VN Ren'Py Abandoned Home Trainer - Domestic Corruption [v0.2.1] [Deviant_smite]

4.70 star(s) 27 Votes

MausMaus

Aug 2, 2018
I've been holding out on this game to get a few updates before I started playing it, but it's not looking hopeful. Is there much content right now? I really don't want to start playing, enjoy it, and quickly run out of content.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I've been holding out on this game to get a few updates before I started playing it, but it's not looking hopeful. Is there much content right now? I really don't want to start playing, enjoy it, and quickly run out of content.
No not really much content.

All setting up the story so far and meeting a couple girls.

Hopefully he'll surprise us with an update.

Reactions: MausMaus

dmmt

May 8, 2020
dev was on these forums Jan 29th...why thy are remaining silent, is unknown

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Perhaps smite2001 is biding his time, stoking our blue balls, curdling our semen, risking our swimmers becoming floaters, waiting until the very last second before the "Abandoned" tag comes crashing down on this thread before he gloriously rides in on a MEGA link with a new version to our cries of elation and joy.

We shall hail him! We shall sacrifice crates of tissue paper to his name! We shall name him "Caesar of F95" and mount an effigy of him on the main page for us all to kneel before!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
I just know it's makes it damn near impossible for me to become a patron, for anyone. SO MANY games get an initial release that show SO MUCH promise, only to fade into obscurity after 1 or maybe 2 updates. I explained this once before to a Dev...

a AAA commercial title from a fully staffed game publisher, $60. Yes, it will have bugs, but patches are released frequently over the following year. And unless we are talking about PDX, those patches are free. PDX calls them DLC and charges $7-$15.To patron a single publisher in this genre, even t a meager $10/m...that same $120/yr buys 2, complete, AAA titles. In this realm, it supports 1 dev who may or may not EVER get past the halfway point in his/her games development. In the meantime, you the patron, continue t send $10/m which over 2 years, would have purchased 4, AAA titles.

IMHO, given the apparent statistical probablity of a game becoming abandoned; I am somewhat surprised anyone is a patron anymore.

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
IMHO, given the apparent statistical probablity of a game becoming abandoned; I am somewhat surprised anyone is a patron anymore.
Hit the nail on the head. This title is tame compared to some of the other games I really liked. Problem is, some social justice warrior gets in the Dev's head, and their spine gets revealed to be a limp noodle. They tuck tail, and run away, just like this Dev apparently did when the daughter "looks" younger than her actual age.
But like you, I won't give any financial support, until the Dev proves they have the backbone capable of ignoring the snowflakes, and see the project through.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
backbone plus integrity. Once you have begun accepting monies, I feel like you OWE it to those patrons to deliver a completed project. While failure to do so does not meet the legal definition of fraud, I feel like it IS fraud, none the less.

grohotor

May 15, 2020
backbone plus integrity. Once you have begun accepting monies, I feel like you OWE it to those patrons to deliver a completed project. While failure to do so does not meet the legal definition of fraud, I feel like it IS fraud, none the less.
hes not making milfy city kind of money where he could easily outsource the whole project and still have enough to go on a permanent vacation. 175$ is worth like a few hours a week. a man's gotta eat.

Reactions: JoStark

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
So, the solution to having games abandoned is have even more games abandoned? Because that's what basically "supporting someone is not a financially sound decision" amounts to. :confused:

Most devs use initial support to gauge interest. Praise on the internet is great but at some point it stops justifying the quite many hours needed to invest, nor can help with the bills.

I understand that people are frustrated when they've "invested" X amount of money to a project only for it to wither away, but that's how investments are. Not all play out.
Because in the end, that's what supporting someone is. Enabling his content to exist because you like it, to the best of your ability. Not buy a product that has value comparable to the money you've invested. That mindset is a recipe for disappointment.

Before you can buy your AAA tile (and I don't even know why that is a remotely good comparison) for 60$, someone has invested dozens of millions of dollars for it to exist.
It's the same analogy here, except with no payback apart from the fact that this "something" is out there.

MrSalem

Oct 17, 2019
Nope.

But adding to what Ginyu6789 said: it technically isn't. smite2001 has last been active on Patreon / Subscribestar on Nov 21 and in this thread on Nov. 23, so the thread will only be tagged abandoned if there hasn't been a change to the situation on or after Feb 23. Though do take note that smite2001 is still around, lurking hard, only watching the game, controlling it… hmmm

> Arousal increased – You're now slightly horny.
It's time..... :cry:

wulfy1

Aug 27, 2017
Most devs use initial support to gauge interest. Praise on the internet is great but at some point it stops justifying the quite many hours needed to invest, nor can help with the bills.
I was pledging on his SS account right after the first release, but I give people a month to at least give an update on their account. I will generally increase my support if they are updating regularly and showing progress. If they don't, I remove my support and move on. I stopped my contributions right after the 1st of January. I really like the premise of this game, and the dev has some talent. That said, I wont let my contributions continue, if I don't feel that its going somewhere.

Reactions: JeremyCole300

moonbaby

Jan 20, 2018
i cant help but think there was more content in an earlier version, this was kinda shorter than i remember.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
I stopped my contributions right after the 1st of January. I really like the premise of this game, and the dev has some talent. That said, I wont let my contributions continue, if I don't feel that its going somewhere.
Same really. I had to drop after so many months of no news sadly. Hopefully they'll suddenly come back.

4.70 star(s) 27 Votes