SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
Congrats Smokey on making this, its one of the best v0.1 games I have ever seen. The renders are great, the setting is great, and most importantly, it has a good amount of content.

The only thing that bugged me was the text. Dark grey on light grey, especially on the corners where it fades and the background is also dark grey, it makes things quite unreadable.
There will be a complete ui rework hopefully soon.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Interesting game. Finally not another incest. Great renders and fine writing. Overall complexity has to be polished for sure at this point but it will grow. I wouldn't mind some male competition in a future but aside of that very enjoyable and has some great potential

Xzuku

Oct 8, 2017
This game is looking pretty good! I'm excited for future of this game! It has a bunch of features from a couple of my favourite games.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
(This review has been moved to the review section above, for this thread)

Last edited:

Mordar

Jun 20, 2017
probably because of the overwhelming amount of grind the game appears it will have
I do not agree in here. For me a game must have a competition, something you need to earn so you can appreciate the later reward. Thats why I don't like visual novels. They are boring and you can not progress. This game however is about rising and getting successful - that’s what the title promises. So to have an immersion in the story, in the beginning you must build up a setup of being a low guy daily roboting at work and being under pressure by the somewhat complicated girlfriend. And smokey does a wonderful job here to build this scenario. I dont belive, it will stay that way and you would have to grind for the rest of your life.

The game promises to have thousands of possibilities to reward you for your work and make your life easier. I seems like the “grind” gets changed with the time. I agree in games like SuperPowered and even BigBrother you loose the immersion because you find yourself doing the very same thing for hours. But in this game I rather believe, you find various ways to progress and get to be very powerful in the end. (Love it - I always wanted to be the boss ;) )

Reactions: Arkle99

SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
I do not agree in here. For me a game must have a competition, something you need to earn so you can appreciate the later reward. Thats why I don't like visual novels. They are boring and you can not progress. This game however is about rising and getting successful - that’s what the title promises. So to have an immersion in the story, in the beginning you must build up a setup of being a low guy daily roboting at work and being under pressure by the somewhat complicated girlfriend. And smokey does a wonderful job here to build this scenario. I dont belive, it will stay that way and you would have to grind for the rest of your life.

The game promises to have thousands of possibilities to reward you for your work and make your life easier. I seems like the “grind” gets changed with the time. I agree in games like SuperPowered and even BigBrother you loose the immersion because you find yourself doing the very same thing for hours. But in this game I rather believe, you find various ways to progress and get to be very powerful in the end. (Love it - I always wanted to be the boss ;) )
Thanks Mordar for the support, really you make the highs high, and the lows, well high too. Bro love :)

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017

If you look at the chat and interaction options when dealing with other characters, it is practically exactly the same system as SuperPowered, just with a different user interface... I was making a comparrison how the basic game mechanics between the two games, looks extremely similar for the moment...

Now, I'm not saying this VN/game will be anything like Superpowered or others of it's ilk, but the potential is there for that to be the case... That is why i mentioned that I will wait a while before revisiting, to reassess how the game is progressing to see if my current inclinations were wrong, or right on the money...

I don't mind doing a small amount of grinding, as long as it doesn't become burdensome and tedious... I want to enjoy some story without having to spend hours grinding just to see the story at all... Will that be the case with this one? I don't know, but the potential is there...

SmokeyDots

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2017
If you look at the chat and interaction options when dealing with other characters, it is practically exactly the same system as SuperPowered, just with a different user interface... I was making a comparrison how the basic game mechanics between the two games, looks extremely similar for the moment...

Now, I'm not saying this VN/game will be anything like Superpowered or others of it's ilk, but the potential is there for that to be the case... That is why i mentioned that I will wait a while before revisiting, to reassess how the game is progressing to see if my current inclinations were wrong, or right on the money...

I don't mind doing a small amount of grinding, as long as it doesn't become burdensome and tedious... I want to enjoy some story without having to spend hours grinding just to see the story at all... Will that be the case with this one? I don't know, but the potential is there...
Zippy I just want you to know that your concerns has been noted and is one of the primary concerns of a lot of players. My goal from the start was to make a content/event driven stats game and the grind can be tweaked fairly easily by either lowering xp requirements and/or raising xp gains. I want to create a game that has the content available for both kind of players with those that are willing to grind to some degree getting slightly more content. Hopefully in future updates, I can show this concept.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Zippy I just want you to know that your concerns has been noted and is one of the primary concerns of a lot of players. My goal from the start was to make a content/event driven stats game and the grind can be tweaked fairly easily by either lowering xp requirements and/or raising xp gains. I want to create a game that has the content available for both kind of players with those that are willing to grind to some degree getting slightly more content. Hopefully in future updates, I can show this concept.
My review is primarily based on the current experience with the vn/game, and because it's so early into development, I would not doubt that not everything will stay as it seems currently... I do look forward to seeing how it develops, and I will most likely revisit it a little down the road... I just saw the similarities, and was fearful it may be headed down that same grindy road... But as you mentioned, you don't intend for it to be as bad as the other games, and I really hope that rings true, because I see potential...

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
0.1a bugfixes free
PC

MAC
@Dole - Thank you for the update links.
Updated the OP :eek:penedeyewink:

3.90 star(s) 110 Votes