Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
No idea if Notty has any of these assets, but I do have a little list of suggestions.
-
-
-
-
-

Now, I certainly don't want Notty to go spending money on any of these, but I do think they'd be good candidates for testing if she does have them in her library.
I'll pitch in too...:whistle:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yup, and there is that whole "princess toughens up mid-story" cliché as well, where the goody goody lady with long black hair cut them out to adorn a more tomboyish hairdo, reflecting her newly found strength and all the bullshit that entails. It was quite fun in the 80s but has become stale nowadays.

That being said, I do like the fact that characters change their clothes and hair during a story, unlike most games (even AAA ones) where people only have one style and that's it. It started with the delicious Annie letting her hair down :)
Yeah, changing styles and clothing I can totally get behind. I mean, they do that to make the characters more easily identifiable (and a lot of fans don't like change), but it's isn't very realistic.
Yep. I think 2070 would be a good choice. It's too soon to go for the top.
IDK, I think the extra for the 2080ti is worth it...
It was still Kelly who made dirty move first. The remainder was just a lesson. I'm totally fine with what Chris did.
Yeah, I am mixed on that... Sure, Kelly broke her own rules first, but Chris still played pretty dirty.
But going for the top now means she won't have to upgrade again until after CH10, and even if she does, it's as easy as putting in an extra card, not having to replace one because it's become outdated. :unsure: Also, one of the most important parts in a new system like this is the PSU, it has to be a top-quality one or the rest doesn't matter that much. :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, the 2080ti really is the best bang for the buck (and it's so nice to use).
If Kelly was in danger of being hurt, yes. I wouldn't jump to defend her pride though since she was the one who turned a fair match into something else. It would be a disgrace to family honour!:cool:
So, her being exposed to the world wasn't a 'disgrace to the family honor'? :p You know there are probably security cameras around there, and there is a good chance Mike could get access to them... or who knows who else?
About GPUs, while the upfront cost is a factor, one should consider the electricity cost too, for example: while the 2080Ti is the worst on performance/dollar, it's one of the best on performance/watt. So it can be cheaper on the long run, based on the power cost.

Perf/Watt
Perf/dollar
Good to know. I feel even better about my card now... :geek:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm a bit disappointed with the new look. I'd prefer that she at least keep the original color. It was unique and added to her character's appeal.
While I agree, coloring hair is a bitch in daz, you can't just pick a color on the color wheel. You can add color to it, but removing it is not really a thing... Tweaking it is really challenging.
I thought I read somewhere that you could have two instances of Daz open at once if you had multiple cards... or if you wanted to do GPU and CPU renders at the same time.
That is theoretically doable. You can run more than one, and you can choose what card you use to render with, so yeah. ...Could also do a 3rd one with the CPU I guess... Not sure that would be better than using both though? You still have the same ram, and all that...
See Annie is smart and sexy, she uses contraception on her cigarettes:p Well, could be Notty, Belle or Annie Freezer. Take your pick.:p
Maybe she ought to be using those nasty e-cigs to be safer? I only hope they made better and safer ones than we have now.
Likely need a bigger monitor or sharper reading glasses. Age does come with a few disadvantages. :p
True enough, I do consider myself lucky to be nearsighted at least... Most of my family is farsighted, and I do not envy them.
I'll pitch in too...:whistle:
Notty is still using Gen3 for now, maybe after the upgrade she can convert them to Gen8, but more likely she would just use it to go that much faster.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Notty is still using Gen3 for now, maybe after the upgrade she can convert them to Gen8, but more likely she would just use it to go that much faster.
Are you sure? I thought Amanda was based on Alexandra 8. Not entirely sure, but it's the closest match I could find.
And otherwise, there's always the RSSY converters, they have G8F to G3F versions of those too.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Are you sure? I thought Amanda was based on Alexandra 8. Not entirely sure, but it's the closest match I could find.
And otherwise, there's always the RSSY converters, they have G8F to G3F versions of those too.
Yup, very sure. We have chatted about it a number of times. :sneaky:

Oh? I did not know there were converters for 8 to 3, interesting...

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
So, her being exposed to the world wasn't a 'disgrace to the family honor'? :p You know there are probably security cameras around there, and there is a good chance Mike could get access to them... or who knows who else?
Doesn't bother me.:)

Yes, I know, but there are converters for hair as well, no? I don't know if they are any good though.:unsure:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I found this, but haven't tried it.
I haven't tried any of the converters yet, I plan to use a mix of 3 and 8 depending on what I need and how important they are, but I will likely need some at some point, making my own clothing and hair is way above my pay grade for now...

• Haha
Reactions: DA22 and Akamari

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
I don't mind the hair style, though I do have a preference for long hair over short. And, storywise, it's completely sensible. I don't like the change in hair color.

View attachment 421250 View attachment 421251
Original hair color was somewhere between Ash Blond or Platinum Blond, new hair is more Honey Blond. She's still absolutely fucking gorgeous...just more boring color, imo.
I like her new hair but i didn't know until now that kelly got reworked. Not a fan of the new face looks like a completely new character. But alas there are other fish in the sea

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I found this, but haven't tried it.
I haven't tried any of the converters yet, I plan to use a mix of 3 and 8 depending on what I need and how important they are, but I will likely need some at some point, making my own clothing and hair is way above my pay grade for now...
This just appeared - https://f95zone.to/threads/hair-converter-from-genesis-8-female-to-genesis-3-female-g3f.38066/

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
*peeks in briefly*
View attachment 421381

*poofs again*
Let's go back in time and appreciate Notty's work!

Annie actual.jpg annie_test.jpg annie_test2.jpg

It's a huge improvement and apart from the new colors' design of all the station, the mood is there for an evening drink after a busy day: the lights, a darker exterior..
I really like the new first person view(a bit higher) over the table, it suits more for a friendly chat... at first.;)
Tiny bit of clipping and the whole image needs to be moved slightly to put Annie in the exact centre - but you get the idea :)
A very tiny bit of clipping i may say but it is up to you to judge. I get the idea why there is still a slightly move to make for the view but Annie doesn't have to be exactly in the center. Since we see only Annie's upper body now, there is still a big empty space: the floor. A slightly left, a little more left.. stop, perfect!;)

Very interested to see your final render!:)

ps: Nice launch of Apollo 11 photo btw.

Last edited:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I like her new hair but i didn't know until now that kelly got reworked. Not a fan of the new face looks like a completely new character. But alas there are other fish in the sea
She hasn't been reworked, at least not how the others may have been. The change in hair is plot related and was planned from the beginning. Now, is it something that we can prevent as the player? Who knows? Notty knows

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes