JRD

Feb 4, 2018
Welp i dont know how to play poker

I didn't read the article too closely but that should help with the basics.

If you have a face card and a 10 before the flop, I'd say call or bet small (to draw your opponent in and see the flop). If you have a pair or face cards before the flop, definitely bet the pot or more to try to force them to fold. Don't chase a flush or a straight after fourth street, just fold and move on to the next hand. Never discount 3 of a kind (aka: trips), and sometimes a low pair can scoop a pot if you can tell opponent is weak/bluffing.

Don't worry about calling either the blinds or a small pot pre-flop and then folding if you're big-stacking. If you're low-stacked then it's best to play tight and not go all-in or bet big unless you know for sure that you have the better hand.

(Disclaimer: this is advice only for the poker in HI, not at a real table; I play loose in HI, tight at a real table)

That being said, the way poker is coded in HI isn't the best (and probably isn't supposed to be), and at times I felt like the girls would dump a big pot to the player when they shouldn't have. Sometimes I'd just always hit "call" out of boredom and end up winning after 10 or 15 mins.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: italianstallionxxx

JRD

Feb 4, 2018
I'm definitely looking forward to v.09! Threads here tend to be quiet for the less popular games until updates are released when there are questions and requests.

Big AlA

Mar 12, 2018
I'm definitely looking forward to v.09! Threads here tend to be quiet for the less popular games until updates are released when there are questions and requests.
I don't understand how this game is not popular. I have tried all those on the so called popular list and very few are as enjoyable as this one.

Reactions: JRD

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Exposure I believe, possibly also that for the intial period it was rather obscure how to get the girls. And that the adult game market is very oriented towards niche instead of mainstream as its current stage of life.

- Holiday Island is not all that exposed on the most high traffic sites, so it can actually be rather tricky to "discover" it. Which obviously makes growth slower. Likely the most obvious reason, also been discussed before in thread.

-That even if rather dedicated it was until recently rather tricky to work around the scenes and get them, so there is an initial "wall" to newcomers that likely filter some potential patreons out.

The help section and intro should likely explain the phone and the tips there to get scenes even better to alliviate the "how on earth do I do that" problem (will reduce itself as more content is added as the rng will then hit content much more often by chance).

- The trend over the last years have been into never never land of niche (everything is a copy+paste incest, demon domination, corruption squared with more corruption to ... is there a word for more corruption than corruption?, forced non-consensual competing with JP on weird things game ... to each their own mind you, we all have preference but still, all that is super niche, in general).

Which somewhat leaves mainstream (which this very much is) as a smaller niche than the niches. Since those looking for mainstream simply dont go to those sites. So the mainstream in this market is bizarrely the niche.

The niches simply bloat the mainstream out (which will change over time I believe for quality games as this, even steam is slowly letting adult games in and some do well) so one needs to grow the market first with good games as this game.

If Holiday island ex. was allowed launched in its final version on a mainstream (extreme example here) ex. Stream. it would be likely to do very good because it ticks of most boxes that the mainstream market would go for, ex Busty babes, babe quality is sky high, Large volume of girls, Busty is very solid move in mainstream, vanilla, vanilla+ and roleplay sex with desirable women. And add to this surprisingly decent writing & above and beyond developer support.

Disclaimer : all imo of course

HUGEfan

Jan 28, 2018
Exposure I believe, possibly also that for the intial period it was rather obscure how to get the girls. And that the adult game market is very oriented towards niche instead of mainstream as its current stage of life.

- Holiday Island is not all that exposed on the most high traffic sites, so it can actually be rather tricky to "discover" it. Which obviously makes growth slower. Likely the most obvious reason, also been discussed before in thread.

-That even if rather dedicated it was until recently rather tricky to work around the scenes and get them, so there is an initial "wall" to newcomers that likely filter some potential patreons out.

The help section and intro should likely explain the phone and the tips there to get scenes even better to alliviate the "how on earth do I do that" problem (will reduce itself as more content is added as the rng will then hit content much more often by chance).

- The trend over the last years have been into never never land of niche (everything is a copy+paste incest, demon domination, corruption squared with more corruption to ... is there a word for more corruption than corruption?, forced non-consensual competing with JP on weird things game ... to each their own mind you, we all have preference but still, all that is super niche, in general).

Which somewhat leaves mainstream (which this very much is) as a smaller niche than the niches. Since those looking for mainstream simply dont go to those sites. So the mainstream in this market is bizarrely the niche.

The niches simply bloat the mainstream out (which will change over time I believe for quality games as this, even steam is slowly letting adult games in and some do well) so one needs to grow the market first with good games as this game.

If Holiday island ex. was allowed launched in its final version on a mainstream (extreme example here) ex. Stream. it would be likely to do very good because it ticks of most boxes that the mainstream market would go for, ex Busty babes, babe quality is sky high, Large volume of girls, Busty is very solid move in mainstream, vanilla, vanilla+ and roleplay sex with desirable women. And add to this surprisingly decent writing & above and beyond developer support.

Disclaimer : all imo of course
Yes, I agree. The frightening thing is this game still has so much potential to grow. The things that the developer can add here are limitless. Love it & can't wait to see what comes next.

Reactions: JRD

JRD

Feb 4, 2018
I don't understand how this game is not popular. I have tried all those on the so called popular list and very few are as enjoyable as this one.
Couldn't agree more. After testing the game with a $1 pledge I immediately increased to a higher tier as it's a REALLY well made game. Darkhound's renders are amazing in their attention to detail and overall quality, developer interaction with the Patreon community is fantastic, and the clear path that they chart for future updates is a real breath of fresh air.

Then again, I also agree with Partanen about more people derailing the thread ;)

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Darkhound is on a week vacation (easter) so no poll was done yet.

Easter Holidays are usually Thursday (today), Friday, Sunday and Monday in northern and central European countries (Darkhound is German I believe?). So it is very common to take the week before off (mon - wed).

Would assume Monday, likely Tuesday before new things happens, just a guess of course.

From Patreon, posed 24th of March.

- I will be away on holidays for one week starting later today, so there won't be any updates during that time.

kenderio

Dec 29, 2017
For a next version I would like them to include some threesome scene and it would not be bad for some bisexual guy or some option to include

Reactions: Big AlA

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Darkhound is on a week vacation (easter) so no poll was done yet.

Easter Holidays are usually Thursday (today), Friday, Sunday and Monday in northern and central European countries (Darkhound is German I believe?). So it is very common to take the week before off (mon - wed).

Would assume Monday, likely Tuesday before new things happens, just a guess of course.

From Patreon, posed 24th of March.

- I will be away on holidays for one week starting later today, so there won't be any updates during that time.
Yup, still two days away from home :)
After that I need to finish 0.09alpha before the girl selection poll for 0.1.0beta will be added.
Probably one or two other polls for 0.1.0 content will be done too.

byjgio80

Apr 27, 2017
hi all, i have a problem with alice tanning topless on the beach, with jennifer it was easy, but with alice i can't.
i'm alone with her and she wears the skimpy bikini.
thx

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
hi all, i have a problem with alice tanning topless on the beach, with jennifer it was easy, but with alice i can't.
i'm alone with her and she wears the skimpy bikini.
thx
I'm guessing you meant Jessica and not Jennifer. For starters Alice needs to be in her Blue bikini. After that I have no idea what you have tried so it is hard to offer suggestions. Unless you do not want to play the game and just want a step-by-step walkthrough. Put Alice in her blue bikini and try a few different things and then report back.

Reactions: Angus Bez

jhose15xs

Sep 1, 2017
i have a problem with the new asian, the body don't fit with the face at all.
or i'm racist for think than the asians must be flat?

4.10 star(s) 213 Votes