Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.0 beta - development news (updated 07. Dec. 2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.10 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.9.0 release.​

The next release is 0.1.9.1 beta which will be an incremental update for Windows, Linux and Mac. And a full version for Android.
It will include some new features and several bug fixes.

As of right now, the update from 0.1.9.0 to 0.1.9.1 has:
45 additional renders, videos or sound files
48 updated renders

New features and content

Amy gets a new maid/room service event --> will be added with 0.1.9.1 (still working on it)
Jessica gets the beach pose scene and an upgrade for her skimpy swimsuit "walk on the beach" scene --> will be added with 0.1.9.1 (still working on it)
Yvette gets a teasing scene that can be triggered when you relax at the pool --> will be added with 0.1.9.1 (still working on it)
Amy gets the pull-up scene for her special swimsuit in webp format with some additional renders --> will be added with 0.1.9.1

Minor improvements and changes

Correction of spelling errors and grammar fixes --> will be added with 0.1.9.1
Aly, Eva, Faye, Renée, Desire and Delizia will get image upgrades for their "follow me" renders where they look over their shoulder --> will be added with 0.1.9.1
You will have 4 game resolution options: "manual resize", 1280x720, 1920x1080, 2560x1440 if your screen has a high enough resolution --> will be added with 0.1.9.1
An additional button to show the watch no longer permanently is available --> will be added with 0.1.9.1

Bug fixes

When using the old UI, the crash " AttributeError: 'cl_player' object has no attribute 'phone_image' " could occur --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.1
Resolution change option makes the game unplayable on some systems --> a workaround to disable it will be provided with 0.1.9.1
Some images were scaled wrong in achievements, give present and grope --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.1
You could not get the quest for Yumiko's sub dermal encryption code --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.1

Estimated release date

0.1.9.1 beta --> no idea yet
Going to try to release as an early Christmas present, providing you all play well together and stay on the 'Nice' list and off the 'Naughty' list. That means no asking the same questions over and over, no negative, 'cookie-cutter' reviews and NO suggests or requests for anal sex.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
/cutted/
Going to try to release as an early Christmas present, providing you all play well together and stay on the 'Nice' list and off the 'Naughty' list. That means no asking the same questions over and over, no negative, 'cookie-cutter' reviews and NO suggests or requests for anal sex.
Oh Fuck, it's a conspiracy and means we won't get early or later Christmas present!
Anyone happen to have flamethrower or belt-fed grenade-launcher in their disposal? This calls for drastic measures!!
Edit: or maybe we'd put a mine field to all routes leading to this Thread....

Reactions: junior366

Stiv505

Sep 20, 2019
I have searched for the answer but to no avail. I have done the three "intimate" workouts with Amy but I cannot get Jennifer to tell me about the protien shakes. Have I gone out of order? Thank you.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Oh Fuck, it's a conspiracy and means we won't get early or later Christmas present!
Anyone happen to have flamethrower or belt-fed grenade-launcher in their disposal? This calls for drastic measures!!
Edit: or maybe we'd put a mine field to all routes leading to this Thread....
You get that all wrong. Mercedes is on top of it and will mercilessly kick butt.:D

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Agungteguh27

There is no real cheat for Hotshots, but you want to try to get Hard Question as often as possible since it raises the heat. My FAQ includes all answers to the questions. The best cheat is to save, spin the wheel, reload if you don't get what you want. Save, answer a question, reload if you're wrong. You also want her to choose for you to undress since it will raise the heat.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Agungteguh27

Agungteguh27

Jun 4, 2017
Agungteguh27

There is no real cheat for Hotshots, but you want to try to get Hard Question as often as possible since it raises the heat. My FAQ includes all answers to the questions. The best cheat is to save, spin the wheel, reload if you don't get what you want. Save, answer a question, reload if you're wrong. You also want her to choose for you to undress since it will raise the heat.
thank you. by the way. i used this mof 200182_D.S.ModCheat_v0.3c_HolidayIsland-v0.1.2.0_beta-pc, but even though my strenge 10, but why the MC can't do lifting. it's lack of strength. is it bug? i'm stuch with Faye right now, because of
that

Reactions: Puppet Master

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
You borked the game. I don't know why, but the game now thinks that the girl has a strength of 100. Hopefully you have a save point from before you cheated. Go back and build up naturally. Talk to Jennifer. Train with her 4 times per week.
Good luck!

qvb222

May 7, 2017
That part right there is actually some valid feedback for the dev and you should address him with it.

From my own dev experience i can only assume why that is happening as it is hard to design otherwise without making things predictable. Renpy as many other tools used for games like this is a script language - it means it requires the user to trigger something with an action. Action being in your case moving from one room to another where a code sequence is fired and part of that is checking if there will be an encounter or not. Unless the results of such checks are stored in a array or list for future use the results are lost after execution. That means that certain results being attached to certain characters will 'seem' to appear more often than others. That's the crux with pure randomness - it requires a huge amount of roles to be really weighted.
From what I've seen darkhound1 designed the events in giant chain of IF statements. The first one that applies will trigger with some randomness introduced, the ones further down the chain will never even get checked as soon as one of the amy events is eligible. A more... stable solution would be to build a list of all events that might trigger in a certain situation and then pick one at random.

brianiac

Jan 1, 2019
Agungteguh27

Somewhere I stumbled across g_hotshots.heat = n for when it looks like one of the players will probably get too drunk before the heat gets high enough

Reactions: Puppet Master

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
I promise you she has freckles. Either you're distracted or maybe she is wearing makeup.
View attachment 480862
Naw she's just a pale girl with dyed unnaturally-red hair. She's not a real red head. Note the eyebrows.

Here's some red heads with freckles:

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 212 Votes