Nowaru

Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, so even less options than Koikatsu while having it the same style.
And essentially no mods. But better graphics though, and probably better optimization too because it runs much smoother in my experience.

But yeah, it's literally HS2 with anime-style graphics instead. Not a bad thing in itself, you just gotta know what you're getting. I like the character editor in this one and find it more intuitive than KK despite the currently limited options.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

Murcury

Dec 31, 2022
the one thing I really appreciate about this one (which could almost definitely be recreated as a mod for KK/KKS) is how sweat drops actually trail down the body instead of just staying in place.

past that, yeah it's just anime honey select

Nowaru

Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, the graphic engine is surprisingly good for details like that.

Also I don't think I've seen it mentioned here, but there's a free update adding mecha parts and some other accessories. Now that explains the abundance of mecha musumes I've seen on the JP uploader page recently. Grab the update here if not done already:

1706549618582.png

Now I kinda want to make the Symphogear girls, just because I can...

Wfire

Jan 7, 2017
Hi all.

On the DLsite it stakes that there is a tentacle tag on this game. Is there tentacle action or not ? The tentacle Tag is not present here.

Thanks in advance.

reeroll

Jun 1, 2021
Should be clear "which one is it" and "which one isn't". People can assume, but please don't expect everyone's an Esper.
You don't try milking your clients money by giving them more content with your new game obviously=meaning HONEY COME has less content than honey select 1 & 2.honey come also has less content than ai shoujo.

justaplayer69

Nov 29, 2023
And essentially no mods.
To be fair, things like BetterPenetration or Uncensor needs to be rewritten for this game (some has already done), but as long as just the content mods concerned, there's nothing problematic, HC uses the same zipmod system with the same data format like KK/KKS (just a bit different armature, hence different anchor points). If I have the time, I might look into how to convert contents from KK/KKS to HC (but again, that's only for the content, not for the BepInEx plugins).
But better graphics though, and probably better optimization too because it runs much smoother in my experience.
No optimization whatsoever was done. They have just simply compiled the same ol' shit into machine code instead of interpreted bytecode. This is what IL2CPP means, converting Intermediate Language to C++, so that it can be compiled directly into native machine code instead of running it in a virtual machine. This is where the speed up comes from. Of course this speed up means more vertices can be calculated now within the same amount of time, so more detailed models, so better graphics. But sadly no optimization involved.
the one thing I really appreciate about this one (which could almost definitely be recreated as a mod for KK/KKS) is how sweat drops actually trail down the body instead of just staying in place.
The first thing that I turn off! Depending on the pose, those sweat drops are sometimes trailing UPWARDS, it is extremely annoying.

Reactions: hyperintrovert

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
No optimization whatsoever was done. They have just simply compiled the same ol' shit into machine code instead of interpreted bytecode. This is what IL2CPP means, converting Intermediate Language to C++, so that it can be compiled directly into native machine code instead of running it in a virtual machine. This is where the speed up comes from. Of course this speed up means more vertices can be calculated now within the same amount of time, so more detailed models, so better graphics. But sadly no optimization involved.
I mean, you could argue that this is a form of optimization.
They spent manhours on restructuring the game so it runs on native machine code instead of virtual machine for improved performance.

Rampersandy

Jan 28, 2023
To be fair, things like BetterPenetration or Uncensor needs to be rewritten for this game (some has already done), but as long as just the content mods concerned, there's nothing problematic, HC uses the same zipmod system with the same data format like KK/KKS (just a bit different armature, hence different anchor points). If I have the time, I might look into how to convert contents from KK/KKS to HC (but again, that's only for the content, not for the BepInEx plugins).
As you seem to be somewhat knowledgeable in this regard - is the push-up bra/shirt from KKS a mod that could be easily transferred to HC or is that one of those more difficult ones to port over?

justaplayer69

Nov 29, 2023
I mean, you could argue that this is a form of optimization.
They spent manhours on restructuring the game so it runs on native machine code instead of virtual machine for improved performance.
Actually, they haven't. They just used a different export option in Unity.
As you seem to be somewhat knowledgeable in this regard - is the push-up bra/shirt from KKS a mod that could be easily transferred to HC or is that one of those more difficult ones to port over?
I don't know. I have just confirmed that the data storage format is the same, and the filenames within the zipmods are identical and seems to use the same structure. I haven't compared them in more detail yet.

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
I don't recall if it was Marco or STN that stated this (could have been both, really), but to them it seems that mod porting wasn't likely without a lot of fuckery, and character presets were straight up impossible. The latter having to be said because people actually were asking if it was.

3.00 star(s) 25 Votes