lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
Hi, I need help with following problem: Sauna with Ivett on Tu/Fr.
As you can see her, she`s at the spa area:
1657220849075.png
1657220849075.png But then, I can chosse whatever (actions with Yvette, Intimate, choose sauna button), nothing helps, the sauna is always empty

I've got it one time, and I sneaked in successfully (see next picture), and since that, I never get her into the sauna
1657221472287.png
Is it possible that this wrong sequence blocks the other scenes ? And what can I do ? Any help will be appreciated

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Hi, I need help with following problem: Sauna with Ivett on Tu/Fr.
As you can see her, she`s at the spa area:
View attachment 1913043
View attachment 1913043 But then, I can chosse whatever (actions with Yvette, Intimate, choose sauna button), nothing helps, the sauna is always empty
Yvette needs to actually be in the sauna, not just the spa area. Easiest way to determine when that happens, is to 'pin' Yvette in the upper left of your screen (see attached). When her location says 'Sauna' then go to the spa and then the sauna, on Tues. or Fri. the co-ed days. Then proceed with either sneaking in, or
walking in.

Capture.JPG

lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
Yvette needs to actually be in the sauna, not just the spa area. Easiest way to determine when that happens, is to 'pin' Yvette in the upper left of your screen (see attached). When her location says 'Sauna' then go to the spa and then the sauna, on Tues. or Fri. the co-ed days. Then proceed with either sneaking in, or
walking in.

View attachment 1913081
Thanks for the hint, but up to now it didn't help. There I've seen e.g. Volleyball, which ist not showing as a location, but sauna didn't appear.

DickBobyson

Dec 25, 2018
It amazes me after all this years of developing, the triggers in the game have only gotten more contrived and convoluted to actually work. I shouldn't have to read a walkthrough for a walkthrough for why a trigger is not working.

Edit: Case in point - the dude commenting 2 messages before mine. This is exactly what I'm talking about. The dev seriously needs to reevaluate that aspect, it's the worst part of his game yet it is constantly overlooked. Imagine playing 3.5 as your first version having to deal with this. We (long time players) are all here still because we only have to deal with so much each individual update.

Last edited:

Aereon1104

May 12, 2019
It amazes me after all this years of developing, the triggers in the game have only gotten more contrived and convoluted to actually work. I shouldn't have to read a walkthrough for a walkthrough for why a trigger is not working.
Exactly, not only for the juicy stuff but from a game design perspective. This is not a 80s business software, a manual cannot be a requirement to play
1657231769660.png

DickBobyson

Dec 25, 2018
It tells me people don't know how to use the in game guide.
because the in game guide is terrible. now im talking in circles. refer back to my comment about terrible triggers.

I just spent an hour trying to get Alice and Jennifer bar scene to trigger AN HOUR with no success. I followed the guide, sooooooo???

Last edited:

DickBobyson

Dec 25, 2018
Tells me that lots are people are lazy, can't read, and think that a save will let them see all the content...which it does not !!
Youre right a save file does not solve that. Because there is no gallery either for some bizarre reason. you can relive the moment through your phone through CG images, easily could just make a gallery.

My point is, yes people are lazy, but there is a looming problem about the gameplay and its mechanics about this game. People are wanting to avoid it for a reason.

Reactions: Aereon1104

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
The why would you waste your time playing Holiday Island if it is so screwed up? Maybe you should consider investing your time in developing a game that addresses and eliminates all the shortcomings that you and 'others' bring up. I and probably most of the 'regulars' will eagerly await its release and maybe even support you via Patreon or similar.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Youre right a save file does not solve that. Because there is no gallery either for some bizarre reason. you can relive the moment through your phone through CG images, easily could just make a gallery.

My point is, yes people are lazy, but there is a looming problem about the gameplay and its mechanics about this game. People are wanting to avoid it for a reason.
All games get "full save" spammers regardless of the game machanics, even ones that hardly have any.

Holiday island pushes the boundaries of what can be done in renpy and some gameplay/mechanics work, some not so much, but the game (yes, I called it a game and not a VN!!) Is still evolving and things get upgraded and changed.

But having a replay gallery and giving out saves just promotes the lazy, "I want to see all without doing anything" voyeur's... not actual players.

cesid

Nov 2, 2019
There is already a trainer to get the core of the game: make the girls flash their boobs whenever you want and wherever you want. The other are just fixed scenes in specific places and time but you have little control with them.

alecroberts

Jul 8, 2022
IMHO, the root of this disagreement is the fact that this game is actually just that: a game. The way to experience its content is to play it. This is in contrast to most other Ren'Py "games" on here, which are really just VNs.

(btw, I do agree that the in-game guide has room for improvement. However, the suggestion that new players would be intimidated by the lack of a comprehensive guide is silly to me. A new player could play the game organically for many, many hours before running out of content. The guide is really just for the hardcores who want to see everything, imo.)

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
IMHO, the root of this disagreement is the fact that this game is actually just that: a game. The way to experience its content is to play it. This is in contrast to most other Ren'Py "games" on here, which are really just VNs.

(btw, I do agree that the in-game guide has room for improvement. However, the suggestion that new players would be intimidated by the lack of a comprehensive guide is silly to me. A new player could play the game organically for many, many hours before running out of content. The guide is really just for the hardcores who want to see everything, imo.)
I normally don't quote posts like yours and just add a "like" instead.
But this time, I'll make an exception, because I have to say that you're writing exactly how I feel about it. I couldn't agree more with your statement.
To everyone else: If you agree, don't like my post, but like his :)

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 213 Votes