hollywoodf95

Jun 26, 2018
Could someone explain why this game seems so similar to Greener Pastures? They share assets, animation style, even the nuances of the dating sim progression seem very similar. The kitchen/living room is identical, the cum assets are identical. I honestly assumed this was the second game by the developer of GP, because it seems like the same idea but much higher quality and more mature (no dis to GP, its great). Is this just a Ren'Py asset library/animation engine that causes them to look similar? I haven't played many of the renpy dating sims so it's not something I would know.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Could someone explain why this game seems so similar to Greener Pastures? They share assets, animation style, even the nuances of the dating sim progression seem very similar. The kitchen/living room is identical, the cum assets are identical. I honestly assumed this was the second game by the developer of GP, because it seems like the same idea but much higher quality and more mature (no dis to GP, its great). Is this just a Ren'Py asset library/animation engine that causes them to look similar? I haven't played many of the renpy dating sims so it's not something I would know.
:WaitWhat: :FacePalm:

Have you like heard of Koikatu?

Aug 14, 2018
Hey, the confusion is understandable if you lack the following information:
There is a game called Koikatsu (sometimes spelled Koikatu I do not know which one is correct). It is first and foremost a game but it comes with the feature of creating male/female characters and also a "studio" in which you can pose said characters in different scenes and take pictures/make videos of them. This was used by the devs of both, HHG and Greener Pastures to generate the images/videos for their games. If you looke specifically for it, you will notice that there are a lot of games, that use Koikatsu for their images/videos.
The "maps" (e.g. the kitchen you mentioned) included in Koikatsu are limited and consequently, several games using Koikatsu will use the same maps.
On a sidenote, there is also Honey Select with the same features but a different style which is also used by a lot of games, e.g.: Pale Carnations and Once in a Lifetime .

Hope this helped.

hollywoodf95

Jun 26, 2018
Hey, the confusion is understandable if you lack the following information:
There is a game called Koikatsu (sometimes spelled Koikatu I do not know which one is correct). It is first and foremost a game but it comes with the feature of creating male/female characters and also a "studio" in which you can pose said characters in different scenes and take pictures/make videos of them. This was used by the devs of both, HHG and Greener Pastures to generate the images/videos for their games. If you looke specifically for it, you will notice that there are a lot of games, that use Koikatsu for their images/videos.
The "maps" (e.g. the kitchen you mentioned) included in Koikatsu are limited and consequently, several games using Koikatsu will use the same maps.
On a sidenote, there is also Honey Select with the same features but a different style which is also used by a lot of games, e.g.: Pale Carnations and Once in a Lifetime .

Hope this helped.
That's so strange. I think these must be the first 2 Koikatsu games I've, since I mostly played Flash until that died. The influence that game engines have on gameplay is fascinating, with how things get implemented in different engines, and Koikatsu is a weird solution. Thanks for the explanation and the recommendations!

Hoplow73

Dec 10, 2020
The game is really large. It will definitively reach the 30/40 hours of the game. But the story won't end there.
How is it large if there's been nothing new to experience for almost 2 years. I just laugh at anything Komisari says because for 2 years it been nothing but talk and images. I stopped supporting a long time ago...I'll wait to see a few releases and promises being kept before I bother downloading or supporting again.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
How is it large if there's been nothing new to experience for almost 2 years. I just laugh at anything Komisari says because for 2 years it been nothing but talk and images. I stopped supporting a long time ago...I'll wait to see a few releases and promises being kept before I bother downloading or supporting again.
ok

bib4zqg63k

Aug 1, 2021
I've read the whole patreon post... I hope your eye surgery goes good.

Now about the game...
It's nice to see more images of what you've been working on for chapter 1, one of the things that shows your good effort is the character expressions and effects that we don't normally see in other games made with the same type of character model (Koikatsu).

That's why at least for me I didn't put you as a... milker...
Why have you been demonstrating that you are working, but as you yourself noticed and said in your patreon post:

"... make people wait two years....
It may be a good idea for new players, and sheesh, it will freaking be a good idea. But for players who like to follow the game, the wait it's horrible."

Yes it is horrible, but the worst thing is that this development time makes people who supported failed projects (from developers with no commitment to their work) to think again if they are not being deceived again.

This is very bad because it makes people turn against what they once liked and even worse creates a very high expectation that if not fulfilled can be disastrous, both for the developer and the project.

But I like that you will approach it as an anime episode after chapter 1 this is very good as it will keep people's hype increasing and discussions about the game alive.

"I have said that I will stop doing wallpapers, requests and etc."

That's bad and good... In this case, good for those who want the X, Y, Z wallpaper and for you who earn a little more $, but bad for the game because it doesn't enter as something in the game and prevents you from working on the game which is equal to angry people in the future (Not to mention that because there are some "devs" that do more wallpapers than work on the game, they end up doing others devs, being labeled as milker...).

"People expect the requests to have the same quality that Chapter 1 has. And that takes a hell of a lot of time."

It really, once I open the studio to see what it was like...

"Oh, and also LOTS of lewd content and H-Scenes. Do not forget that."

It's good to see you say that there will be a lot of lewd content and H-scenes, even though there are some people here who say "I just like fishing" I know they're just kidding, making a joke, but deep down in my being I... well don't take what I'm going to say seriously...

But I wanted to stab that person! To say that, because first, nobody is here just for fishing, if I want a game just for fishing why not play Fishing Planet, Ultimate Fishing Simulator 2, Cat Goes Fishing, Fishing Adventure VR...etc.

But it's not a criticism of the system you made, I think it's something that has a certain immersion to a point...

Oh and I'm not at all frustrated if you don't have any scenes with Ari, when her time comes I know you'll work on her well (as you did with Sunny and Lucy in the next chapter, I hope Lucy's worshipers are happy after all they built her a temple a long time ago, I saw it with my own eyes) at least I hope so.
But I also know it's going to be tricky and I hope she doesn't fall into the side character type or get changed because of the P*tr@on shit.

I wouldn't like this for her and any other character, as for Jimmy you forgot to mention him in the post.

"The ETA is the end of this year or starting of the new one."
When you say "...or starting of the new one." (2023) you are already asking people to resurface and come here and tell you that YOU swore it would be in 2022.
It's the same thing as you saying "People please, punch me in the stomach" lol.

I really hope you get people back in the game and that you get what Selebus got because when he got into trouble in Lessons in Love he made a request and people listened to his request and showed that no matter where he was, would continue to support him (But of course this came as a demonstration of the work he had been doing). Of course, except for the part where he was trying to be submissive to the P*tr@on he was making people jump ship, (removing the adult content for "huggy boy" shit) until he realized the damage it took.

Last edited:

Aug 14, 2018
That's so strange. I think these must be the first 2 Koikatsu games I've, since I mostly played Flash until that died. The influence that game engines have on gameplay is fascinating, with how things get implemented in different engines, and Koikatsu is a weird solution. Thanks for the explanation and the recommendations!
You are very welcome. I think the reason for using Koikatsu(Kks)/Honey Select (HS) lies in the steep learning curve compared to using Blender/DAZ. I tried three of them (HS, Kks and Blender) and it took me much more time to generate a first scene in Blender when coming with virtually no background knowledge. In contrast, HS and Kks and their respective studios come with a lot of things already in place and ready to be used. The price you pay is that you are not as flexible with Kks and HS in creating scenes as you are in Blender/DAZ.
But to make our sequence of messages not go totally off topic ;): HHG is among the top games using Kks for images/videos on this website (going by weighted rating). It is only beaten by Out Of Touch if I did the categorisation in Kks/non-kks games correctly.
Well done Komisari ! Did you know this?

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
This thread may interest you: All Koikatsu Based Games

I could also give some recommendations if you'd like as I've played a good chunk of them.

Reactions: 01234

NinjaHanzo

Aug 18, 2020
I'm aware! And I'm going for Top 1 in both Koikatsu and other categories, with just Chapter 1!
Think big or go home :WeSmart:
Komisari Best of lucks with your surgery, and remember your game is important but your health is even more important so dont try to over do it and take time to rest and heal well before you start working again.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Komisari Best of lucks with your surgery, and remember your game is important but your health is even more important so dont try to over do it and take time to rest and heal well before you start working again.
I definitely will!
I already said it on discord but i'm going to say ir here too.
The surgery went really well, it seems like my capacity of regeneration is on point so with just one day of rest I'm already pretty fine!

I'm unable to look at my pc screens, tho. I can only see the phone.
Whenever I'm completely healed, I will continue the development. But I'm aware I need rest.
It will be a fast recovery, thank you!

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
The surgery went really well, it seems like my capacity of regeneration is on point so with just one day of rest I'm already pretty fine!
Glad to hear it. Partially because I'm looking at eye surgery (cataracts) in the upcoming months.

:cool: Eric Grey

Michaelanidem

Aug 24, 2021
Is it possible to use the incest patch on the android version? Or am I SOL?

I think I COULD try doing Joiplay with the PC version, but I've never done a game that large before on my phone.

Reactions: Jackmcbean
4.40 star(s) 207 Votes