VN Ren'Py Abandoned Home Trainer - Domestic Corruption [v0.2.1] [Deviant_smite]

4.70 star(s) 27 Votes

dmmt

May 8, 2020
So, the solution to having games abandoned is have even more games abandoned? Because that's what basically "supporting someone is not a financially sound decision" amounts to. :confused:

Most devs use initial support to gauge interest. Praise on the internet is great but at some point it stops justifying the quite many hours needed to invest, nor can help with the bills.

I understand that people are frustrated when they've "invested" X amount of money to a project only for it to wither away, but that's how investments are. Not all play out.
Because in the end, that's what supporting someone is. Enabling his content to exist because you like it, to the best of your ability. Not buy a product that has value comparable to the money you've invested. That mindset is a recipe for disappointment.

Before you can buy your AAA tile (and I don't even know why that is a remotely good comparison) for 60$, someone has invested dozens of millions of dollars for it to exist.
It's the same analogy here, except with no payback apart from the fact that this "something" is out there.

Investments, generate an ROI. A completed project, is not an ROI. It as sthe expected result and the entitled end. I buy a car, I dont garner any ROI from that. I have a product to use. Same thing here. Patronage, entitles one to a product. I get that result form my local grocer, whom I patronize. I get it from the local service station fast food outlet, clothing store, department store. What I dont get, is an ROI. And that is because, patronage, is not an investment.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Investments, generate an ROI. A completed project, is not an ROI. It as sthe expected result and the entitled end. I buy a car, I dont garner any ROI from that. I have a product to use. Same thing here. Patronage, entitles one to a product. I get that result form my local grocer, whom I patronize. I get it from the local service station fast food outlet, clothing store, department store. What I dont get, is an ROI.
Your ROI is the enjoyment you get out of playing a game you enabled exist. Patronage does not entitle you to nothing in and of itself, it's a flashy donation button.
Perks/early releases/etc. are the cherry on top.

You do not patronize your local grocery in the same vein. You frequently exchange money for goods there. You're not supporting the option to have avocados available to you.

And that is because, patronage, is not an investment.
Neither it's buying a product. You're very welcome to believe it is and treat it as such, but as I said you're setting yourself up for disappointment that way.

Reactions: SinnedBad

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
DM'd the Dev three days back, who last logged into the site a week ago. Otherwise, all public communications about the game appeared to cease three months ago, so marking as

Abandoned

unless and until they show signs of an updated status.

Jvalentine112

Jul 17, 2020
Told you all this was going to be abandoned... Nothing from the dev for months and he/she ignores our posts, and you think it's not abandoned? Get out of here. It was abandoned from the first time someone mentioned it and he didn't respond.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Any idea when a new update is coming out? I am really looking forward to one. So far this game is a very good one.
Don't bother asking questions on here... No one will answer them... Still waiting on an answer to my question from 11/28
This game is apparently Abandoned. It has been a long time since it was updated and the dev doesn't even post anymore. Dev's last post was Nov, 23... Over a month ago.
You're not spitting facts. You got lucky. He didn't answer your question, you got butthurt, and then you started screaming "IT'S ABANDONED!!" barely a month after the last update.

Given that many devs either rarely or don't interact on F95, you could just as easily have been wrong and looked like a fool. Stop acting you're Nostradamus.

_tewi

Aug 4, 2020
You're not spitting facts. You got lucky. He didn't answer your question, you got butthurt, and then you started screaming "IT'S ABANDONED!!" barely a month after the last update.

Given that many devs either rarely or don't interact on F95, you could just as easily have been wrong and looked like a fool. Stop acting you're Nostradamus.
i don't know one way or another but there are some signs that it's abandoned, considering the rate at which the last updates were released, the devs activity in this thread/on patreon, etc.. hoping not though

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
The dev was last online on Tuesday so they must have seen that his/her game thread has the abandoned tag yet they didn't seem to care so it's safe to say it's abandoned officially...

Last edited:

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Pls don't tell me this was for ever abandonet!!!!!!!!
Frome what one of the mods said, they tried to contact the dev, and been no updates and no response from them, so it might be permanently abandoned

4.70 star(s) 27 Votes