Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
About GPUs, while the upfront cost is a factor, one should consider the electricity cost too, for example: while the 2080Ti is the worst on performance/dollar, it's one of the best on performance/watt. So it can be cheaper on the long run, based on the power cost.

Perf/Watt
Perf/dollar

frap

Oct 17, 2018
5 pages this morning

Most of you are on various lists...
Okay - saw this one last night, but I can't let it go. I'm guessing I'm on the "completionist arses that will play every path for the next two years until their cheese slides right off their cracker."

All around me are familiar faces, traitors and asses
View attachment 420982
It's a very, very... mad world.

Women are fickle things, if one asks you if that outfit makes her look fat and you say "yop, like a rhino" she gets pissed... wasn't honesty a virtue ?

Going back to the topic at hand...
Isn't that also the hair used by the news anchor.
That's not how you say it. You can maintain honesty by saying "that outfit isn't flattering." That's it - it becomes the outfit's fault. Even if what you're thinking is "no, you being fat makes you look fat, but I don't care you silly woman because I love you just the way you are."

Whoever said that honesty was a virtue all the time? Likely a woman I guess. I think all of us boys have learned at age 6 that tact is the better part of valour in reality. :p
Tact, aye. See above.

ACIO relates only to your actions, not to what others do.
And by extension what happens to you. Doesn't change what happens to the NPCs necessarily.

But going for the top now means she won't have to upgrade again until after CH10, and even if she does, it's as easy as putting in an extra card, not having to replace one because it's become outdated. :unsure: Also, one of the most important parts in a new system like this is the PSU, it has to be a top-quality one or the rest doesn't matter that much. :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Except: with dual cards you're still limited to the RAM of the smallest card. So the 24GB of the Titan can't be replicated with 2 12GB Ti's.

By going for second PC sooner, she could more than make up for the cost it would take to do further upgrade later thanks to much higher support remastered Chapter Four will hopefully bring.

It's having second rendering machine that could give like 150% or more production increase and right now that's what is important with around 2,000 renders to remaster. There is still a big difference between 2070, or even 2060, and 1060. Yet, those cards are much more affordable than 2080.
Sounds reasonable.

Also, been getting a lot of 502 errors here today. Is Mike in the server room?

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

I'm a bit disappointed with the new look. I'd prefer that she at least keep the original color. It was unique and added to her character's appeal.
Yeah i also imagine it is because of something like that.

ps: is the forum slow to load today for anyone else?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Okay - saw this one last night, but I can't let it go. I'm guessing I'm on the "completionist arses that will play every path for the next two years until their cheese slides right off their cracker."
I'm guessing I might be on that one too! :unsure:
Except: with dual cards you're still limited to the RAM of the smallest card. So the 24GB of the Titan can't be replicated with 2 12GB Ti's.
But can't you render on each card separately at the same time? Essentially doubling render times? :unsure:

I'm a bit disappointed with the new look. I'd prefer that she at least keep the original color. It was unique and added to her character's appeal.
I like her new hair, it makes her look hotter! :p:love:
Also, been getting a lot of 502 errors here today. Is Mike in the server room?
ps: is the forum slow to load today for anyone else?
Lots of pervs online on a Sunday! :whistle:;)

frap

Oct 17, 2018
I'm guessing I might be on that one too! :unsure:

But can't you render on each card separately at the same time? Essentially doubling render times? :unsure:

Lots of pervs online on a Sunday! :whistle:;)
Nope - still only one render at a time - but the time to render is reduced. Not by half, but by around 30% for two matched cards, if I remember correctly.

*has spent too much time reading about render rigs, IRay, Nvidia drivers, cards, etc*

And yes, the new look is hot!

Http404z

Dec 26, 2018
I don't mind the hair style, though I do have a preference for long hair over short. And, storywise, it's completely sensible. I don't like the change in hair color.

1570380987520.png 1570381013321.png
Original hair color was somewhere between Ash Blond or Platinum Blond, new hair is more Honey Blond. She's still absolutely fucking gorgeous...just more boring color, imo.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Nope - still only one render at a time - but the time to render is reduced. Not by half, but by around 30% for two matched cards, if I remember correctly.

*has spent too much time reading about render rigs, IRay, Nvidia drivers, cards, etc*

And yes, the new look is hot!
I thought I read somewhere that you could have two instances of Daz open at once if you had multiple cards... or if you wanted to do GPU and CPU renders at the same time.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Original hair color was somewhere between Ash Blond or Platinum Blond, new hair is more Honey Blond. She's still absolutely fucking gorgeous...just more boring color, imo.
Unfortunately, colour options for hairstyle assets tend to be limited to just one variation of blond. Not something Notty can do much about, except try to get something as close as possible. For me it passes.

Last edited:

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
If you really want to know....

Is it me or does she look a little... cheeky? :p
Yeah, she almost looks like bear the hamster...

Er, the fight with Chris... Notty have mentioned it some post after.
You can see this in the spoiler, helpless 'cose of her long hair.
Oh, come on! She can't be that dumb, can she? Does she lack introspection so badly that she can't realize HER ATTITUDE made her lose the fight? She's supposed to be smart, for God's sake!
There can be two explanations for her behaviour: either she is Thea (and she can rot somewhere in the deepest pits of Hell) or this is the result of the good doctor's pills, and I hope he's hungry because I owe him a large knuckle sandwich...

Regarding hair and nails length, many of the ladies on Ophion are barely following regulations, it would seem. Or perhaps the space navy has a more relaxed approach than most modern-day militaries?

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes