silentrue

Oct 24, 2019
i need some help game is not working for me, as soon as game starts i get the popup that server connection failed if i click quit the game closes, i even dowloaded the offline patch i have also blocked game exe in firewall but still not working
what am i doing wrong
Me too i also have this problem, bepinex seems not working on me

silentrue

Oct 24, 2019
For those who have download the base game and offline patch seperate but when you open the game it closes, you need to connect to internet first and wait until you are in the title menu, cuz it need to install and compile some shit after it finish close again and open then you dont need to connect the internet now and fully offline.

ManlyMarco

Jan 12, 2019
Thanks! Sorry, but I don't use discord, could you please ask Marco for me?
(y)
Most scenes load quickly, but there are some that take insanely long time to load, but they finish eventually, and some never finish (I have waited more than 10 minutes with this one, still can't click on x).
This is a common issue in studios across all games when there's a lot of items in the scene. It's minimized by some plugins in previous games but they are likely not viable to port to HC.

silentrue

Oct 24, 2019
Im one of those peps thats download r1 to r1.2 but theres no r1.2 to r1.3 and its straight up 1.3 do i need to redownload the game just for dolce dlc

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
Im one of those peps thats download r1 to r1.2 but theres no r1.2 to r1.3 and its straight up 1.3 do i need to redownload the game just for dolce dlc

Yep. Not sure why, but thankfully the torrent has a lot of seeds so it was quick.

justaplayer69

Nov 29, 2023
@MainlyMarco: thanks! I hope ppl will find this CharaCard extractor useful, as it works with HoneyCome as well!

About the DigitalCraft studio freeze, I don't think it's my machine (also SSD, 8 cores, 4GHz, lots of RAM):

- most scenes load quickly (less than 30 secs in total)

- some take a while (1 - 2 min), these are the ones with lots if items and/or mods, but I've noticed it's often the map that takes long. The scene graph (on "Work" window) and the characters appear quickly (about 10 secs) and they begin to move behind the "load scene" window, and after a while the map appears too and that's when I get control back and I can click on x.

- some freeze (over 10 minutes and still loading). It seems that these are exclusively the ones with tentacles? I haven't noticed at first, but the scene I've linked also had some. Anyway, this indicates that there are some mods that are making the studio freeze.

Could it be that the latest update (with the meat room and tentacles) come with some corrupt mod files in betterrepack perhaps? The 7z checksums were all ok, so I don't think it's a transmission error, and I have also downloaded it multiple times. I can't seem to find the Xmas outfit either, but I'm not sure if that's supposed to be in the latest betterrepack or not? I'm confused, this is unlike screwthisnoise, I never had issues with his repacks before, so seems very unlikely. But scenes with tentacles make my studio freeze, of that I'm certain, and all the other mods seems to work.

Edit: I haven't done this before because this isn't my thing, but now I've started the base game and checked out Free Sex, Wall of Flesh and there's no issues with the tentacles there. So it seems the mod is okay, it just freeze when studio tries to load it, but works fine in the base game? Wtf?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020
Hello Gamers.

So, I recently have come to learn about Honeycome existence and, given what sort of game it is, I need feedback and guidance.
I want to know how viable/easy to use Honeycome is for PURELY CHARACTER AND SCENE CREATION. I do not care about the gameplay or any drama regarding the game, all I want to know is how much this compares to Koikatsu when it comes to making characters and scenes and how viable it is in a long run. I have skimmed the thread and it seems that there are all sorts of changes - like being able to disable online-only DRM and even modded repacks appearing.

However, Koikatsu is the ol' reliable piece of junk software that there aren't many alternatives to. I really prefer the graphics and style of Honeycome compared to Koikatsu, but I am sure it comes with caveats like less customization, or less options and other things I cannot even predict. So, if anyone is willing to share their experience and feedback about this thing to help me make a decision about what I should use: Koikatsu or Honeycome - I'd be incredibly grateful.

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
is there a solution to the infinite loading screen ?

Try the solution a few posts up (or a page back) about disabling the offline patch for the first launch. Might work for that.

View attachment 3270564
View attachment 3270567
I have got the files but when I try to extract the .001 file it says unexpected end of data. What am I doing wrong?

The extensions appear to be incorrect. That last hyphen should be a period, like so:
"[ScrewThisNoise] HoneyCome Dolce BetterRepack R1.3 SPLIT.7z.001" and so on.

Nov 24, 2020
I think you answered your own question.
Right, but I need to know how this element compares to Koikatsu itself. Again, I can absolutely see character customization being pretty good, but then lacking one major feature or the scene editor to be garbage. I haven't seen any games that use SGs made in Honeycome and I need to know if it's because it's more obscure, because people are just used to Koikatsu or because it actually sucks for that purpose.

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
Right, but I need to know how this element compares to Koikatsu itself. Again, I can absolutely see character customization being pretty good, but then lacking one major feature or the scene editor to be garbage. I haven't seen any games that use SGs made in Honeycome and I need to know if it's because it's more obscure, because people are just used to Koikatsu or because it actually sucks for that purpose.

It's still somewhat new and thus lacking in a lot of regards in terms of what you're looking for. There's not a lot of customization in the base game and I have not seen many mods available as of yet. The main issue with this is that most things can't be directly ported. I am still experimenting with the creation mode and whatnot so I can't make a final verdict, but I can say that it pales in comparison to what Koikatsu/KKS can do, currently, though it does show promise, provided we see a similar busy creation/modding scene from previous games.

Reactions: NaturalEnclave
Nov 24, 2020
It's still somewhat new and thus lacking in a lot of regards in terms of what you're looking for. There's not a lot of customization in the base game and I have not seen many mods available as of yet. The main issue with this is that most things can't be directly ported. I am still experimenting with the creation mode and whatnot so I can't make a final verdict, but I can say that it pales in comparison to what Koikatsu/KKS can do, currently, though it does show promise, provided we see a similar busy creation/modding scene from previous games.
Yeah, I decided to fully re-read the thread to gain a proper understanding and just now learned that if I were to discover this thread literally a few weeks earlier there wouldn't even be a studio to speak of.

I have one of the Repacks of ScrewThisNoise for Koikatsu and, while the repack is great, KK itself feels like a very cursed piece of software - very slow, doesn't have some basic options, makes me feel like it's kinda unstable e.t.c. It has some mods too, but a lot of them are pretty low quality cosplay outfits it feels like, but it's hard to say if there is something essential here and there like poses or very good neutral outfits, given how I have zero clue how the vanilla games looks like. But having like... 50 different shadow types all in Japanese is probably pretty important, right?

Point is - Koikatsu and all of it's tricks and intricacies feels hard to master when it comes to creating actually pretty looking artwork, so I was hoping the successor would step up in this regard and make the overall experience smoother and easier, but I might just download it and feel like it's just a more shallow version of KK that isn't going to be replacing Koikatsu any time soon.

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
Yeah, I decided to fully re-read the thread to gain a proper understanding and just now learned that if I were to discover this thread literally a few weeks earlier there wouldn't even be a studio to speak of.

I have one of the Repacks of ScrewThisNoise for Koikatsu and, while the repack is great, KK itself feels like a very cursed piece of software - very slow, doesn't have some basic options, makes me feel like it's kinda unstable e.t.c. It has some mods too, but a lot of them are pretty low quality cosplay outfits it feels like, but it's hard to say if there is something essential here and there like poses or very good neutral outfits, given how I have zero clue how the vanilla games looks like. But having like... 50 different shadow types all in Japanese is probably pretty important, right?

Point is - Koikatsu and all of it's tricks and intricacies feels hard to master when it comes to creating actually pretty looking artwork, so I was hoping the successor would step up in this regard and make the overall experience smoother and easier, but I might just download it and feel like it's just a more shallow version of KK that isn't going to be replacing Koikatsu any time soon.

If you have a lot of cards and mods, the game can seem sluggish to load at times and even crash, but that's honestly dependent on your hardware. If you don't and it's already behaving like that, it might be necessary to fiddle with the graphic settings somewhat.

There are visual novel-style games that I've seen using Koikatsu as a base for characters and scenes, some even animated, so it's possible to do a lot with it, though it also depends on what character designs you're going for. Some cards, mods, and coordinates are just craptastic quality compared to others.

Nov 24, 2020
If you have a lot of cards and mods, the game can seem sluggish to load at times and even crash, but that's honestly dependent on your hardware. If you don't and it's already behaving like that, it might be necessary to fiddle with the graphic settings somewhat.

There are visual novel-style games that I've seen using Koikatsu as a base for characters and scenes, some even animated, so it's possible to do a lot with it, though it also depends on what character designs you're going for. Some cards, mods, and coordinates are just craptastic quality compared to others.
Well, performance wise it ain't awful, but it will take me a minute or two (literally) to just start the game or the studio, or the game would stop responding for a few seconds when I open the character list in the studio. Tbh if I simply move the game to an SSD it might make it better, probably?...

And yeah, the leaps in quality between all Koikatsu games are actually pretty massive if you pay attention. Some games look like rainbow-coloured vomit, some look pretty good. Some modded content is freaking amazing and some looks like there are zero reasons to ever use them.

I guess I am just going to finish it up by asking about two specific things.
1) Are there some good guides for Koikatsu/Honeycome (I assume they share a LOT of things) that will give me a clearer idea on how to make everything look better?
2) Does the current pirated version of Honeycome contain the Studio or was it not repacked yet?

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
Well, performance wise it ain't awful, but it will take me a minute or two (literally) to just start the game or the studio, or the game would stop responding for a few seconds when I open the character list in the studio. Tbh if I simply move the game to an SSD it might make it better, probably?...

And yeah, the leaps in quality between all Koikatsu games are actually pretty massive if you pay attention. Some games look like rainbow-coloured vomit, some look pretty good. Some modded content is freaking amazing and some looks like there are zero reasons to ever use them.

I guess I am just going to finish it up by asking about two specific things.
1) Are there some good guides for Koikatsu/Honeycome (I assume they share a LOT of things) that will give me a clearer idea on how to make everything look better?
2) Does the current pirated version of Honeycome contain the Studio or was it not repacked yet?

An SSD will definitely help, yes.

1) Koikatsu has shader plugins and they're pretty nice-looking, but they are a learning process of sorts. Xukmi made some great ones, for what it's worth.
2) The Dolce update (1.3) includes it, but there isn't an update package from 1.2 to 1.3. You'd have to download it again, if you already did before. I know, sucks. I did, too.

Reactions: NaturalEnclave
Nov 24, 2020
An SSD will definitely help, yes.

1) Koikatsu has shader plugins and they're pretty nice-looking, but they are a learning process of sorts. Xukmi made some great ones, for what it's worth.
2) The Dolce update (1.3) includes it, but there isn't an update package from 1.2 to 1.3. You'd have to download it again, if you already did before. I know, sucks. I did, too.
Alright, guess I'll be moving KK to an SSD to see how it functions and check out what Xukmi cooked to see if I can use that to improve the looks of my characters. As for HC, I haven't downloaded any version of the game so far, so it's not a big deal. I'll probably give it a shot to see which studio and character creator I prefer to work with. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit
2.90 star(s) 26 Votes