Nobiltas4490

Mar 22, 2023
I don't know if this is because of the character slider options or because of the specific face types. But with a few modded girls, when I am in a blowjob animation their mouths/lips extend out, and I have no idea what the issue could be, especially since it doesn't happen with Fur, and presumably other vanilla women.

Any help would be welcome.

jojo901

Mar 17, 2019
I don't know if this is because of the character slider options or because of the specific face types. But with a few modded girls, when I am in a blowjob animation their mouths/lips extend out, and I have no idea what the issue could be, especially since it doesn't happen with Fur, and presumably other vanilla women.

Any help would be welcome.
it is a combination of both, slider and face type. But you can easily get the effect on standard chars with the Head and mouth sliders.
HS2_2023-05-21-07-00-16-963.png

Feb 3, 2022
Hi!
You're right and not alone in this. Myself started to play HS2 in BR8, no issues at all, sometimes missing mods and so. The same machine until BR12, My old Laptop died ( I don't want to link its dead with playing HS2) but yes, I undergo in that machine unexpected closes, or while loading scenes, it crashes by no reason. by Today I am trying to make decent scenes to share but I encounter difficults to do a GD thing, for example my framerate drops dramatically to 15 fps and near impossible to do a decent animation with 2 actors, and don't want to say whe those actors are SSS made, like those godess from Sykosys or Daggoth, heavy cards make impossible to play, even create, could blame my pokedex machine of course, but i am sure the update in the BepInEx core and all thing who make it works are eating too much resources in old machines.
I am trying to get a brand new machine and I'm affraid it won't be enough for this BR12 HS2. Time will tell.

it is kind of strange. it could be just a simple mod or what have you. just from 11 to 12 it began acting up. i was even able to use dhh before with no problems at my settings. perhaps not at 60fps but for sure playable. now i just don't use dhh because i think it will boot me out faster lol. the changing of the font size and folder browser box for no reason is just like "wtf". mind you, just last week i did a clean br12 install since i was getting some glitches when just manually upgrading instead of the full install. it ran fine then i think after i ran Update from the launcher it started again, so who knows. bummer. Oh and i should mentions as well that you are correct. It started using more memory. almost all of it. ugh. hopefully someone can find a solution or maybe a clue as to what is the deal. :(

Reactions: Kaseijin

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
So I've been playing around a bit with HS2 and finding my way around it and the studio. I have a problem I have not been able to resolve though, how do I create see-through/NPC single-colored characters? Basically a mannequin that I can change the transparency of. Is there a setting or mod for this, or do I need to create or find some transparent overlay material to achieve this?
I think this how you do it. Select the character in Workspace, then Anim, Attitude,
1684672946034.png

scroll down and select Monocolor
1684672978216.png

then click on Color and you can change the colour and change transparency setting on the right
1684673068132.png

Hope that is what you are looking for

TEKKEN9

May 12, 2020
Result of comparing game files and steam files : c# develop.

To fix the mouse wheel error in VR, first delete steam VR, right-click the virtual desktop in the task pane, click launch game, and run honey select. Then the mouse wheel error is fixed. Then have fun playing!
Caution, if you can't find the game when you play launch game, put the file in c drive.
Reply me more if you want to ask more

Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
My HS2 has started acting up. I am not using DHH nor Graphics. It has been force closing on me a few times this week. I now know when it's going to end up closing by some "symptoms" i picked up on.

After playing or being in maker, sometimes the folder browser window straight up changes both in size and font. It becomes smaller. The rest of the game stays running fine for a few minutes more then closes. Another way is that during H-scene the subtitle font gets 2-3x times larger than normal. Not long after, it closes Or if i end the scene it closes at the white loading screen. I have been playing HS2 since R8 and my problems seem to have started after R12. I don't know if it's coincidence or not. I should also say that while i don't have a SUPER machine. Far from it, but i was always able to play on min graphics with no hiccups until now.

Any ideas on what can cause this behavior?
Hi!
You're right and not alone in this. Myself started to play HS2 in BR8, no issues at all, sometimes missing mods and so. The same machine until BR12, My old Laptop died ( I don't want to link its dead with playing HS2) but yes, I undergo in that machine unexpected closes, or while loading scenes, it crashes by no reason. by Today I am trying to make decent scenes to share but I encounter difficults to do a GD thing, for example my framerate drops dramatically to 15 fps and near impossible to do a decent animation with 2 actors, and don't want to say whe those actors are SSS made, like those godess from Sykosys or Daggoth, heavy cards make impossible to play, even create, could blame my pokedex machine of course, but i am sure the update in the BepInEx core and all thing who make it works are eating too much resources in old machines.
I am trying to get a brand new machine and I'm affraid it won't be enough for this BR12 HS2. Time will tell.
I can´t imagine that you have such a potato machine that the game can´t work well.
Before I upgraded my old Desktop (Core Quad 9550, 4 GB RAM, Ati RX570) with a new board, Ryzen CPU and 32 GB RAM the game was also running without troubles (with GraphicsMod enabled), only the loading times where boring until I transfered the game from old HDD to a SSD.

So I guess your HS2 is crying out for a complete new install.
Did you make your upgrade from R11 to R12 via upgrade file from here
If so you should also make a new download. My experience from this thread is that the upgrade way often is leading into troubles.

How to make a perfect install was posted here 1000 times.

Last edited:

ChubbyCheek

Dec 11, 2018
Having issues with extracting after downloading from multiple sources. Continuously getting a "Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)". I have downloaded from MEGA (twice) and G Drive, ending with the same issue. Then I downloaded from the actual Betterrepack site's MEGA and ended with the same error. Lastly I downloaded HS2 off the Betterrepack nyaa-torrent with qbittorrent and got the same issue.

I have ran CHKDSK on my D drive and found no issues. I have tried renaming the zip file shorter and putting it at the top of my drive: "D:\Honey Select 2". Not sure what else to troubleshoot. I ran into the same issue with another game, but downloading off GoFile servers seem to have been the solution for that one (which was also split zip files).

I was thinking of deleting the unreadable files in the zip then finding and replacing those files after a successful extraction. Would that even work tho? :FacePalm:

Here is a snip of the extraction error from the zip file off the torrent.
CRC for Splitet File Repack 12
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9314503

Feb 3, 2022
I can´t imagine that you have such a potato machine that the game can´t work well.
Before I upgraded my old Desktop (Core Quad 9550, 4 GB RAM, Ati RX570) with a new board, Ryzen CPU and 32 GB RAM the game was also running without troubles (with GraphicsMod enabled), only the loading times where boring until I transfered the game from old HDD to a SSD.

So I guess your HS2 is crying out for a complete new install.
Did you make your upgrade from R11 to R12 via upgrade file from here
If so you should also make a new download. My experience from this thread is that the upgrade way often is leading into troubles.

How to make a perfect install was posted here 1000 times.

my machine is a very casual. not a potato, but as i mentioned before, i was able to run it just fine with dhh on before 12. i had updated from 11 to 12 by just downloading the "patch" i guess you would say. this is from BR site just as i had done since R8. once i noticed it was acting up i did a clean install just last week. did the clean install of 12 then patched from the launcher. everything seemed to run a bit better then it started crapping out. it just stumps me that it is doing this since it ran just fine before. :/

• Thinking Face
Reactions: turbojoe

Maguna50

Apr 11, 2023
Hey guys, I've been playing HS2 studio for more than 5 years. Recently I met a problem like this:
In the studio,when I replace the female chara into another one which is downloaded from internet, some other chara in the scene will be invisible, when you pick this chara,you can still see the FK/IK points there but the body is invisible. I checked the console it shows:

[Error : Unity Log] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Stack trace:
AIChara.CmpBase.get_isVisible () (at <f42641e4193742afa1c79de0438b6fed>:0)
AIChara.ChaControl.get_IsVisibleInCamera () (at <f42641e4193742afa1c79de0438b6fed>:0)
MoreAccessoriesAI.Patches.ChaControl_Patches.LateUpdateForce_Postfix (AIChara.ChaControl __instance) (at <db4935c4cab14971a4d537874221607e>:0)
(wrapper dynamic-method) AIChara.ChaControl.DMD<AIChara.ChaControl::LateUpdateForce>(AIChara.ChaControl)
(wrapper dynamic-method) Manager.Character.DMD<Manager.Character::LateUpdate>(Manager.Character)

and this just continuely showing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
In my case for example when I replaced Garnetfanatico's Talim with head and costume mod to another chara, and the error happens.

Fortunately now only a few chara causes this error,but some of them are really well made T T

Does anybody know what's the reason for this? I've updated my game and plugins into the newest.

Nobiltas4490

Mar 22, 2023
it is a combination of both, slider and face type. But you can easily get the effect on standard chars with the Head and mouth sliders.
View attachment 2638240
Well I checked, it impacts some other characters, but also doesn't on others.

Anyways, does anyone else have a anti-virus warning when trying to reach Illusion.booru? Because when I tried going there recently I got a url:blacklist warning, which I never had before.

Last edited:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
my machine is a very casual. not a potato, but as i mentioned before, i was able to run it just fine with dhh on before 12. i had updated from 11 to 12 by just downloading the "patch" i guess you would say. this is from BR site just as i had done since R8. once i noticed it was acting up i did a clean install just last week. did the clean install of 12 then patched from the launcher. everything seemed to run a bit better then it started crapping out. it just stumps me that it is doing this since it ran just fine before. :/
What now: running an upgraded R11 to R12, or at least a full new download of BR R12?
I myself always doing a complete new download/install (and always from torrent), copy my UserData and MyMods to the new version and keep the old game as backup, til everything is running for satisfaction.

And: did you try GraphicsMods for comparison?
Do you have activated Better Anti Aliasing too (NOT recommended)?

ilikemusic1

May 24, 2019
Struggling getting this to run in the background? Every time I click off the screen it minimizes the window? Anyone got a solution (that isn't playing in windowed mode)? Thanks

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I am not sure if that's the right place to ask, but with the bundle you get a ton of items.
Is there a way (easy possibly) to remove them? The KKManager seems to know the items but has no previews. I kind of want keep what i like and the rest toss.
Is that possible? I am not even sure what the game requires (if you play it).
Thanks, coming from DAZ i like to keep it organized and just have what i like or what is needed. I know, sounds strange.

Feb 3, 2022
What now: running an upgraded R11 to R12, or at least a full new download of BR R12?
I myself always doing a complete new download/install (and always from torrent), copy my UserData and MyMods to the new version and keep the old game as backup, til everything is running for satisfaction.

And: did you try GraphicsMods for comparison?
Do you have activated Better Anti Aliasing too (NOT recommended)?
i actually did a fresh new install of r12 downloaded from BR site. not just the r12 update, but the full game in r12. problem persisted. i have used both dhh and graphic before and had only problems with Graphics. i think that was mostly due to my machine. Dhh was fine. Now i even play without Dhh nor GraphicsMod just in case they were causin a problem, but it still happened. I did follow the fresh install instructions since you guys helped me out a few pages back on this thread. i honestly don't know what happened between r11 and r12 that the game is acting up. i know it hasn't happened to everyone, but i would like to figure out what's going on.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I am not sure if that's the right place to ask, but with the bundle you get a ton of items.
Is there a way (easy possibly) to remove them? The KKManager seems to know the items but has no previews. I kind of want keep what i like and the rest toss.
Is that possible? I am not even sure what the game requires (if you play it).
Thanks, coming from DAZ i like to keep it organized and just have what i like or what is needed. I know, sounds strange.
Don´t do that!!!
But on the contrary you should run the Sideloader update (via InitSetting or KK-Manager) regularly so you gain even more mods by the time.

Why?
So far you´re using character cards from other authors you have to reckon with all these common Sideloader mods the creators usually are using - for example Sykosis who is always demanding a fully updated BetterRepack for his amazing creations.

Or do you want to drive a Porsche with an old beetle engine? :LOL:

The only mods you don´t need are - if you only want to play the game and work with chara maker, but not intensively with StudioNEO , is the [Optional] Sideloader Modpack Studio (alone ~150GB to download). These mods are only usable in StudioNEO and not in game.
If you already have installed it, delete the folder "mods\Sideloader Modpack - Studio".

Last edited:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
i actually did a fresh new install of r12 downloaded from BR site. not just the r12 update, but the full game in r12. problem persisted. i have used both dhh and graphic before and had only problems with Graphics. i think that was mostly due to my machine. Dhh was fine. Now i even play without Dhh nor GraphicsMod just in case they were causin a problem, but it still happened. I did follow the fresh install instructions since you guys helped me out a few pages back on this thread. i honestly don't know what happened between r11 and r12 that the game is acting up. i know it hasn't happened to everyone, but i would like to figure out what's going on.
Now things going weird.
So far I know all the graphics and physics stuff didn´t significantly change to R12.
See yourself here
As you can see here the recent GraphicsMod was released Feb2023 actually to R12, but only slight tweaks without presumable effects on graphics performance.

Last idea so far you didn´t try yet: try smaller resolutions and window mod (no fullscreen).

Reactions: slammingsalmon

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Don´t do that!!!
But on the contrary you should run the Sideloader update (via InitSetting or KK-Manager) regularly so you gain even more mods by the time.

Why?
So far you´re using character cards from other authors you have to reckon with all these common Sideloader mods the creators usually are using - for example Sykosis who is always demanding a fully updated BetterRepack for his amazing creations.

Or do you want to drive a Porsche with an old beetle engine? :LOL:

The only mods you don´t need are - if you only want to play the game and work with chara maker, but not intensively with StudioNEO , is the [Optional] Sideloader Modpack Studio (alone ~150GB to download). These mods are only usable in StudioNEO and not in game.
If you already have installed it, delete the folder "mods\Sideloader Modpack - Studio".
Well, for me, i am using StudioNEO above all. So yes, lesser the game but creating.
I was yesterday on the discord channel from Illusion and it's funny to see so many DAZ assets converted or recreated for this game engine.

The biggest challenge for me is questions like how does erection work, or lights... I was surprised that renders take seconds. I watched some videos from a french guy called Lavalamp22 which was quite helpful.

The only reason i liked to remove some stuff was dragon boots or the like. I think i probably never use them. Stuff like that.
Anyway, i am updating right now and seem there are a lot of updates. Didn't realize that.

Just a last question. When buying the game. Is there a guide how to move your mods to it? Is Steam the only way to buy it?
This is a silly question maybe, but what is Play Home? I see many, i think game engines, that are on the sides mentioned when downloading. From what i gather, Play Home is aeh... non consensual in nature.

I feel like a total noob at the moment with this new thing.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Well, for me, i am using StudioNEO above all. So yes, lesser the game but creating.
I was yesterday on the discord channel from Illusion and it's funny to see so many DAZ assets converted or recreated for this game engine.

The biggest challenge for me is questions like how does erection work, or lights... I was surprised that renders take seconds. I watched some videos from a french guy called Lavalamp22 which was quite helpful.

The only reason i liked to remove some stuff was dragon boots or the like. I think i probably never use them. Stuff like that.
Anyway, i am updating right now and seem there are a lot of updates. Didn't realize that.

Just a last question. When buying the game. Is there a guide how to move your mods to it? Is Steam the only way to buy it?
This is a silly question maybe, but what is Play Home? I see many, i think game engines, that are on the sides mentioned when downloading. From what i gather, Play Home is aeh... non consensual in nature.

I feel like a total noob at the moment with this new thing.
Ahhh...here we are! You´re only looking so far and haven´t downloaded yet.

For your last question I can help.
First read this https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9723614
To add: recent BetterRepack version is R12, offers always the latest versions of Illusion games. The page 1 here is still only R11.
The better choice in my opinion is BetterRepack cuz it´s free and you have the update option for the mods.
Play Home? Look here for all Illusion Games existing

If you have decided for HS2 BetterRepack I can give you more hints about best downloading and install (is no install like other games, only extracting - but there are some obstacles to overcome for best result).

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Ahhh...here we are! You´re only looking so far and haven´t downloaded yet.

For your last question I can help.
First read this https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9723614
To add: recent BetterRepack version is R12, offers always the latest versions of Illusion games. The page 1 here is still only R11.
The better choice in my opinion is BetterRepack cuz it´s free and you have the update option for the mods.
Play Home? Look here for all Illusion Games existing

If you have decided for HS2 BetterRepack I can give you more hints about best downloading and install (is no install like other games, only extracting - but there are some obstacles to overcome for best result).
Ah, i see.
Yes, i think i wasn't aware that you have or should update.
So i am doing it now. Actually i will just reinstall everything and update over night. It takes really a long time.
Instead of the outdated version, i will install what you linked. Should be a simple as what i downloaded before.
I am using Peazip. So the archive action should be fine.
Usually i add them in the mod folder.

At the moment, i am still learning. I think i like it, even though it is really a japanese style game with mostly japanese style characters. They look pretty nice actually.

It's amazing how large everything is. I may need a larger harddrive.

So here is what i am doing right now. I download the 18 files of the repack12 and the optional mods that has 43 files. (wow)
when all down i will place them on my harddrive.
Or is it more complicated?

And after all that, i will run KK manager.

It got me thinking. SInce this comes with Unity, can you build a game out of that?

Thanks for sharing. It's question like mine that happen very often.

At the moment, for creating at least, my biggest problems are men. There aren't many i found. So i have to dig a little more to find some suitable examples. Originally i wanted to have western flavor but i think i will let that go. I am ok whats out there. I have to readjust from DAZ. It's all different.

Thanks for taken time.

p.s. i download the full pack as i am unable to download further from Google. Torrent now. 200GB.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes