4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Her Android Tears
Day 2 Coming Soon

Anybody can guess and speculate on that.
Yah - had a messy year.

Have a project almost due for release, but then had trouble with Daz which was causing some issues.

I bought new computer parts (thanks, Tax Department for my refund).

I bought a new water cooling system for said computer parts so they don't melt.

I decided Hard Tubing because it looks cool.

FML. If you ever want to do hard tubing... just don't. It's a bitch.

Thankfully, silicone helps. FMLx2.

I've been out of action for 3 weeks.

Just got everything reinstalled.

Lost some texture files and have to rebuild for some current scenes.

While I was offline, my website died. The wordpress theme I was using as a base decided it needed an update and would no longer function without it. Updated and it broke everything. So, yeah. Now that's FUBAR and I need to create something from scratch again. Nice.

Umm, what else can go wrong?

Anyway. Something coming soon. I promise.

Sigh.

• Hey there
Reactions: The Grifter

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
20220331_002910.jpg

In case you're interested...

UV lights around the edge are off. Make it hard to photograph.

Cables look shit, I know. Custom cables I ordered were in Pink, but the supplier got back to me this week to say: No can do. We're out of Pink and won't be restocking.

Can't win this year.

Reactions: Nopenopeno

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Anyone know when the next episode will grace our screens?
EDIT: and while i was typing all this the dev himself has post-sniped me. oh well. i think my version is more believable.

According to the (generally hilarious) updates on his substar, the dev:

1. woke up with a hangover in the start of 2022 and decided to challenge himself and make a game in 2 weeks, and put Her Android Tears on hold in the interim.
2. new few weeks: gave us weekly reports of some progress, but then after 6 weeks explained how slow his PC was getting
3. after 8 weeks, upgraded to daz 4.20 and found a bunch of stuff in saved scenes that didn't work anymore so had to fix all that
4. 9 weeks, got fat tax return and decided to upgrade his rig to make daz fastererer again.
5. 10 weeks: something something visa stuff is confusing, fuck the govuhment
6. latest update, 13(?) weeks: finally got new computer parts and built pc and then found lots of missing content (custom textures and fonts) that has to be recreated.

Also, he grew some tomatoes on his balcony, assembled a kitchen cupboard for his wife, and may or may not have been murdered by giant australian spiders.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
EDIT: and while i was typing all this the dev himself has post-sniped me. oh well. i think my version is more believable.

According to the (generally hilarious) updates on his substar, the dev:

1. woke up with a hangover in the start of 2022 and decided to challenge himself and make a game in 2 weeks, and put Her Android Tears on hold in the interim.
2. new few weeks: gave us weekly reports of some progress, but then after 6 weeks explained how slow his PC was getting
3. after 8 weeks, upgraded to daz 4.20 and found a bunch of stuff in saved scenes that didn't work anymore so had to fix all that
4. 9 weeks, got fat tax return and decided to upgrade his rig to make daz fastererer again.
5. 10 weeks: something something visa stuff is confusing, fuck the govuhment
6. latest update, 13(?) weeks: finally got new computer parts and built pc and then found lots of missing content (custom textures and fonts) that has to be recreated.

Also, he grew some tomatoes on his balcony, assembled a kitchen cupboard for his wife, and may or may not have been murdered by giant australian spiders.
it's been a great 2022...

i also grew strawberries, but they were a failure. too sour.

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
*snip*

In case you're interested...

UV lights around the edge are off. Make it hard to photograph.

Cables look shit, I know. Custom cables I ordered were in Pink, but the supplier got back to me this week to say: No can do. We're out of Pink and won't be restocking.

Can't win this year.
I don't have the guts to DIY water cool, I take the easy way out and buy something from Corsair or similar. Props for doing it yourself. Failures are just learning experiences, and your build looks great. Hope it serves you well, nice work!

Reactions: L8ERALgames

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I don't have the guts to DIY water cool, I take the easy way out and buy something from Corsair or similar. Props for doing it yourself. Failures are just learning experiences, and your build looks great. Hope it serves you well, nice work!

I think I bit off more than I could chew, but we got there in the end. I think if you're a bit more ummm handyman than I am, you'd be okay. But it was definitely a horrible experience as I'm too impatient.

Reactions: Nopenopeno

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
HA! Impatience is exactly why I'm scared to do it myself, lol. I've built my last 9 computers, but I don't stray far from original design. I have in the past, and learned a lot, but I don't have the time or energy I used to (job is long hours, like 65-75 a week). In the end I chickened out for the quick and easy. Still have the first one I striped and painted though, that was back in the Windows 95 days, yeesh.

Reactions: L8ERALgames

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
HA! Impatience is exactly why I'm scared to do it myself, lol. I've built my last 9 computers, but I don't stray far from original design. I have in the past, and learned a lot, but I don't have the time or energy I used to (job is long hours, like 65-75 a week). In the end I chickened out for the quick and easy. Still have the first one I striped and painted though, that was back in the Windows 95 days, yeesh.
oh, windows 95...

i remember i bought a hard drive then which had 1.3gb on it. my friends got angry at me saying "you'll never use that much space!"

• Haha
Reactions: FFTW and Nopenopeno
4.40 star(s) 5 Votes