Lordpsyan

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
I have noticed the lighting to be a bit of a problem, so in the next update, the lighting for Globlin forest and the cave have been increased a bit.

I found the error with catherine. It will be fixed in next release.

Lordpsyan

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Many bug fixes, new characters, new scenes with v0.0.3 Alpha available on my patreon page. Link in first post.

DynamicSynergy

Jul 7, 2020
I don't understand all the RPGM hate. I know when I created a side project (and wanted it to be more story based) I started in renpy. But I ended up moving to RPGM because of the out of the box features. Renders are time consuming and I'd rather focus on renders for the adult content and not for all the scenes in between. RPGM allows for a bit more 'game' - navigating across maps, unlocking new zones and content, quest trackers to remind you how to progress with different love interests, vendors and backpacks.

RPGMs can suffer from Grind or lack of direction. You're not sure what you need to do next or you are forced to spend 30 minutes killing boars in the forest so you can defeat the next boss to progress story. But there have been a few games in that style (Peasants Quest or Goblin's Tale) where they kept the combat, but it was minimised. Renpy isn't going to save you from bad game design. RPGM can let a time-poor, solo dev actually finish a project.

I agree Renpy is better for a VN, especially for 'choices matter' type content (things like Our Red String) - but sometimes it's nice to have a world to run around in.

Reactions: Joeburqa

IFF01

Sep 8, 2018
All I have is a black screen I just got the quest to learn stealth and then the tavern owner offered sex but no pictures all black

Last edited:

Lordpsyan

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
All I have is a black screen I just got the quest to learn stealth and then the tavern owner offered sex but no pictures all black
I have not run into this problem since v0.0.1. I will be releasing v0.0.31 Alpha on here hopefully this evening. It is already available on patreon. v0.0.4 is also available, but I wouldn't bother as there is a conflicting script that screws up the entire game (fixed but not posted yet. was out of town all weekend)

Also, updates will be coming more quickly, as I just upgraded from a geforce gtx 1050 ti to card that is a little bit better... Nvidia rtx 3090 Founders Edition.

4 hour renders are now only taking 8-10 minutes!

one final note: I am down for suggestions on content. v0.0.41 has more of the tags, like incest. Kissing cousins! but I am debating changing it a bit and allowing player choice of Sam and Cynthia actually being sisters, or maybe step sisters. dunno. Suggestions always welcome!

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
I read that the incest of this game is between cousins, the point is that in certain cultures sexual relationship between cousins is not considered incest, here in my country there are several cases including
Yes, everything you say is valid. However, only the rules and definitions at F95zone are used here at F95. :)

The rules need to take into account many situations that are incompatible with each other. As examples, the rules here unfortuantely discount the many cultures which have far larger and more exacting definitions of incest than your culture, as well, and there is no way to make the rules fit everywhere. (y)

I hope that helps you understand.

e-d

Feb 8, 2020
Two major things. Lighting effects are always a terrible choice, just scrap them entirely. Put a prohibition on entering a space without a lantern if you must, but once you are in that area the entire floor should be illuminated, not just the small circle of light around light sources. SECOND, Fix your encounter rate. Holy shit, in the cave you get into another battle every three steps. It's infuriating. Also you have it as blind encounters too. Instead, get rid of that shit, add some sprites that are easily avoidable should the player choose to do so. If they hit the sprite, a battle ensues.

Lordpsyan

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
The lighting thing is only for the basement. The encounter rate is only an issue if you cheat and use a save editor for massive level\gold. If you play the game normally, you need that rate to level properly and earn gold. I have made a change to make things easier later in that cave, opening a cave entrance to get to the female orc side so you can capture them without having to go through the entire cave fighting slimes etc. I do need to modify the battles a bit, since at level 10 you can easily run through killing everything and never have to worry about dying.

I have been considering changing the encounters to sprites, but then you have to use a save editor for levels, or grind all day on farming for xp.

Possibly in the future when I have more side quests that can be done for XP, then I can modify the encounters or change them to sprites.

This is one of the things I hate about rpgm. So easy to edit the save files and cheat making 90% of the game that devs work so hard on, completely pointless. Thinking about adding things that check your level, and reset your character to the level you should be at that point of the game, but some real players will grind to get higher levels, and having them lose levels to attempt to stop cheaters will cause a backlash of problems. I will figure out the best solution for this once I finish the starting areas.

Also, just a side note about incest, the game has been modified so that it asks what level of incest you want, and your "cousins" could be sisters or not related at all. Was also considering your mother to show up later in the game, even though she is supposedly dead. Have you fuck her and then find out she is your mother, if you have full incest on.

If anyone has a solution to help stop save editors from ruining the game, please let me know.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
This is one of the things I hate about rpgm. So easy to edit the save files and cheat making 90% of the game that devs work so hard on, completely pointless. Thinking about adding things that check your level, and reset your character to the level you should be at that point of the game, but some real players will grind to get higher levels, and having them lose levels to attempt to stop cheaters will cause a backlash of problems. I will figure out the best solution for this once I finish the starting areas.
I think it's better to leave that up to players. If they wanna play as intended. Cool. If they wanna make the game easier or get to the story and sex scenes ASAP. Cool. Skipping part of your game is better than skipping your whole game, right?

• Angry
Reactions: K1DZ and Joeburqa

Skan

Aug 25, 2017
playtime of -20 minutes i've encountered 0 crashes. However when I go to sleep the game give a black screen. Music still go and I can access the menu but the whole screen except the HUD is black. Tried saving and reloading but it keep happening. Also it happens everytime i go to sleep, no exception. Since simply waiting for the day to come is tedius it make the game kinda unplayable.

A critique:
- I agree with the long lenght of the sex scene (even too i've only seen the one in the prologue), making them skippable by click is a good choice.

Reactions: K1DZ

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
are saves ok to use - I loaded mine and after going into the tavern to spy on the mayor - I can't do anything I'm stuck in frontof the door blocking the way for a guy who wants to leave

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
also it would be nice to be able to complete a quest before getting all kinds of them at once
you could use Peasants Quest as a model it was done excellently

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Yep the black screen for4 me too when I sleep but nothing more - Dev needs to stop with the updates if they don't work

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Well I thought I fixed it by moving it up along to a shorter path, it worked with the sleeping but combat waiting for the JP to show and the 40g is painfuly slow

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote