c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
I liked the old version better. The eyes gave her the vibe of someone who has seen some shit. The new brighter hair and happy eyes feels like an older woman pining for her cheerleader days. The tilted nose somehow makes it appear shorter while simultaneously the tip seems to be attempting to fly off her face.
Finally, the tilted mouth is giving me SMT flashbacks.

Reactions: BloodyRelight

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I'm not saying it's worse from a quality standpoint, but I feel like that almost looks like a different character. Not sure if it's the eye details or the different angle on the smile, but the original has kind of a naturally sad or somber look to her, while the bottom is more just a average happier look. Maybe you don't want her to look somber though, lol.

At least bring back the choker. Chokers are hot. :)
I liked the old version better. The eyes gave her the vibe of someone who has seen some shit. The new brighter hair and happy eyes feels like an older woman pining for her cheerleader days. The tilted nose somehow makes it appear shorter while simultaneously the tip seems to be attempting to fly off her face.
Finally, the tilted mouth is giving me SMT flashbacks.
I had to change it because Shino wasn't meant to be a "sleepy"/"dead eyes" character who had a horrible life. Overall, she's meant to look as a bright, beautiful, and smart character. Then, after her first look, you can see all her problems like her alcoholism, how, despite her knowledge, she can't do anything at her job. etc.
And she still uses the choker, but in Chapter 1 she's mostly with her witch clothes... soo...

Ismjahson

Aug 14, 2018
I had to change it because Shino wasn't meant to be a "sleepy"/"dead eyes" character who had a horrible life. Overall, she's meant to look as a bright, beautiful, and smart character. Then, after her first look, you can see all her problems like her alcoholism, how, despite her knowledge, she can't do anything at her job. etc.
And she still uses the choker, but in Chapter 1 she's mostly with her witch clothes... soo...
A character change that looks worse? I'm getting flashbacks to Sylphine. In fact, I'm getting quite a lot of them.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
I think it's just because we're used to her looking one way. Also, chokers are hot.

We'll get used to her current appearance in time though, and we'll be ok with it then.

Good luck getting it out, I'm looking forward to reliving Christmas soon.

Reactions: IulianMP00 and ayy

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I think it's just because we're used to her looking one way. Also, chokers are hot.

We'll get used to her current appearance in time though, and we'll be ok with it then.

Good luck getting it out, I'm looking forward to reliving Christmas soon.
Maybe it's that, I'm used to this "new" Shino, and I look at the previous one and she's like, really, really ugly for me xD
I wasn't able to do a single freaking expression with her

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
I will upvote any post involving chokers on hot women.

Also Komisari release a goddamned update. Theres devs out here trickle feeding updates with minutes of content, and then on the other extreme theres you holding onto it like a constipated turd. LET IT OUT.

Ismjahson

Aug 14, 2018
She... really looks worse?
Oh my, I'm finding out I have terrible taste, or what
Were people complaining about the current look en mass? Because if not, it seems like a waste of time to change what was a good design, for a design that people could very well say looks worse. Going back and redesigning characters is the start to a slippery slope.

ganesha2407

Nov 6, 2020
Maybe it's that, I'm used to this "new" Shino, and I look at the previous one and she's like, really, really ugly for me xD
I wasn't able to do a single freaking expression with her
well I'm not hate the current Shino,
but i agree to others people above me,
she's like different characters lmao.
but if that's because she got confident or got character development in quick time because she become a witch in prologue,i think it's fine.

M̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶g̶i̶r̶l̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶L̶u̶c̶y̶ ̶&̶ ̶S̶u̶n̶n̶y̶ ̶̶a̶n̶y̶w̶a̶y̶.

Reactions: Elyauris

icegoalie35

Sep 6, 2018
Komi I read your post about Shino's new design and I will trust you for now, although I prefer the old look. Any other "fixes" and I will go 100% panic mode.

Last edited:

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Komi I read your post about Shino's new design and I will trust you for now, although I prefer the old look. Any other "fixes" and I will go 100% panic mode.
Nono, don't worry, all other characters almost look the exact same. Shino looks quite similar, is not a big change, she just needed that change to not be... well... dead 24/7.
Most of the characters just had a small change on their nose or brows, when the characters are in profile, they don't have the disgusting rat nose, hahaha
1675402795350.png
1675402819000.png

This is Evie as an example, she's basically the same, just a little bit taller.
1675403046337.png

But...
1675403077838.png

xD literally 90% of the v0.1.2 characters had that nose, idk why, it seemed I neder did profile renders.
Idk if "profile" is the right word, you know, the head facing to the right/left of the camera.

You won't see more changes than those, I will never "rework" my characters again. The only character that had a full rework in Chapter 1 is Leon, but that guy appeared 0.2 microseconds in the tutorial of the game and never appeared again, so it doesn't matter.
Oh well, and the monster tree in the forest. But that's because I literally took a public design from somewhere, some other games where using it so I changed it entirely, but it's 100% better, to my opinion.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Were people complaining about the current look en mass? Because if not, it seems like a waste of time to change what was a good design, for a design that people could very well say looks worse. Going back and redesigning characters is the start to a slippery slope.
Shino was definitely the worst girl, she, in no way, looked as pretty as the other girls. People hate her, believe me, the number of comments you see of "Omg I love Lucy" is equal to the number of comments of "Shino sucks, delete her.".
(Of course, this is quite boosted by her behavior in the game, but people keep saying she's really ugly)

At the end of the prologue she wants to start doing witchery, she needed to look better and at least be able to look prettier like the other girls.
The change I did is not even counted as a rework, and I don't think it's a radical change. It's just the same Shino but with her eyes more open and a more defined makeup on the eyelashes.

She's the typical nitpicky-city-blonde girl that wears modern clothes, takes at least an hour to do her make-up every day, cares about how she looks and she's really social. The dead eyes and somber look weren't doing the work on her xD

BloodyRelight

Aug 3, 2017
A character change that looks worse? I'm getting flashbacks to Sylphine. In fact, I'm getting quite a lot of them.
Reminds me of what they did to Lily in corrupted kingdoms a few years back. He had to change quite a few models and most of them were okay but lily lost her more somber look.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
I was thinking about the story, Komi, would you mind telling me something?

If I recall correctly, the mc rescues his family from a demoness who was sent (only to scare them.) He survives fighting her because she puts him on a log and pushes him down a river, letting fate decide whether he lives or dies.

Then he becomes a town hero and later on his sister and mom come to the town with the demoness. If I remember right: The sister seems to think you're dead, and is a bit shocked when she sees you.

Why is she fighting in defense of a demon that almost knowingly killed you when she gets to the town? Why is she so insistent we give her a chance even when she herself didn't know whether you'd live or die? Why did she ardently support a demon that could have potentially killed you with her actions and caused the family to separate to begin with?

c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
Shino was definitely the worst girl
I agree. She was without a doubt my least favorite girl.

she, in no way, looked as pretty as the other girls.
I disagree. She's beautiful in her own way. I favored all the others above her not due to her appearance, but her character. Everybody brings something to the table as a persona, everyone besides Shino. She felt more like she was filling in a role instead of being a character, with her defining characteristics being: Medical knowledge and the fact that she's probably drunk somewhere.
It's an issue I expected to resolve, eventually sobs, itself with screen time.

Reactions: Elyauris

ErisT

Mar 13, 2020
She... really looks worse?
Oh my, I'm finding out I have terrible taste, or what
I didn't mean to start anything negative with my comment! Like I said and you responded to, I don't know if she was ever even supposed to look somber or "dead-eyed" in the first place. She's not worse, just different!

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Why is she fighting in defense of a demon that almost knowingly killed you when she gets to the town? Why is she so insistent we give her a chance even when she herself didn't know whether you'd live or die? Why did she ardently support a demon that could have potentially killed you with her actions and caused the family to separate to begin with?
Leticia, Ari and Elizabeth don't travel together with Narissa. I'm sure both Leticia and Elizabeth hates the demon that tried to separate them.
But there is a scene with Ari and Narissa where Narissa tells her that her friend is alive and that she should accept the proposal of going to Sealed Town, that he's there.
Ari doesn't believe a thing, and says lots of stuff to Narissa. She then goes to MC's town and finds him there. By that time Ari knows that the real guilt of that situation is Leon and, now that Narissa wants to talk, she wants MC to, at least, listen to what she has to say.
Narissa, during all this time, is hiding somewhere.

And, why would Ari give a chance to Narissa, when she just gambled MC's life?
Well, because Ari doesn't know that, nor even the MC.

I'm sure both would react pretty different if they know she just gambled his life. But Narissa doesn't see the problem, because she had
letting fate decide whether he lives or dies.
And this quote is quite important to Narissa's beliefs, that's why she doesn't see the problem.
And the MC and Ari are willing to listen to what Narissa has to say... Because they don't know what Narissa did, but Narissa, at least, was telling the truth to Ari.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: KingWeWuz
4.40 star(s) 207 Votes