PandaGuts

Jan 4, 2021
whats the difference between steam and repack, and i assume i dont need to download each and everyone of them?
im kinda new to this so i hope nobody minds

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
whats the difference between steam and repack, and i assume i dont need to download each and everyone of them?
im kinda new to this so i hope nobody minds
Oh man - next one noob whom I have to recommend to search a little here before you ask the same 100 times answered within the last days ;)

Because I´m in a good mood right now I give you the link to my last explain https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9512111
Steam and Repack are complete different things, they aren´t compatible.

Steam game + the SB3 Patch are nearly the same to play as BetterRepack.

But Steam base game you have to pay, BetterRepack you can get for free.

BetterRepack or SB3 Patch you can get from here

Meepopx

Sep 30, 2019
Help!... most buttons don't work in the game, If I press leave room, create characters etc.. the buttons gets highlighted but then nothing happens.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Help!... most buttons don't work in the game, If I press leave room, create characters etc.. the buttons gets highlighted but then nothing happens.
2 tips that might solve:
Make sure you name and place the game file directory to something short and as high up as possible, like the following D:\STNHS2DX11\
Launch via InitSetting.exe

These two simple steps normally solve a lot of in-game problems

speedfreakZ

Dec 2, 2022
Nearly - but as you can find some postings above (I just recommend you to search back a little) the game including a large Modpack is called "BetterRepack" - this is ~ 55 GB to download.
The other thing is the "Sideloader Modpack Studio" - this is a Modpack only for StudioNEO and not usable in the game.
You can skip these 115 GB at first and download later if you get more interested in creating Studio scenes.
View attachment 2213609
Gotcha. I got it working by downloading version 11 of better repack. The one from fit girl website is outdated. Thank you for help. It amezes me how active is this community..reminds me of golden 90s days of forums. I miss it sometimes.

Ormsby78

Jul 31, 2021
Has anyone encountered a problem using Node Constraints where the node selector no longer appears on whatever is selected? Happened after messing around with StudioNeo2 too much but all of Joan's plugins might as well burned and remade at this point, its all abandonware, even timeline.

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Has anyone encountered a problem using Node Constraints where the node selector no longer appears on whatever is selected? Happened after messing around with StudioNeo2 too much but all of Joan's plugins might as well burned and remade at this point, its all abandonware, even timeline.
What do you mean that the node selector doesn't appear? Do you mean...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, a VERY powerful alternative to timeline is VNGE's Clip Manager plugin

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Don´t work in Studio, have only this tutorial link
Maybe that helps - the background music is nice anyway (guess Nier Automata). :D

Reactions: Mr-Fox

kungfufiatpanda

Nov 28, 2018
hi again, maybe my previous comment came off rude. I'm still experiencing issues with the character creator. The game starts normally, but freezes for a brief moment then crashes soon afterwards as soon as i hit "create girl" or "play"
(My computer meets the recommended requirements). I haven't found any solutions yet. Fiddled with the settings a little but got nowhere. Maybe its a corrupt file? I downloaded the all in one base game repack, but not via torrent. Any try to help is appreciated.

Ormsby78

Jul 31, 2021
What do you mean that the node selector doesn't appear? Do you mean...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, a VERY powerful alternative to timeline is VNGE's Clip Manager plugin
Yeah thats what I mean, but I realize that VNGE is better since mainly its being updated while all of Joan's plugins are obsolete in every since of the word. Still Node Constraints are handy but you can't interact with them in the VNGE Clip Manager for obvious reasons. One thing that might help is if I update to the newest version of the repack since I'm on BR 8 but I still don't know why the Node Constaint plugin is half dead on me when it was working normally.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
hi again, maybe my previous comment came off rude. I'm still experiencing issues with the character creator. The game starts normally, but freezes for a brief moment then crashes soon afterwards as soon as i hit "create girl" or "play"
(My computer meets the recommended requirements). I haven't found any solutions yet. Fiddled with the settings a little but got nowhere. Maybe its a corrupt file? I downloaded the all in one base game repack, but not via torrent. Any try to help is appreciated.
Not sure if you've already been told to try this but these 2 tips seem 2 solve most problems:
Make sure you name and place the game file directory to something short and as high up as possible, like the following D:\STNHS2DX11\
Launch via InitSetting.exe

Other than that and a reboot, you may need to reinstall which may require a redownload. I've found the Torrent approach easier as it avoids joining issues. So may be worth giving that a go if you have to redownload. Torrent is slow so leave to run overnight, but in my view keeps things simple and works.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I can confirm Velcrofly.
So far I understand your log file you seems to have a totally bad installation path.
If possible NOT C:\ and avoid any unnecessary subfolders.
HS2 don´t need a real "installation" as for Windows apps.
Just extract the 7z files (recommended with 7-Zip) directly into the game folder Velcrofly showed you above, create a shortcut to InitSetting.exe on you desktop and launch it.
Make your settings and start the game.

frogpepe

Nov 22, 2019
Cuz ScrewThisNoise is making Modpacks for different Illusion games you have first to choose the game you have.
Then you get the page where you find links to download this stuff.
In the Example it is HoneySelect 2DX
View attachment 2213582

If you have the Steam version you need option 2.

It seems you´re bloody new to this - I recommend you first search a little through this thread at least 50 pages back, you will all learn what you need to bring your game running well ;)
I have downloaded with google drive HS 2 and I got 16 folder. How do I put them together. 7zip doesn't work.

CkLuckyone

Mar 11, 2019
In most cases the install location is not optimal.
You should have your game main folder on top of a drive (better not C:\) without unneccessary subfolders to avoid long file pathes.
Same thing happened to me. I fixed it by opening StudioNeo first instead of HoneySelect. After that HoneySelect works normally
Hi ! I tried both of your solutions to be safe and it worked ! Thanks guys !

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Ormsby78

Jul 31, 2021
An update to my node selector issue, somehow its working normally now, no idea how its fixed but thats that.

Just noticed this guy made an update to plugins that work with VNGE but to me this seems like its no big deal but can someone else more familiar with VNGE tell me how this thing called "SSSB" makes any significant changes to normal workflow?

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes