turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
At the moment, i am still learning. I think i like it, even though it is really a japanese style game with mostly japanese style characters. They look pretty nice actually.

It's amazing how large everything is. I may need a larger harddrive.

At the moment, for creating at least, my biggest problems are men. There aren't many i found. So i have to dig a little more to find some suitable examples. Originally i wanted to have western flavor but i think i will let that go. I am ok whats out there. I have to readjust from DAZ. It's all different.

Torrent now. 200GB.
That it what I wanted to stongly recommend - torrent download maybe tooking more time, but the one (with Studio Modpack two) big 7z files are much easier and more failsafe to extract/install. 7-Zip is working best with these files.
All is going into a main game folder which should be on top of a drive (for shortest file pathes) and not C:\ (can cause conflicts with operating system.
Forget registry fixer bat, the game is running better standalone.

Game size: here are no compressed files like in AAA games and the many community mods with sometimes HighRes files are blowing up the size.

Indeed male cards are rarely, but there are some creators making nice models. Search here
Here is a nice site for (mostly) female cards.
And also Discord you´re knowing yet.

Also it´s no bad idea to make a walkthrough of this thread https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-and-honey-select-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/page-763 at least this year.
And mind these https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/, https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/
Here I listed some StudioNEO tutorials I found on Youtube https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-10565615 (hope they are still existing).

EDIT: just forgot a note to "japanese style characters" - you also will find western style characters, like for example from Perseus Stoned (there are some here ), and also cards of more or less well cloned real persons.
I myself prefer to create more western style, main base is DBLIn´s Western Face (head model = "Face Type" included in BetterRepack) - look at my Kenzato site

Last edited:

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
How does this game stack to Koikatsu party? More in-depth, or worse in terms of what u can do?
I haven't played Koikatsu party but in my view HS2 rocks. If you have a look on Bepis DB or Kenzato Booru you can see some of the cards created for both games and compare.

I've been at it a couple of years now and what I tend to spend time on varies. At first it was all about the game itself, then creating or adjusting characters to use in the game, then I discovered Studio NEO and it's endless possibilities. Now I bounce between the three, sometimes leaving one for weeks at a time but always coming back. I probably spend way more time in Character Maker than the game. I wish I had more time to devote to Studio.
Check out some of the character creations by the likes of Nelz1817, Sykosis, Tretete, Popotin, Hikari Shuya, DJ-Extremo, Orochi, Synalon (I don't think all of those post here) for what can be done.
With plug-ins like VNGE and MMD Director you can have a lot of fun in Studio. Do you want to get your favourite singer or group to sing and dance to a song while gradually losing items of clothing? Done. Do you want to set up a multi-scene, multi-charactered, animated story? Done - check out Daggoth or Kaseljin as examples of what can be done. There are plenty of others whose names I've forgotten.
I always say that the only limits to Studio is the capability of your PC and your imagination.

Best of luck

NTR-Lord

May 24, 2023
I haven't played Koikatsu party but in my view HS2 rocks. If you have a look on Bepis DB or Kenzato Booru you can see some of the cards created for both games and compare.

I've been at it a couple of years now and what I tend to spend time on varies. At first it was all about the game itself, then creating or adjusting characters to use in the game, then I discovered Studio NEO and it's endless possibilities. Now I bounce between the three, sometimes leaving one for weeks at a time but always coming back. I probably spend way more time in Character Maker than the game. I wish I had more time to devote to Studio.
Check out some of the character creations by the likes of Nelz1817, Sykosis, Tretete, Popotin, Hikari Shuya, DJ-Extremo, Orochi, Synalon (I don't think all of those post here) for what can be done.
With plug-ins like VNGE and MMD Director you can have a lot of fun in Studio. Do you want to get your favourite singer or group to sing and dance to a song while gradually losing items of clothing? Done. Do you want to set up a multi-scene, multi-charactered, animated story? Done - check out Daggoth or Kaseljin as examples of what can be done. There are plenty of others whose names I've forgotten.
I always say that the only limits to Studio is the capability of your PC and your imagination.

Best of luck

Much love for the long write up. I really appreciate it. Do people actually play HS or do they use only the Studio mode like 99% of Koikatsu players.

Spannung23

Feb 10, 2021
Hello, does someone know if there is any way to make it look like gaping holes StudioNEO? I read that there is some way with the "Innit" version, but i looked through the dynamic Bones and through the material editor but i didn't found anything to edit it.

I would really appreciate an answer. Thank you.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Much love for the long write up. I really appreciate it. Do people actually play HS or do they use only the Studio mode like 99% of Koikatsu players.
I play the game occasionally. Normally when I have a new character I am happy with. But I can go several months ignoring it and just working in Studio and Character Maker.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I would say the possibilities in HS2 are divided more or less evenly.
As I watch the postings here for nearly 2 years it´s depending on the personal taste.
There are people mainly working in StudioNEO or creating character cards, but "playing" would more or less everybody.

To look what happens in StudioNEO watch this thread too https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Hi, so everything went fine with R12.

The only problem i am facing is adding a map.
I tried several way to adding the map.
One, move it manually into the mymods folder. KK Manager recognized it but did not show up in the editor.
Then with KK manager adding the mod. Still not showing up. Am i missing something.
It's this asset and it was listed as a HS2 asset.

What do i do wrong with this asset? It makes me think that either it isn't written in a file that the system recognizes or that it isn't compatible. Oh well...

p.s. nevermind. I found it. Stupid beginner error.

Last edited:

Spannung23

Feb 10, 2021
I have another question since no one answered on the Discord. Is there a possibilty to save Skin Overlays for several characters so i can just change the skin overlay in the Studio? Right now i have like 5 versions of every character and i would like to change that.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hi, so everything went fine with R12.

The only problem i am facing is adding a map.
I tried several way to adding the map.
One, move it manually into the mymods folder. KK Manager recognized it but did not show up in the editor.
Then with KK manager adding the mod. Still not showing up. Am i missing something.
It's this asset and it was listed as a HS2 asset.

What do i do wrong with this asset? It makes me think that either it isn't written in a file that the system recognizes or that it isn't compatible. Oh well...

p.s. nevermind. I found it. Stupid beginner error.
I have another question since no one answered on the Discord. Is there a possibilty to save Skin Overlays for several characters so i can just change the skin overlay in the Studio? Right now i have like 5 versions of every character and i would like to change that.
Questions about studio better post also here https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/ and here https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-honey-select-2-studio-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
HI!
I hadn't considered that before and I do not if that is possible. And that is an interesting question. You see, in the past I made a VNGE involving a girl who was beaten so bad that those bruises were obvious but instead I did two characters, one in good look and the other beaten and looking bad.

Feb 3, 2022
Now things going weird.
So far I know all the graphics and physics stuff didn´t significantly change to R12.
See yourself here
As you can see here the recent GraphicsMod was released Feb2023 actually to R12, but only slight tweaks without presumable effects on graphics performance.

Last idea so far you didn´t try yet: try smaller resolutions and window mod (no fullscreen).
yeah, i didn't really have problems with Graphics nor DHH. Dhh just worked better for me and my machine. i just stopped using them to see if they were the cause of the problems but it doesn't seem that way. i currently play in 720 which is the lowest the game allows me. i will however try windowed mode and see if that changes anything. i did however install HS1 which i know is an older game, but it runs fine at full graphics. granted it's probably a less complex game to run, but i just think of mentioning it. :/

• Sad
Reactions: turbojoe

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Been a while since I was last here.
I'm more into Studio guy. I think I spent 80% in Studio and the remaining 20% in CharaMaker to make new coordinate, not a new character.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
HI!
I hadn't considered that before and I do not if that is possible. And that is an interesting question. You see, in the past I made a VNGE involving a girl who was beaten so bad that those bruises were obvious but instead I did two characters, one in good look and the other beaten and looking bad.
I'd like to know too if its possible.
I thought thats what Variant do in the Chara Loader, but seems I was wrong.
Now I'm still wondering what does Variant do.

Thanna

Mar 29, 2020
Hello guys!

Can somebody help me i have from Repack DX 12 all Split packs only the First one! Fom Google Drive i have try it with the Mega 1 pack but it dont work -.- . And everytime when i try to download it over Google he say the data was to often use i must wait . Thx when anyone can help!
[ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R12 SPLIT.7z.001 <--- this one

Last edited:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hello guys!

Can somebody help me i have from Repack DX 12 all Split packs only the First one! Fom Google Drive i have try it with the Mega 1 pack but it dont work -.- . And everytime when i try to download it over Google he say the data was to often use i must wait . Thx when anyone can help!
[ScrewThisNoise] HoneySelect 2 DX BetterRepack R12 SPLIT.7z.001 <--- this one
Best site for links is here
Anyway I recommend torrent download. Taking mostly more time to download, but you can leave it alone (while you´re sleeping or at work) and the 1 big 7z file is much easier and more failsafe to extract.
Splitted files often are corrupted or having issues while extracting.

Direct link to torrent file here

Pls note that you can deselect the 150 GB Optional Sideloader modpack Studio before starting the download, so far you only want the game and not intensively work with StudioNEO.

dokdumdon

Oct 1, 2020
Can someone share these mod
sjjpl_hair_female127_f
sjjpl_hair_female132
i already download betterrepack and update every mod but i can't find it

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes