded spots with high nutrients there always seem to be at least one top predator after some time. Some of those take very weird forms though. :) Of course it is well possible that in the future if we ever do find life (intelligent or not) on other planets, that it may be very different as what we know and evolution has tricks up it's sleeve that we did not even dream of yet. :ROFLMAO:

That is very debatable, also think of lion prides and such or wolves, unless you consider most of natural world as unfavorable circumstances. Well you might have a point there.;)

Well we do not know that, it just seems a likely backstory though with the information we have. Now it could be the planet actually does need a competent traffic controller without us knowing that. Besides I am just a loving brother with a lot to give to my little sister, so shame on you Sir to draw such conclusions. :p

Nah, but she might ask us to do something perverted to her. :ROFLMAO: :whistle:

Indeed one hypothesis. Well considering we are unable to unify the theories of the big things and very small things plus we need to add an enormous big constant to our theories with dark matter/energy to make any sense of what we think we see out there, I would say it is wiser to keep an open mind for now. Likely we will discover that the universe has a few more surprises in store for us in the future. :p

True, whether that was always a viable strategy though? Then again weird ideas about bloodlines and the strength of those, have led to plenty of misery and entitlement as well. :p

True and unless a new alpha comes from another herd it will be one of the kids of the alpha that will be the new alpha and guess what the female herd members will be? :ROFLMAO:

Grats, I will be surprised if not this weekend. Especially with Notty posting tidbits on patreon today. :)

Nice Akky, do like the charactersheet form as well it fits with the game and PDA. :)

True, I would more say though use the walkthrough for when you get stuck on playthrough six for getting closer to the lady you want to be with. :p
Coincidentally, lions also have a high percentage of homo/bi sexuality, I find it entertaining.

I just love all the new cosmological conjecture. It's just amazing to think about.

Even if they get a new alpha, all the others are related, so the problem doesn't really go away...

Also, this is the future, so with genetic engineering they should be able to correct any genetic issues that could arise.

...Damn, what did you do to me, Notty? Now I am advocating incest! :eek:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I don't know about wolves, but with lions inbreeding is uncommon because the alpha male tends to force younger males out to find their own prides. It takes 3 years for lions to reach sexual maturity, and with only about 8 years of lifespan in the wild the alpha doesn't get to hold his position for long since he has to face challenges from other males looking for prides. There is not much time or opportunity to mate with his daughters. I don't think I need to point out that inbreeding causes genetic anomalies and defects. Nature typically has means to ensure diversity of the genetic pool.

Thanks! Yeah, I was trying to capture the feel of the PDA as well as using H5's signature font where I deemed it would fit.:)

I'd say more like 20 playthroughs. :p But yeah, it is really to provide people with on option should they want to see a path mentioned in the summaries and they just can't get it for some reason.

You don't need to see every bit of content to progress with each girl, so as long as you don't play your cards really poorly, you can totally go without it and just follow your guts. Obviously some choices result in arguably better consequences, but generally it's not necessary to play some kind of "optimal" path.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You don't need to see every bit of content to progress with each girl, so as long as you don't play your cards really poorly, you can totally go without it and just follow your guts. Obviously some choices result in arguably better consequences, but generally it's not necessary to play some kind of "optimal" path.
To be honest we do not know that yet, we know the story will progress whatever we do and we know from Notty that on the whole we get more than one chance to get involved with the main women, she never said though that we will not be able to really put them off and seriously mad at us. Not sure, but suspect getting caught with Annie by Chris might be one of those moments if interested in Chris, except maybe for a bad part. :p

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
To be honest we do not know that yet, we know the story will progress whatever we do and we know from Notty that on the whole we get more than one chance to get involved with the main woman, she never said though that we will not be able to really put them off and seriously mad at us. Not sure, but suspect getting caught with Annie by Chris might be one of those moments if interested in Chris, except maybe for a bad part. :p
Yeah, with 116 endings, I have to assume every choice matters, but we won't know how for some time in some cases.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
But if she is a spy, well....why not Marcus? Or Trisha? Or....etc etc. I mean, why would there be a spy there anyway?

It's a backwater research station. It doesn't seem that important to me...
Good points and too early to speculate about any conspiracy even if there is one imo.
It is such a shame that people like the PPF are thwarting colonisation plans isn't it?

But with no colony ships actually completed (thanks, Thea...) and only the three "I" class capable of inter system travel the fleet is very, very stretched. The loss of the Invincible was most unfortunate in making a bad situation even worse. I'm not suprised the MC has orders to consider closing the place. Last thing they need is to be keeping an eye on another planet when they have Phoebe to play with, no?

Maybe the MC should close it down. It does seem a sensible thing to do, no? It would take pressure off the mission for sure. Who cares if the plant is fixed if you're going to shut it down.

I'm sure there is a perfectly sensible answer for that. *sage nods*
Still valuable intels, it makes sense in a way.
Y'know sometimes I re-read my posts and I can just hear the sounds of grinding of teeth flowing across the internet.....
Hmm, can i change my last statement?;)
Whether or not anyone gets Annie, (double entendre was on purpose:p), the simple theory that you never ever put all your eggs in one basket unless you have no choice should make Ophion way more important as is even with those problems. I can understand Phoebe is the priority but setting up a small self sustaining colony on Ophion should be a goal at least in my opinion. Besides you can not tell me there are not hundreds of Xenobiologists on Earth that would give their left ball to be able to study new species on Ophion normally, even with Phoebe out there.
Insteresting thoughts DA22, to be continued!(y)
Oh they'd love to be out there I'm sure. As would a whole host of biologists, geologists and indeed a whole pile of others. But it's a logistics problem really.

With the I class being exploration ships rather than large scale people movers, the amount of civilians they can shift at any one time will be quite limited and with only three ships available it's how best they can deploy their very limited resources.

As a rule of thumb the fleet currently has one in orbit around Phoebe, one back at Earth for repair, rest and refit and one in transit. You could deploy them differently of course. Have one make shuttle runs just to Ophion, one making runs just to Phoebe and keep one in repair. But that leaves gaps in support at each planet, reducing the only vessels that can support the ground team to occasional visits twice a year.... Risky. Given that Phoebe seems to be a better option all round, and pending the completion of the first colony vessel, perhaps it's not surprising they've decided what they've decided. Focus on just one for now given the low people numbers they can move and give it full support.

Of course once the colony vessels come on stream perhaps things will change.
And Notty has responded... and it's clear now, i take it as valuable intels for sure, thanks Notty!:love:

Don't have time to quote more, just emojis to reach the end... sorry!:cry:

Notty was very informative today, THANKS!!:)

*Toodles*

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
I don't think I need to point out that inbreeding causes genetic anomalies and defects.
Just a little correction: inbreeding doesn't "cause" genetic anomalies, it makes it more likely to get homozygous mutations or variations in your population. And homozygous genetic defects have a more severe impact on the phenotype of the subjects (i.e. anomalies and genetic diseases).

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
What if Kelly is not a spy as such, but a plant from Internal affair to check out Chris since she might be considered a security risk through her actions, a sort of sting operation.
I find that unlikely simply because the Chadwick files were dealt with by the command of the Intrepid. I don't think it got higher than that. Chadwick incidents also could have happened after Kelly was posted on Ophion.

Also, the mission was low-threat. Simple transport and resupply with the MC having the extra task of evaluating the station. Nobody seemingly gave much shit about it. But since there is an incoming Marine vessel, I guess that might have changed.

That would also mean though that the last minute replacement by the Vannie would not be a coincidence at all.
Yep, it was the Viper's mission. Chris was not supposed to be there at all. I just don't see why it would be important to have Chris there and not somebody else?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22 and TheDevian
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes