PeterJohn

Jan 2, 2021
Sorry for the barrage of questions..

I downloaded a studio scene that is supposed to have an animation, and comes with a .PNG and a .DHS file

How do I actually.. play the animation?

PeterJohn

Jan 2, 2021
Also, if I take a card StudioGet generates, my game crashes. Is that a known problem?

Edit: IllusionStudioGet seems to work

Last edited:

synergyxxx69

Nov 18, 2020
The Hanmen mod is a paid mod:
Hanmen's skin shader was just released for free, there's a decent chance the skin textures will be free at some point too. It's $10 if you want it now. BTW, the SSS skin requires GraphicsMod to work properly. If you use DHH (or vanilla graphics) the Hanmen skins won't work right. I don't recognize the ls.hair mod - might be a zodgame thing.
Oh, now I see why SSS doesn't work, I'm currently using DHH. Not sure how different SSS skin is supposed to look but I'll just not worry about that for now. As for the hair, I guess I'll go look around.

I just found this card but some mods missed.
View attachment 1037922
Anyone know which mod it used?
Oh wow that's the exact card that I was talking about in my question lol. So you need to use GraphicsMod not DHH for Hanmen SSS skin but I'm not sure what the ls.hair is, maybe try zodgame thing as Great_Old_One was saying.

Last edited:

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
Oh, now I see why SSS doesn't work, I'm currently using DHH. Not sure how different SSS skin is supposed to look but I'll just not worry about that for now. As for the hair, I guess I'll go look around.

Oh wow that's the exact card that I was talking about in my question lol. So you need to use GraphicsMod not DHH for Hanmen SSS skin but I'm not sure what the ls.hair is, maybe try zodgame thing as Great_Old_One was saying.
The skin shaders work with or without the DHH graphics mod. For the best results, the DHH mod is recommended.

hun hunter

Dec 30, 2018
Спасибо за ответ по вопросу о VN Game Engine. Ещё вопрос от меня. Я видел инструкцию для создателя VN Game Engine в виде видео по этому плагину. Но хотелось бы больше инструкций. Как загрузить анимацию, как использовать для другого персонажа. Я это не просто так спрашиваю. Не всё сцены для студии у меня загружаются просто так стандартным методом. Поэтому хотелось бы почитать про управление или увидеть у кого-то другое видео данной моды.
Ещё вопрос. Не знаю что из вещей в студии можно использовать в качестве настраиваемого одеяла на стандартную кровать. Шторы, полотенца, много чего из атрибутов на персонажа в том числе, рукава, плащи, фату. Всё выглядит криво при создании. Есть какие то подсказки что можно использовать. Возможно в самой кровати можно с помощью редактора материала сделать невидимую кровать и оставить верх само одеяло, после совместить с другой кроватью но поверх лежащей на ней персонажей. Это мысли вслух.
И ещё X-Ray . То есть рентген. В студийных вещах есть только один член с такой особенностью. Как или из чего можно сделать именно такую анатомическую имитацию при виде сбоку на женском персонаже.

Thanks for answering the question about VN Game Engine. Another question from me. I saw the instruction for the creator of VN Game Engine in the form of a video on this plugin. But I would like more instructions. How to load animation, how to use for another character. I’m not just asking this. Not all scenes for the studio are loaded just like that using the standard method. Therefore, I would like to read about management or see someone else's video of this mod.
One more question. I don't know which of the things in the studio can be used as a custom blanket for a standard bed. Curtains, towels, many of the attributes of the character, including sleeves, raincoats, veils. Everything looks crooked when created. There are some hints that you can use. Perhaps in the bed itself, using the material editor, you can make an invisible bed and leave the top of the blanket itself, then combine it with another bed but on top of the characters lying on it. These are thoughts out loud.
And also X-Ray. That is, x-rays. In studio stuff, there is only one member with this feature. How or from what you can make just such an anatomical imitation when viewed from the side on a female character.
i am not sure if there is enough info and documentation but there are some videos for all VNGE tools on Keitaro's . i only tried the "clip manager" briefly and i am still trying to understand the rest of vnge. as far as i know you can save the animation and embed it to the scene data but you can also you can save it externally on a separate file then load it again for another character. i did not perform this so please experiment with it.

about the studio items, i haven't seen a blanket item precisely, i am sorry. but i think what you are doing with material editor is the best choice for the time being. it would seem that there are endless items for the studio but the truth is that studio items and props are never enough, the modders are adding to them everyday but it really depends on what you are working on and what is your interest, it is hard to always find what you are looking for but it is better to work with what you have =).

Oh, maybe I was confused. Before, you said that DHH in its notification banner thingy "will state that preset's name on the top of the screen", which I took to mean that in the same banner where it announces the DHH version number, it would also display the name of the preset it loaded. If I'm right about what you meant, mine doesn't do that. It announces only the version number and the hotkey reminder.

Good news! I seem to have made my preferred preset stick. I still don't really understand what's going on, but I figure it's probably one of two things: Maybe the "save settings" button is context-sensitive, and what you save for sex scenes only applies to sex scenes, and you have to do it all over again for interstitial talking scenes, for menu scenes, for the character creator... Or maybe the "save settings" function is just buggy and works when it feels like it. Either way, though, I just kept hitting "P -> preset 4 -> save settings" again and again and eventually it learned to stick with that preset throughout everything, so... victory?

Now I'm fine-tuning the aperture and focal length settings, because damn, that preset is nicely lit but way too aggressive with the shallow depth of field. (And yes, that's with the game's built-in DOF turned off.) Sadly, I'm going through the same thing again, of tweaking a setting, hitting save, and repeating over and over again. But they do eventually stick.

Why, oh, why don't more modders have a Github repo so there's an official readme and a place to file bug reports, instead of just "It came from The Internet. Its workings are a mystery."? If anybody has any communication with whoever's behind DHH, maybe suggest it to them?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get back to being distracted from the sex scenes by marveling at how pretty the rendering is. After the blindingly radioactive overexposed bloom-fest of the Illusion stock settings, I can hardly believe this is the same game. Seriously, there's a girl I found on the booru (I think), name Lori, her outfit is a sugary concoction of bubblegum pink, and if you take that girl to the sun-drenched classroom with Illusion's stock Unity profile, your eyes will bleed.
oh i see, at least you managed to reach middle ground with DHH :LOL:. and yes i agree about the documentation and resources, i think the creator does not speak english or they are just not interested in documenting their tools, and i don't blame them as they are probably busy with real life jobs/responsibilities and have made those tools on their spare time just to contribute.

i also agree that lighting changes everything when it comes to tones and final look, but it requires allot of work tweaking and possibilities are endless. people should always share their light settings with characters and studio scenes if available to be able to get the best results.

Hi, not sure if anybody else faced this problem. Im tryin to load starstar tattoos.
But whenever i select a tattoo from starstar mods after saving and exiting. The tattoos turns back to their first tattoo even after selecting other designs from their menu.

Should i edit anything? I'm playing the main game by the way. thanks
it could be that some other tattoo is conflicting with what you are using, the sideloader will select a random mod to load if that was the case. check the log if it mentions any warning or errors regarding a tattoo mod or else then try to disable it in kkmanager.

I don't know if it's the right thread to ask, but can someone please help me.
After I update my HS2DX via the inisetting updater (I choose to update all except bleeding edge), all the characters both male/female become like this. inside the cloth the head isn't visible too. In studio it also only shows the cloth.
View attachment 1028099
what repack version are you using? this could happen if it is too old and tried to used mods that require an updated core mods. it should be fixed if you use the latest hs2 dx repack.

Another question!

I have one girl with a pretty bad offset between where her mouth is and where the sex scene engine thinks her mouth is. So when she kisses, her tongue comes clipping straight out through her upper lip. And likewise, in all blowjob positions, the bottom half of her open mouth is just a gaping void, while the dick clips through her upper lip. Tell me there's a parameter I can tweak somewhere to make the mouth target line up with her actual mouth... Since it's only happening with this one girl, I'm really hoping to fix her character card specifically, instead of messing with the in-game "Better Penetration" settings. Any pointers?
like alex2011 mentioned, it is an offset issue. but it also can be due to partial face edits made with bone mod as well. you can try fix this with bone mod while in scene but please know that it wont save your edits unless you take note of it with a screenshot or else then reapply it in the chara creator then save. first set a key shortcut for the bone mod via (F1) plugin settings, then open the bone mod plugin menu and search for "mouth" on the top left, then look for a bone called "cf_j_MouthBase_tr" (it controls the mouth transformation along with every thing in it like tongue and teeth), then change its offset or size if needed. you can also edit any other body part this way as well.

does anyone know how to fix the vagina not opening on penetration? when i play it it only works on fur
not all uncensored bodies has a dynamic vagina, while in the chara creator got o body>overall>then change the uncnsor to "bp.sac_roastie" or "bp.sac_innie" then save that character. also don't forget to disable the mod using random uncensore from (F1)>plugin settings>"uncensore selector".

Is there a way to get rid of the glowing outline around the characters during character creations? The glow is noticeable when using dark backgrounds. It kind of highlights around the character's edges.
it must be a light setting, if you are using DHH or graphics mod try changing the light direction or disable other extra light sources that maybe creating a rim highlight of objects. also, glossiness of things may help creating such highlights.

BetterPenetration needs to be better. Like paralogue demo better:
View attachment 1033965
View attachment 1033966

I've asked so many times for different settings here because the default ones work only for some positions or clip during exhausted state but met with radio silence. I'd rather uninstall it at this point and go back to mosaic. Anyone know which files I should delete for vanilla penetration?
the penetration settings are kind of relative to many things like character's and their heights/body size and offset modifications, uncensors for both male and female. this could be why nobody has answered your question. i am afraid experimenting with the better penetration setting on your own is the only way to get better results.:( just keep in minds that character cards downloaded from the internet may have body modifications with bone mod or else, a single penetration setting cant work on all chars. create your own body modifications for you characters and keep it realistic (within range) and use it as a standard for other characters.

Another question: Is there any mod that can copy a selection of face/body/cothing settings from one char to another? I often come across cards where I feel like "Hey, I like those eyes", but I don't want to copy the entire face.
i am not aware of any easy way to do this other than doing it manually, like going back and forth, take screenshots of settings and all ^^'. also keep in mind that some characters maybe using a different face type, face bones modifications and some times material edits, make sure that you take note of them as well. but generally speaking it is too tough to just copy one part of a character to another and it is a time consuming process rather than loading the whole face along with its bone mods. but i encourage you to do it as it will help you understand how everything work and will alow you to achieve what you want faster in the future :).

First at all, I want to say hello to everybody here since this is my first post (and please, excuse my limited English).
This message is StudioNeo2 related.
I'm dealing with it (or maybe I better say struggling) for about a month now and thanks to the tutorials and explanations from hun hunter, MrWrongtubes, alex2011 and many, many other admirable people I have been able to make some (I think) decent scenes, lets say at a aficionado level.
Of course, I'm plenty of questions, since it is quite difficult to find useful information about the program elsewhere, but for now I'm going to make just one that got me stucked in my actual scene.
There are some items called "projectors" under 'Add/Items/2D effects/Scene effects'. I think they came from Joan6694. Well, the projectors project and very well, however, I am unable to change the example text or image by a custom one, so it turned unuseful. Does anybody know how to achieve this? It will be of great help for me, so thanks in advance.
welcome to F95 :).

i'm happy to see somebody is actually trying the projectors cool feature :LOL:, and since you are willing to change the texture of a projector i think you meant to do so via the "rerender" plugin (mentioning the "example text"). i don't think you will be able to change the projector's texture with material editor anyway as it doesn't show the texture properties for them.

i am going to explain what are projectors and how to edit them:

projectors are materials that you can project over objects using a special shader, it is similar to overlay textures and they can apply to anything they interact with.

for a demonstration, first go to add>item>models>general and load a couple of simple objects like a cube and a sphere then place them in front of each other, then go to add>item>2d effects>scene effects> and load the first joan's projector (they should start with "[j694]") then arrange everything to something similar to this:
1613490172621.png
this should help you get a better idea of what they are. but as you can see, the projector's texture is using a dummy as an example and we are going to change it using the "rerender" plugin.

so in general, "rerender" is plugin similar to "material editor" that allows you to change object materials and settings, open it by selecting an object from work space then (contorl+R).

next select the projector from the work space and when the plugin menu is up, first turn on the "include shaders" checkbox, then click on the object part you wish to edit on the "target" sub menu to the right then click it's instance name on the "materials" sub menu.
1613491195208.png

now you will be able to view all that object materials if you scroll down through, now to be able to change any texture using rerender in general you will have to click on that texture thumb to open the "texture selector" side menu then select a texture you desire from the scroll down list, but first you have to put all textures you wish to use in a specific folder (gamefolder\BepInEx\plugins\RendererEditor\Textures), then it will appear in the texture list.
1613491389671.png

when you successfully replace the texture that you added to that folder, the projector will now project that image instead.
1613491872377.png

and you are done. rerender will also allow you to edit both the texture image's properties and how they will appear, you can access those setting by clicking on the "properties" button under a texture on the "texture selector". you can also change the projectors's and texture's offset properties from the plugin menu.
1613493323787.png

but there is more to it, not all projector items are the same, each one uses a different shader for render and blending. if you hover over joan's projector items on list you will notice that the name is followed by a type name. ex. "[j694]projector multiply (map)" means that this projector has a "multiply" projection blend type and it only effects maps and studio items.
1613494195776.png

there are four main types and three targets (all, chara alone, map alone). the four blending types are:

• Blend: classic alpha blend, the projected texture replaces gradually the texture below according to its alpha channel.
  • Add: the projected color is added to the color below (making things very bright).
  • Multiply: the best one in my opinion, the projected color multiplies the color below.
  • Sub: the projected color is subtracted from the color below.
depending on how do you want things to be done select the one more suitable for the job, and don't forget to load the correct projector type before you do any edits as you cant change that afterwards.

i hope that was useful and please use the HS2 studio and chara help thread if the question is about studio, chara making and related plugins in the future, it helps reader to find answers for similar problems more easily.

more info about joan's projector items can be found here:

Sorry for the barrage of questions..

I downloaded a studio scene that is supposed to have an animation, and comes with a .PNG and a .DHS file

How do I actually.. play the animation?
what kind of animation does it contain? if it is a studio animation item it should be playing by it self unless the "speed" in the animation menu is set to (0). but if this is a VNGE animation then you first have to get the plugin installed (available in "[optional] mods" in game folder) then open it while in studio. vnge has many tools and the animation can be a "scenesavestate" (SSS) animation, the clip manager is another tool for custom animation which can contain animation data as well. refer to where did you get that scene and check the info about the animation mentioned.

The skin shaders work with or without the DHH graphics mod. For the best results, the DHH mod is recommended.
i think what he meant is to "look as good as" not in terms of working or not :). if this is the same with the next gen shader and i remember correctly the promotion of that skin utilizes some material lighting of the shader that graphics mod allows you to modify like how the light effect translusency, shade blure and such.

trubadix

Jul 10, 2017
Heyho! im currently looking for a mod or something, to use the dance animations (and other animations from the studio) during an h scene.. the fantasy about a little dance in between sounds pretty nice to me. somebody ever heared about something? in the end.. i "just" want to use the gravure plugin not only in the character maker, but also during a h-scene.

would be thankfull for any help!

Great_Old_One

Aug 29, 2020
i think what he meant is to "look as good as" not in terms of working or not :). if this is the same with the next gen shader and i remember correctly the promotion of that skin utilizes some material lighting of the shader that graphics mod allows you to modify like how the light effect translusency, shade blure and such.

The Hanmen shaders and textures are unique. Here's a quote from his own discord post when he recently released the shader for free, where he mentions DHH/Graphics:
Hanmen said:
Next-Gen Skin Shaders [AI*HS2] BETA v1.8 (Free) Lavalamp made a cool guide for it. New Skin & Face Shaders + textures, aiming to improve the visual look and provide realistic skin shading for your characters. Contains zipmod + Graphics presets. This mod intended to work with Graphics plugin ONLY, which means it's won't work with DHH.

If you try to use his shader with DHH, even a non-Hanmen skin texture will look gray or black. But the Hanmen's SSS skin texture (the missing mod in question) is somehow tied in with the Sub Surface Scattering setting in the Graphics mod, so Graphics is even more important for the texture than for the shader. But realistically they all work together, and the results are impressive once it's dialed in. MrWrongtubes has recently posted a few great examples in the card sharing thread: https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...lect-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/post-5129964

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Heyho! im currently looking for a mod or something, to use the dance animations (and other animations from the studio) during an h scene.. the fantasy about a little dance in between sounds pretty nice to me. somebody ever heared about something? in the end.. i "just" want to use the gravure plugin not only in the character maker, but also during a h-scene.

There's nothing for that at the moment, studio things are for studio only and game things are for the game only.

Reactions: Great_Old_One

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
The Hanmen shaders and textures are unique. Here's a quote from his own discord post when he recently released the shader for free, where he mentions DHH/Graphics:

If you try to use his shader with DHH, even a non-Hanmen skin texture will look gray or black. But the Hanmen's SSS skin texture (the missing mod in question) is somehow tied in with the Sub Surface Scattering setting in the Graphics mod, so Graphics is even more important for the texture than for the shader. But realistically they all work together, and the results are impressive once it's dialed in. MrWrongtubes has recently posted a few great examples in the card sharing thread: https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...lect-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/post-5129964
Got it, my bad. I was certain that the SSS Skin shader worked in a base capacity, meaning that it would do some form of shading on it's own, but not in terms of using the actual plug-in. Meaning my assumption was that having the plugin in the mod folder, would mean that it would shade automatically. It could also be the ReShade messing with me as well, because it does it's own set of things for games.

Last edited:

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Many thanks, hun hunter, for your complete explanation. In fact, it was much more than I could expect when I made my question.
In a few words, I tried it and yes, obviously it works perfectly. As you noted, I have tried before through the material editor (well, and in every way I could think of) but nothing worked.
I never imagine it was so complicated (or let's say indirect), but I guess this is the "Studio way". Also, I didn't know about the existence of the rerender mod. I wonder how many surprises I'm about to experience still...
And you're right in that this thread belongs more to the HS2 studio and chara help thread (wich was an invaluable help for me), I will post such questions there from now on. In addition, I think you must move there your explanation too, if you can, it worths indeed.
Once again, many thanks for your time and effort.

Reactions: hun hunter

Demokaze

Jul 15, 2017
the penetration settings are kind of relative to many things like character's and their heights/body size and offset modifications, uncensors for both male and female. this could be why nobody has answered your question. i am afraid experimenting with the better penetration setting on your own is the only way to get better results.:( just keep in minds that character cards downloaded from the internet may have body modifications with bone mod or else, a single penetration setting cant work on all chars. create your own body modifications for you characters and keep it realistic (within range) and use it as a standard for other characters.
I always make my own characters. And always disable slider unlocker values but regardless of body shapes betterpenetration is off the mark with the positions I tested (like exhausted spooning and double decker). And if I tweaked it for those it would break for other positions like reverse cowgirl.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I've already deleted betterpenetration because in my opinion it's not ready to be a mod that's enabled by default.

PeterJohn

Jan 2, 2021
Got it, my bad. I was certain that the SSS Skin shader worked in a base capacity, meaning that it would do some form of shading on it's own, but not in terms of using the actual plug-in. Meaning my assumption was that having the plugin in the mod folder, would mean that it would shade automatically. It could also be the ReShade messing with me as well, because it does it's own set of things for games.
The hanmen textures and shaders you need for the cards are still $10 thought, right?

I always make my own characters. And always disable slider unlocker values but regardless of body shapes betterpenetration is off the mark with the positions I tested (like exhausted spooning and double decker). And if I tweaked it for those it would break for other positions like reverse cowgirl.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I've already deleted betterpenetration because in my opinion it's not ready to be a mod that's enabled by default.
How do you edit penetration settings? I'd like to play around with that too

Demokaze

Jul 15, 2017
How do you edit penetration settings? I'd like to play around with that too
With the latest version of better repack (R3.1) you should have a drop down menu in the plugins menu for better penetration. It's a bit finicky to get the accuracy you want because the implemented collisions make the dick and vagina behave like same-pole magnets.

hun hunter

Dec 30, 2018

why not bring a (h-scene) to the studio? :p

thank you for clarifying this and for the info. the idea is impressive actually, if all skin tones that the shader provides comes from sss this can be something even more big in the future. i also didn't know that the shader is free now, i will surely try it for myself as well :D. the pictures that MrWrongtubes posted are amazing.

Many thanks, hun hunter, for your complete explanation. In fact, it was much more than I could expect when I made my question.
In a few words, I tried it and yes, obviously it works perfectly. As you noted, I have tried before through the material editor (well, and in every way I could think of) but nothing worked.
I never imagine it was so complicated (or let's say indirect), but I guess this is the "Studio way". Also, I didn't know about the existence of the rerender mod. I wonder how many surprises I'm about to experience still...
And you're right in that this thread belongs more to the HS2 studio and chara help thread (wich was an invaluable help for me), I will post such questions there from now on. In addition, I think you must move there your explanation too, if you can, it worths indeed.
Once again, many thanks for your time and effort.
no problem, i hope i will be able to help more in the future. it is how you described "indirect", since most tools were provided by the modding community, you sometimes find your self confused by the number of options and possibilities around you. you will have to be familiar with all the tools available as much as you can to be able to achieve a good result. long live the modders :LOL:.

by the way, i already added the projectors guide to the help thread. the thread is also moved to [Tutorials] now instead of discussion, but the link will always be in my signature =).

i cant say that i know much about the plugin itself but i will try it later on the poses you'v mentioned and try help if i can and if you are still interested of course. or maybe you would like to give the studio a try instead? j_0003 1.gif

SideDoodle

May 22, 2018
can't figure out how to start, i click 'request girl', 'ask for sex' button, it goes yellow / does nothing...

Demokaze

Jul 15, 2017
i cant say that i know much about the plugin itself but i will try it later on the poses you'v mentioned and try help if i can and if you are still interested of course. or maybe you would like to give the studio a try instead? View attachment 1040800
I've tried studio modes up to PlayHome and got bored of the idea. I don't see a point in it if I'm not making games or videos.

I'm not interested about that plugin anymore but I'm curious what you would do with it.

hezelaflare

Feb 15, 2020
So I downloaded an AI shoujo female card and put it into the female char folder for HS2 since they are compatible, but it doesn’t appear when I try to load it or drag it into the character creator. anyway to fix this? do I need to have AI shoujo on my computer in order for AI shoujo characters to work in HS2?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So I downloaded an AI shoujo female card and put it into the female char folder for HS2 since they are compatible, but it doesn’t appear when I try to load it or drag it into the character creator. anyway to fix this? do I need to have AI shoujo on my computer in order for AI shoujo characters to work in HS2?
It is likely either the character data got corrupted during the download or the character data failed to download and all you have is the picture data.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes