MrHatIsHere

Jan 18, 2022
Whenever I talk to luna this is what happens

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script/tutorial.rpy", line 382, in script call
""
File "game/script/tutorial.rpy", line 423, in script call
""
File "game/script/guild_nav.rpy", line 1339, in script call
""
File "game/script/lake.rpy", line 70, in script call
""
File "game/script/guild_nav.rpy", line 95, in script call
""
File "game/script/market.rpy", line 274, in script call
""
File "game/script/shino.rpy", line 55, in script call
call expression talkingto pass (side=side) from _call_expression_44
File "game/script/shino.rpy", line 50, in script call
call expression talkingto pass (side=side) from _call_expression_43
File "game/script/market.rpy", line 30, in script call
""
File "game/script/script.rpy", line 117, in script call
$pause(0.75)
File "game/script/town_stairs.rpy", line 18, in script call
""
File "game/script/luna.rpy", line 55, in script
menu .talk(talk=side):
File "game/script/luna.rpy", line 57, in <module>
"Cat"(img=["gui/exclamation.png"]) if luna.talkSys("cat") and luna.level < 6:
File "game/script/girls.rpy", line 554, in talkSys
return ((string not in self.talk) and eval(self.menuTalk[string]["condition"]) and (self.location_id in self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] or self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] == []))
KeyError: u'cat'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script/tutorial.rpy", line 382, in script call
""
File "game/script/tutorial.rpy", line 423, in script call
""
File "game/script/guild_nav.rpy", line 1339, in script call
""
File "game/script/lake.rpy", line 70, in script call
""
File "game/script/guild_nav.rpy", line 95, in script call
""
File "game/script/market.rpy", line 274, in script call
""
File "game/script/shino.rpy", line 55, in script call
call expression talkingto pass (side=side) from _call_expression_44
File "game/script/shino.rpy", line 50, in script call
call expression talkingto pass (side=side) from _call_expression_43
File "game/script/market.rpy", line 30, in script call
""
File "game/script/script.rpy", line 117, in script call
$pause(0.75)
File "game/script/town_stairs.rpy", line 18, in script call
""
File "game/script/luna.rpy", line 55, in script
menu .talk(talk=side):
File "E:\GameZ\Heros_Harem_Guild-v0.1.2-pc\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\ast.py", line 1628, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "E:\GameZ\Heros_Harem_Guild-v0.1.2-pc\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\exports.py", line 956, in menu
condition = renpy.python.py_eval(condition)
File "E:\GameZ\Heros_Harem_Guild-v0.1.2-pc\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "E:\GameZ\Heros_Harem_Guild-v0.1.2-pc\HHG v0.1.2.1\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script/luna.rpy", line 57, in <module>
"Cat"(img=["gui/exclamation.png"]) if luna.talkSys("cat") and luna.level < 6:
File "game/script/girls.rpy", line 554, in talkSys
return ((string not in self.talk) and eval(self.menuTalk[string]["condition"]) and (self.location_id in self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] or self.menuTalk[string]["locations"] == []))
KeyError: u'cat'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Heros Harem Guild v0.1.2.1
Sat Apr 29 10:21:40 2023
```
I encountered the same thing. I suspect that certain parts of this game were updated, but other corresponding components were not. I encountered such an issue with "addGallery" in "girls.rpy", and I created what seems to be a fix by changing the references to what they seemed to be now. I'm not sure if that is the issue here, nor how to fix it in this example.

Reactions: cmanzmstr

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
I've looked through the code, and I think I've found a fix:

For "addGallery" in "girls.rpy":
Python:
        def addGallery(self,string):
            if not string in self.galleryArray and not _in_replay:
                self.galleryArray.append(string)
                name = self.galleryEvents[string]["name"]
                notification(string=_("{color=%s}%s{/color} scene unlocked"%(self.color,name)))
should be changed to

Python:
        def addGallery(self,string):
            stringName = self.name+"_"+string
            stringName = stringName.lower()
            if not stringName in self.galleryArray and not _in_replay:
                self.galleryArray.append(stringName)
                name = self.galleryEvents[stringName]["name"]
                notification(string=_("{color=%s}%s{/color} scene unlocked"%(self.color,name)))
Thank you so much for providing a temporal fix, this doesn't fix the gallery that are already unlocked, tho!
We are testing new version where most stuff is fixed! Sorry for the delay

Rightseal

May 10, 2018
Komisari, I really impressed your game. It's incredible how you combined storytelling, humor and lewd scenes. I hope that chapter 1 will be on the same level with snowy event.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Thank you so much for providing a temporal fix, this doesn't fix the gallery that are already unlocked, tho!
We are testing new version where most stuff is fixed! Sorry for the delay
Any plans on changing or at least balancing the fishing minigame? Espacially the christmas change?

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Any plans on changing or at least balancing the fishing minigame? Espacially the christmas change?
Everything will change and will be reworked.
I'm working on prologue stuff, I will re-check the Christmas minigame later. For users with good fps, the difficulty is okay. The problem is users with lag.
Instead of making it easier, I should focus on try to make it faster for everyone.

Reactions: Kantanshi

Boopeeman

Jun 14, 2020
The only thing the incest patch does is trigger the alternative dialogue that is already written in the game script. Basically the script is mostly the same but with the patch it triggers different dialogues at certain scenes. I actually prefer it this way than the stupid lazy way ''Mom/Landlady" variables, kudos to Komi for that honestly. as I showed here, the problem in the scene you mention has to be fixed on his side. Probably will be fixed on the next game patch.
what's the eta on this

• Haha
Reactions: Sir_EatsALot

Alucard1666

Mar 10, 2018
Hi Komisari,

You've got any plans on allowing the player to play or replay season events like Halloween and Christmas out of their season via skill tree unlockable?

Speppo82

Jun 21, 2020
Hi Komisari,

You've got any plans on allowing the player to play or replay season events like Halloween and Christmas out of their season via skill tree unlockable?
About Halloween you must change ur real time to November, and about xmas I think you need to start a new game

KDBA

Apr 24, 2019
The performance during xmas fishing is so bad that I can't even defeat Shino. The dragon thing gets like two frames total.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
The performance during xmas fishing is so bad that I can't even defeat Shino. The dragon thing gets like two frames total.
You can ignore the entire minigame, please do it until I find the solution.
I believe this one will be hard to fix, so, enjoy the other events.

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
You can ignore the entire minigame, please do it until I find the solution.
I believe this one will be hard to fix, so, enjoy the other events.
Once you do your upgrade to renpy 8.0.3 it should fix the mini game issue. Much more stable. Everything is smoother.

Reactions: HogRocket

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019
Once you do your upgrade to renpy 8.0.3 it should fix the mini game issue. Much more stable. Everything is smoother.
Yes, not only that but I'm porting everything I did for Chapter 1 and the testers are crazy about it. Most of the stuff is smooth as butter.

I just need a couple of days to make sure the version is completely okay to release to everyone.

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
When I press on the actions choice on Evie, Shino, Faia (only at the entrance) or Luna they just smile at me and no actions pop up. Is this a bug or something?
Its not a bug. Not sure if there are scenes for every character but the option only works in certain locations. I know Fara's works in the kitchen and Lucy's in the living room. You might also have to be at a certain lvl with them for it to work too.

meanmike

Apr 1, 2019
They changed the rules, they are no longer linking compressed posts in the OP (well they still are on some, I don't know), they told us not to report our compressed posts anymore, just following the rules.
i kind of get it, I wouldnt want to be pinged for hundreds of new compressions, but they could just link to a different thread for compressed versions in the OP and have people post in that thread for new versions if they want to compress it there. Cause now it's going to be hundreds of people who dont use search asking for compressed (Even when I searched it took a while to find it)

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
i kind of get it, I wouldnt want to be pinged for hundreds of new compressions, but they could just link to a different thread for compressed versions in the OP and have people post in that thread for new versions if they want to compress it there. Cause now it's going to be hundreds of people who dont use search asking for compressed (Even when I searched it took a while to find it)
There is already 100's asking, even in the compression thread. There is not that many compressed posts in a 24 hour time frame, max 20.

They just don't have enough staff/uploaders and they are needed to upload the main game, and also needed elsewhere.

Reactions: meanmike

meanmike

Apr 1, 2019
Well thanks anyway for compressing it, I have a data cap and can't download anything without compressors

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
For those of you using Mega to download the game, or any large download. You don't need to wait a day to finish downloading. If you use a VPN (I use Private Internet Access), you can change the VPN IP, refresh the download page on F95, go back to Mega and continue downloading.

Reactions: crustlord12

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
I'm already searching for Koikatsu creators, the problem is that some are really difficult to find as I have a specific way of doing stuff.
But, will definitely search for help, in one way or another.
You might have more luck finding people who can write the ren'py and can just implement the graphics and text that you already have, its most likely to the most widespread skill.

Heck, a lot of us who know programming (I am a developer) go in and modify ren'py games all the time to fix bugs or enable/disable things, etc. It might be most effective to look for part-time assistance there since people can use the existing content as templates for new additions, etc.

You might also just spend it on playtesting - this dialogue stuff that popped up here is so obvious that it's pretty clear no one playtested this with the tutorial enabled and tried to play through a fresh game before you put this out, or they would definitely have encountered it and you would have been able to fix it in 5 minutes before release instead of afterwards.

Those kinds of things can give you a bigger bang for your buck than graphical creators, even though they may save less time overall, as I know the scene creation/rendering can be very time-consuming (that also means it will be very expensive)

akasoldier994

Feb 14, 2020
Man am I upset.... Snowy update finally released... and I couldn't play it because I injured one of my eyes over the weekend. I finally played some of it today though as my eye is feeling a bit better and I'm not screaming in agony by trying to look at the computer screen. The "updates" to your methods are paying off. The animation clipping is much better now, all around improvement in general. Thank you Komi, I appreciate what you are doing despite the hell some people are putting you through. My only advice is to get someone to help you with the wording. There are many instances where the English is a bit off. Not criticizing or anything, English is a pain in the ass to get right considering sentence structure and word tense etc. For instance, for the fishing reel, it should not be "stucked", it is just "stuck". Honestly, that's all I really have to say that may be considered negative. I've loved your game since I first played it and I am happy to see some activity. I had hope that more was to come and just waited. Thank you.

To those of you that are still complaining, here's my advice. Just unwatch this thread and go find another game. You will never be happy with anything. You are miserable and wallow in it. A person can fix one problem so you feel you need to find another thing to harp on. Over and over. Find something else in life that you enjoy so you can stop being an eyesore to society. Letting it be known that you are unhappy with something is fine, but the vitriolic BS that's been posted in here is entirely unnecessary.

To those of you having errors. Either scan through the thread or learn how to use the search function. I think it's been mentioned about a dozen times to get the patch and the problem should be fixed. Stop being lazy and waiting for a notification that someone replied to you.

To those of you who are harping on "I waited 2/3 years for THIS!?!". Seriously, you are just lazy and don't actually follow the forum discussion. The Snowy update didn't take 2/3 years. It took 5/6 months. Komi took a break from chapter 1 to try and give us all at least a little bit to do. Yes, it took Komi longer than he expected. No, no one specifically ASKED for a holiday event. I sincerely believe he just wanted to get at least something out for those of us patiently waiting as a way of thanks. Personally, I appreciate it.

To people who are having problems with the fishing game or any of the other cheats. Search the forum for "universal ren'py mod". It is an in-game mod system that lets you change variables and such. No, I'm not going to give you the link. Learn to search the forum. Also for the fishing game if you do not want to use a cheat mod, you could try using a macro editor (AutoHotKey) to create a script to auto reel the fishing pole for you. I've done that in the past due to the fact I broke my wrist a while back and some motions are painful.

Komi started this game from ground zero. He's been learning how to do all of this as he goes. Programming, custom Koikatsu animation, procedural dungeons and such. Instead of taking the easy route and just finishing the game in the original version of Renpy it started with, he's updating to the new version and learning how to change his code which throws a wrench in the works. Having to relearn processes and syntax. It's not the average cookie cutter VN that is all the rage. It's different with new mechanics. Show some appreciation.

In the end, Komi has straight up admitted the errors he has made in this process. He's not hiding anything. He's taking in the advice that people are offering him. Changing the small delays, deciding to release chapter 1 in chunks instead of whole etc. No one is perfect people. I'm not putting him on a pedestal either. I'm just understanding of the process and that not everyone is as quick as others. I'd rather play a game that is released more slowly and shows improvement in graphics and methods over time than a game that is released and updated quickly with all the same errors being made over and over with no attempt to fix them.

P.S. If you think it can be done better/quicker? Put up or shut up. Don't compare him to other devs. Put your effort into making a game of equal or better quality then MAYBE I'll consider something you have to complain about.
I can't imagine being such a cuck that you defend this asshole. "Put up or shut up just make your own game". How about no. I'm glad I never donated a single cent to this con artist. You got a Christmas update in April.... and wasn't chapter 1 supposed to release by the end of 2022? Perhaps I'm mistaken but yeah, nobody with any critical thinking skills is falling for this. He might be working again now because he realized people are catching on to his bullshit.

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes