zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
This have nothing to do with perspective (or maybe this is the first game you have played and have nothing to compare).

Bad is bad !!! (and I play over 30 years games)

You must play Sara free then remember that you can see her only on Friday and so on.

And the other scenes,events that are random was in the past aso difficult to unlock and now Sara and this is not only one point in the Quest I said it before I am at the second point.

And when the hint say I have to meet in some days Sara to drink with her a beer and you waste in game months that have nothing to do with days.

So for the second point that is aso random like point 1 I am wasting 2 months and haven`t solved it.

This have nothing to do with gameplay only that the producer have made a mistake and don`t thought what consequences the real player have when he code/program it so (and this after so long time he code/program this game).

It was easier for all players when I have to talk with Sara 6xtimes and the event trigger or go further. At the moment maybe it came for a player fast and the other are wasting a lot of time.

And to waste in real life 1/2 or 1 day and more only to unlock it or play all free is wasting time for all player high three.
So you would design a game diffent from Darkhound's design. Feel free to do so and publish it.

elbo911

Dec 1, 2018
So you would design a game diffent from Darkhound's design. Feel free to do so and publish it.
I think it's a matter of perspective. If Sara is the only person your MC has remaining achievement with to complete, it significantly exaggerates the "slow-burn" nature of completing those achievements; but if you were starting the game fresh and had lots of remaining achievements to complete with all of the other girls, then the "Sara achievements" would just be part of the overall game advancement process, and taking several in-game weeks to complete some of her achievements wouldn't seem so extreme, since you would also be busy completing achievements for other girls during that time.

Just a thought...
Not really, with my last fresh start, I as well had any other girls' achievements done way before even getting Sara a second bar night. Not a matter of perspective, just plain fact. And yeah, it's tedious.

This game has some other issues as well, pointing that out still doesn't mean I don't enjoy it for what it is.

What's really getting on my nerves is the overzealous 'you have critique, go somewhere else' approach of some hardcore fans here that make the whole HI fan base looking pretty unfriendly and gatekeepy (yeah, that's not a word).

SarethEldair

Feb 26, 2021
So, I've been trying to trigger Nat and Faye scene at the bar where they are together, Nat wears red dress, Faye wears white tank top and jean shorts...both have high lust affection etc...what is the time i must save, so every time this scene does not trigger, to reload and try again? It seems the scene I trigger is just Faya at the bar instead.

elbo911

Dec 1, 2018
So, I've been trying to trigger Nat and Faye scene at the bar where they are together, Nat wears red dress, Faye wears white tank top and jean shorts...both have high lust affection etc...what is the time i must save, so every time this scene does not trigger, to reload and try again? It seems the scene I trigger is just Faya at the bar instead.
Save before starting to talk to Faye, and upon reloading, try to mix up the 'randomness' by clicking different apps in your phone or leaving the bar and reentering from different locations.

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
Not really, with my last fresh start, I as well had any other girls' achievements done way before even getting Sara a second bar night. Not a matter of perspective, just plain fact. And yeah, it's tedious.

This game has some other issues as well, pointing that out still doesn't mean I don't enjoy it for what it is.

What's really getting on my nerves is the overzealous 'you have critique, go somewhere else' approach of some hardcore fans here that make the whole HI fan base looking pretty unfriendly and gatekeepy (yeah, that's not a word).
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this.

I'm pretty sure that nowhere in my replies to Dole did I state or imply that if he was going to criticize some aspect of the game that he should just go elsewhere. If that is what you, or Dole, or others inferred from my replies, then respectfully, you have misunderstood my intent, which was to offer a contrasting point of view and also what I believe were some constructive suggestions.

You have obviously found that Holiday Island has a very loyal core fanbase (a virtual community, really), one that is very invested in the game and its development (as evidenced by the length of this thread, and the existence and level of activity of the Holiday Island fan art and fan fiction threads). Consequently, some of us feel more than a little protective of the game, and some are understandably zealous in expressing that protectiveness; couple that with the reality that some (though certainly not all) of the critics of the game are clearly just trolling the game's fan community rather than offering any constructive comments, and you get the set of circumstances to which you referred.

Is Holiday Island perfect? Absolutely not (IMO)! I think DarkHound would be the first to tell you it isn't perfect, and could tell you the reasons why far better than I could. However, is it remarkably good in most respects? Absolutely (again, IMO)! Are some people going to disagree (sometimes vehemently) about it being 'remarkably good'? Absolutely! It's simply not going to appeal to everyone, for a variety of reasons, and that's fine. However, for those who actually like the game but are bothered by things they perceive as flaws in it, is it possible to enhance/improve their game experience regardless of whether or not the flaws they perceive in the game are ultimately resolved or not? I think so, and that was the intent of my responses to Dole.

peter90gamer

Dec 19, 2022
This have nothing to do with perspective (or maybe this is the first game you have played and have nothing to compare).

Bad is bad !!! (and I play over 30 years games)

You must play Sara free then remember that you can see her only on Friday and so on.

And the other scenes,events that are random was in the past aso difficult to unlock and now Sara and this is not only one point in the Quest I said it before I am at the second point.

And when the hint say I have to meet in some days Sara to drink with her a beer and you waste in game months that have nothing to do with days.

So for the second point that is aso random like point 1 I am wasting 2 months and haven`t solved it.

This have nothing to do with gameplay only that the producer have made a mistake and don`t thought what consequences the real player have when he code/program it so (and this after so long time he code/program this game).

It was easier for all players when I have to talk with Sara 6xtimes and the event trigger or go further. At the moment maybe it came for a player fast and the other are wasting a lot of time.

And to waste in real life 1/2 or 1 day and more only to unlock it or play all free is wasting time for all player high three.
Dole MarsUltor zapallbugs
I think the main section where everyone drifts apart is how they feel regarding this Sara availability.
It is a way of perspectives. It is annoying to skip time if you want to check out for Sara for mission or fun. I have wasted a lot of time, too.
But having her there only a couple of days per week gives the story some novelty and makes it more palatable for a new game or more realistic spice.
Though it would be a good option to have her at the bar if wanted to with the help of the mod.
The developers are doing a phenomenal job here. No doubt.

-=Cazz=-

May 26, 2018
Dole MarsUltor zapallbugs
I think the main section where everyone drifts apart is how they feel regarding this Sara availability.
It is a way of perspectives. It is annoying to skip time if you want to check out for Sara for mission or fun. I have wasted a lot of time, too.
But having her there only a couple of days per week gives the story some novelty and makes it more palatable for a new game or more realistic spice.
Though it would be a good option to have her at the bar if wanted to with the help of the mod.
The developers are doing a phenomenal job here. No doubt.

I think really the only issue with the Sara questline is that you can't start it until...42 days on the island I think?

I did find when I started a fresh game a few weeks ago that I got to the point where I had seen all the achievements for the other girls and was left with nothing else to do but wait around for Sara to appear in the bar to progress her quest, like some other people have mentioned.

I do think if you could start the Sara quest a few weeks earlier, you could avoid that problem, at least up to a point. It would make for a good quality of life upgrade for the player IMO.
(Haha...well, when I say "quality of life" I mean for the person playing the game, not the in-game player character. No one in history has a better "quality of life" than that guy.:LOL:)

I realize that it would probably not be a simple change to make and I have no idea how much work it would be. And I know there's other requirements to start the quest than it just being game day 42, those requirements might have to change too.(Miriam/Mercedes quests I think? I know it's all in the super-awesome game guide that I'm too lazy to check right now...:whistle:)

Anyway, this is all just a suggestion! I'm grateful for all the work Darkhound has put into HI, and I absolutely love this game. Hands down the best adult game I've ever played, nothing else is close in my opinion. I sometimes wonder just many hours I've put into this game and...now that I think about it, I probably don't want to know the answer.

elbo911

Dec 1, 2018
[...] However, for those who actually like the game but are bothered by things they perceive as flaws in it, is it possible to enhance/improve their game experience regardless of whether or not the flaws they perceive in the game are ultimately resolved or not? I think so, and that was the intent of my responses to Dole.
Yeah, well, that was what I quoted your post for. Because the Sara content simply comes so late in the game, that by the time you get there, and if you know what you're doing, you can easily already have done all other achievements. Combined with the fact that she only has one, later two nights in the bar, it gets rather tedious to get through her content while repeating other stuff you have seen over and over.
You stated in your post that if one started a new game, Sara's quests would mix into the other achievements more naturally, giving you something else to do while waiting for the next time meeting Sara. That's simply not the case, as I stated above.
And there's nothing you can do about that by 'changing your perspective'. So, you saying it's a matter of perspective didn't go down well with me.
Add to that zapallbugs' comment that Dole just should make his own game when he's not content with Darkhound's work, and there goes my post.

Anyways, thanks for your constructive reply, I'm sure you meant no harm with your earlier post. Just felt compelled to point it out. Sorry for going on off-topic, I'll shut up about it now.

-=Cazz=-

May 26, 2018
Yeah, well, that was what I quoted your post for. Because the Sara content simply comes so late in the game, that by the time you get there, and if you know what you're doing, you can easily already have done all other achievements. Combined with the fact that she only has one, later two nights in the bar, it gets rather tedious to get through her content while repeating other stuff you have seen over and over.
You stated in your post that if one started a new game, Sara's quests would mix into the other achievements more naturally, giving you something else to do while waiting for the next time meeting Sara. That's simply not the case, as I stated above.
And there's nothing you can do about that by 'changing your perspective'. So, you saying it's a matter of perspective didn't go down well with me.
Add to that zapallbugs' comment that Dole just should make his own game when he's not content with Darkhound's work, and there goes my post.

Anyways, thanks for your constructive reply, I'm sure you meant no harm with your earlier post. Just felt compelled to point it out. Sorry for going on off-topic, I'll shut up about it now.

I agree with this 100%, I posted about it earlier. The only real problem with the Sara quest is it starts so late in the game. If it began earlier you could slowly whittle away at it while having plenty of other stuff to do in the meantime.

But yeah, I think we've made the point, I'll shut up about it too.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

On an Island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

Oil Change

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: junior366

SarethEldair

Feb 26, 2021
Save before starting to talk to Faye, and upon reloading, try to mix up the 'randomness' by clicking different apps in your phone or leaving the bar and reentering from different locations.
Thanks, I actually made it work, turns out I had 6 scenes I had not seen with Faye at the bar, and I after I saw them, the scene triggered as it should. It would be funny to see Faye outboobed though, when Nat comes to visit the player's room at night, her breasts are actually bigger (she also confirms that in the gym scene).

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
New trophies app for the phone (0.3.7.2)

screenshot0245.png
Hello my friends!

With the next version 0.3.7.3, the phone gets a new app to display an overview of of all the trophies for all girls.
For each trophy, it offers details on each girl ranked up to fifth place.

This will makes it easier to get a good overview about all of the trophies, instead of having to go trough all the girls one after the other.

And it also offers a switch to display the total view or the weekly view as needed.

Someone asked for it end of 2021 and finally I found the time to implement it.

I hope you like the new app.
Feel free to leave a comment.

Take care,
Darkhound

PS: This post is "patron only", only because of the displayed nudity, so I share it here with you as well.

masseuse

Oct 27, 2022
According to the guide, the MC can read about politics and charm in order to get charm points in order to level up charm. The current level of charm points can be seen by the medical add, that can be supplied by the doctor. Reading about politics involves some luck, but you see the result in the points value right away.

I have noticed, that the points can be increased by something else than reading. But I have had difficulty in repeating this, so I am not quite sure, what activity, that may provide MC with extra charm points. Perhaps some luck is involved as well.

Have you noticed, what activity other than reading, that can increase charm points?

4.10 star(s) 213 Votes