Feb 3, 2022
Hi all.

some Maker questions:

1. when on the Hair tab, on the bottom left is an option that says Hair Type1 and Type2? what do these do? i tried switching between them but didn't notice anything. :/

2. there is no voice in maker when selecting the type and pitch. i tried reloading the game and nothing happens. only the subtitles appear. is this a bug or maybe an option i missed?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Hi all.

some Maker questions:

1. when on the Hair tab, on the bottom left is an option that says Hair Type1 and Type2? what do these do? i tried switching between them but didn't notice anything. :/

2. there is no voice in maker when selecting the type and pitch. i tried reloading the game and nothing happens. only the subtitles appear. is this a bug or maybe an option i missed?
The hair types just change the "flatness" of the hair. I personally like type 2 better, it's less jagged.
Type 1.png Type 2.png

As for the audio maybe something got changed in the settings.
Audio.png

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
does dx r11 include the dlc
The title "dx" means "Deluxe Edition" = including the DLC, read more here

Pls note that we have now version R12, go there for links

Reactions: Up_down

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Can someone help me i keep getting error when trying to unzip the files
So it looks like you have downloaded the splitted packs of R11.
For R11 you should have 15 files with ending .7z.001 - .7z.015 or similar. Look if you have 1 part (seems part 10) is missing or wrong named.
Read here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-8174651 how to proceed with splitted packs.

Much easier to handle is the 1 single .7z file (R12 ~ 60GB) you get from torrent download.
If you want to switch to the recent BetterRepack version R12 try torrent (torrent file directly here ).
And note that for the game you only need the BetterRepack (~60GB) - the Optional Sideloader Modpack Studio (~160GB) is ONLY for StudioNEO, you can deselect in your torrent program before starting the download.

Reactions: Borrowed_Distant

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
how could i update bepinex and harmony?
Look here , recent version is 5.4.21.
But be careful - if you have an outdated game version it´s better you make a clean new download/install of last version (R12).
Updating a single base mod may cause conflicts with your plugins.

Reactions: marcos10

marcos10

Feb 19, 2018
Look here , recent version is 5.4.21.
But be careful - if you have an outdated game version it´s better you make a clean new download/install of last version (R12).
Updating a single base mod may cause conflicts with your plugins.
I will download and install the game again, and don't use winrar to extract, if i will have the same problem i'll try to update everything :)

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I will download and install the game again, and don't use winrar to extract, if i will have the same problem i'll try to update everything :)
Good idea, last version is R12
I recommend torrent download (1 big 7z file ~ 60GB, easy to extract - best results with 7-Zip).

Borrowed_Distant

Sep 21, 2021
Is there a list somewhere of the MD5 hashes for the split files for the R12 repack? I couldn't find one in this thread, on the BR website, nor on the BR Discord.

I downloaded all the parts and 7-zip 'combined' them (without error) into the monolithic "[ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R12.7z".

However:
  • My MD5 for that file does not match the MD5 listed on BetterRepack.com
  • When I expanded the .7z file, 7-zip gave me 2,627 different errors (For example: Data error : abdata\animator\h\female\01\sonyu.unity3d)
  • When I try to run the game, I get a white screen with the title/logo ("HoneySelect2" "LibidoDX",etc.) and nothing else:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

When I searched for the White Screen issue, I found various suggestions and tried the following:
  • I reduced the length of the Path to the game, by moving the entire thing to C:\HS\
  • I de-selected the "Read Only" attribute on the HS folder, and let Windows clear the Read Only flag for all of the files & folders within
  • I used "InitSetting.exe" to change from "Quality" mode to "Performance" mode, and reduced the screen resolution to the smallest one available
  • I used "[BR] Vanillify the game.bat" to remove all of the mods and other add-ins.
The other thing I saw was that the White Screen might mean that core files are corrupted.

I have terrible internet, and downloading this took a significant effort, so I would like to try to avoid having to start over if possible.

I was hoping that by comparing the hashes for the individual parts, I could try downloading only the ones that didn't get downloaded properly.

Alternatively: If I am starting with the giant .7z file that I created by combining the split files, is there a way to get a Torrent client to check and re-download only the broken chunks?

Edit:
I never found the file hashes so I could redownload the corrupt files. However, I was able to get BitTorrent to fix my downloaded file! For future searchers, here's how/why:

This only worked because [STN] offers both a BitTorrent link and the direct download links, and they are the exact same file. Meaning that whether you download the split files, the monolithic file, or the torrent, you will end up with the exact same file ".7z" file once you're done.

So, if you downloaded the pack directly, (from Mega or Google Drive), but you ended up with a corrupted file, the process to use BitTorrent to fix a corrupted download file is pretty straightforward:
  1. Add the torrent to your torrent client. You can use the ".torrent" file or the Magnet link.
  2. In your torrent client, choose which files to download. The torrent may include the "Optional studio mods", which you should deselect (assuming you're trying to fix the main release).
  3. Make sure to let the torrent start downloading. Just a couple MB should be enough.
  4. Stop the download by quitting your client. Make sure to exit completely, or else you won't be able to copy your files in.
  5. Find the folder where the torrent was downloading.
  6. Move your corrupted file into the same folder. If it isn't already, name it exactly like the torrent version. You should need to "overwrite" the file that your torrent client started to download.
  7. Reopen the torrent client.
  8. Click on the torrent and choose "Force Recheck". This will take a while.
  9. You should see the "download progres" jump from 0% up to however much of the file you have which wasn't corrupted. In my case it was 99.9%.
  10. Let the torrent client download the rest. Once it hits 100% , your file has been fixed.
This should work with any torrent client. I used qbittorrent.

This would in theory also work for literally any game, if it has a torrent which uses the exact same file as the direct download.

(This was inspired in part by: )

Last edited:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Is there a list somewhere of the MD5 hashes for the split files for the R12 repack? I couldn't find one in this thread, on the BR website, nor on the BR Discord.

I downloaded all the parts and 7-zip 'combined' them (without error) into the monolithic "[ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R12.7z".

However:
  • My MD5 for that file does not match the MD5 listed on BetterRepack.com
  • When I expanded the .7z file, 7-zip gave me 2,627 different errors (For example: Data error : abdata\animator\h\female\01\sonyu.unity3d)
  • When I try to run the game, I get a white screen with the title/logo ("HoneySelect2" "LibidoDX",etc.) and nothing else:

When I searched for the White Screen issue, I found various suggestions and tried the following:
  • I reduced the length of the Path to the game, by moving the entire thing to C:\HS\
  • I de-selected the "Read Only" attribute on the HS folder, and let Windows clear the Read Only flag for all of the files & folders within
  • I used "InitSetting.exe" to change from "Quality" mode to "Performance" mode, and reduced the screen resolution to the smallest one available
  • I used "[BR] Vanillify the game.bat" to remove all of the mods and other add-ins.
The other thing I saw was that the White Screen might mean that core files are corrupted.

I have terrible internet, and downloading this took a significant effort, so I would like to try to avoid having to start over if possible.

I was hoping that by comparing the hashes for the individual parts, I could try downloading only the ones that didn't get downloaded properly.

Alternatively: If I am starting with the giant .7z file that I created by combining the split files, is there a way to get a Torrent client to check and re-download only the broken chunks?
No clue what you´re meaning with "MD5".
But I guess you´ve downloaded the BR12 in splitted packs - that should be 16 - 18 files, depending of the source
For example from MEGA
SplittedListMegaR12.jpg

But you must not "stitch" them together, you start the extracting with SPLIT.7z.001 and the rest is running automatically (implied no file is corrupted).

I just posted a "how to" above https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-10675058

Borrowed_Distant

Sep 21, 2021
Thanks for the info.

I did indeed follow those directions. As I said, I used 7-zip (the program) to combine the (18) downloaded parts into the one massive (62Gb) ".7z" file.

Then I was able to decompress the 7z file using 7-zip.

That's how I ended up with a folder containing the game files.

No clue what you´re meaning with "MD5".
MD5 is one algorithm for checking the validity of a downloaded file.

The Better Repack site gives the CRC, MD5, and SHA-1 hashes but only for the complete pack:

If someone has the hashes for the different split parts, I could know which ones I need to redownload.

Edit:

But you must not "stitch" them together, you start the extracting with SPLIT.7z.001 and the rest is running automatically (implied no file is corrupted).
From what I've found, recombining split parts does not actually check whether the files are valid or not.

Behind the scenes, when you open the ".001" file, 7-zip is just stitching all the files together and doesn't care whether the pieces are corrupt.

That's why I was able to get a 7z file out of the parts I downloaded, even though the 7z file itself did not match the original file.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thanks for the info.

I did indeed follow those directions. As I said, I used 7-zip (the program) to combine the (18) downloaded parts into the one massive (62Gb) ".7z" file.

The Better Repack site gives the CRC, MD5, and SHA-1 hashes but only for the complete pack:
Ah - ok, learnt something new.

But again: combining the splitted files to 1 big .7z before extracting is not the way I know.
Normally you put the 18 files into 1 folder, then start to extract only the .001 part with 7-Zip to your game folder (better NOT C:/ - can cause conflicts with operating system) and the whole extracting should run automatically until the end.

Did you compare your files with the MEGA list I posted above? Same sizes?

Btw the full .7zip file via torrent for R12 is 59,5 GB, not 62GB as your assembling
TorrentR12-List.jpg

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Thanks for the info.

If someone has the hashes for the different split parts, I could know which ones I need to redownload.

Edit:

From what I've found, recombining split parts does not actually check whether the files are valid or not.

Behind the scenes, when you open the ".001" file, 7-zip is just stitching all the files together and doesn't care whether the pieces are corrupt.

That's why I was able to get a 7z file out of the parts I downloaded, even though the 7z file itself did not match the original file.
Also you should pay attention that the much easier and safer way to install the game is to download via torrent.
Get the file here

Borrowed_Distant

Sep 21, 2021
But again: combining the splitted files to 1 big .7z before extracting is not the way I know.
Normally you put the 18 files into 1 folder, then start to extract only the .001 part with 7-Zip to your game folder (better NOT C:/ - can cause conflicts with operating system) and the whole extracting should run automatically until the end.
I'm 99% sure we're describing the same thing in different ways. I did end up with a folder containing HoneySelect2.exe, which I wouldn't have done without following the basic process correctly.

Did you compare your files with the MEGA list I posted above? Same sizes?
Yes, Mega is where I got my files. My files show as 3.41Gb on disk, which is probably just a rounding error from what Mega shows. The main thing is that 17 of the 18 pieces are the exact same size, with the 18th file being the 'remainder'.

Btw the full .7zip file via torrent for R12 is 59,5 GB, not 62GB as your assembling
My bad, I said "62Gb" because Windows shows it as 62,xxx,xxx KB. The file is 59.4 GB, which is the proper conversion from KB.

explorer_pdmwaKbXoI.png

Also you should pay attention that the much easier and safer way to install the game is to download via torrent.
That's what I'll try next, I guess. Thanks! :)

Feb 3, 2022
The hair types just change the "flatness" of the hair. I personally like type 2 better, it's less jagged.
View attachment 2588810 View attachment 2588811

As for the audio maybe something got changed in the settings.
View attachment 2588809
cool to know about the hair. i'll put on my glasses next time to notice. haha.

as for the audio, the settings was the first thing i checked. Master is on full. the different voices are on full volume too. i restarted the game and nothing. the thing is that the voices work during actual gameplay. it's weird,

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes