Nowaru

Nov 8, 2017
wait how do you update the game? i saw there might be new costumes.. or some shit..
For the free update, you can just go to the on their website and grab it. Google translate the page if needed. Seems there's an actual installer in the pack but no need to run it, just unpack the content in your HC folder and the new stuff will be installed.

I mean, you could argue that this is a form of optimization.
They spent manhours on restructuring the game so it runs on native machine code instead of virtual machine for improved performance.
Yeah, I admit I have no technical knowledge of this stuff, so my view was basically "it looks better and runs smoother, so in a practical point of view, it's better optimized". Even if all they did was change a setting.
Interesting to have more details about how it actually works though.

Reactions: Allan Perez

justaplayer69

Nov 29, 2023
I don't recall if it was Marco or STN that stated this (could have been both, really), but to them it seems that mod porting wasn't likely without a lot of fuckery, and character presets were straight up impossible. The latter having to be said because people actually were asking if it was.
When you talk about "mods", you are talking about two totally different kinds of things actually. For the plugin-type mods, Marco and STN is absolutely right, that's going to need serious fuckery. But there is another kind of mod too, which just contains a model in .unity3d format and some data in .csv format all packed in a zip. Now this latter asset-type mods could be converted.

It's not an easy ride either, one would have to unpack .unity3d files, rename the filenames, pack it back again, and some assets will end up a bit off because armatures have different joints, so you can't replace the IDs in the .csv files one-to-one, you'll need to use some heuristics to match them, and positions will need some adjustments too, but still, considerably easier to port asset-type mods than porting those plugin-type mods.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Actually, they haven't. They just used a different export option in Unity.
A human had to look it up, change the setting, recompile, and then test the new file and see it really works faster.
Yes it was as simple as checking a box in unity.
it is the absolute lowest hanging fruit possible, but it counts.

Nowaru

Nov 8, 2017
When you talk about "mods", you are talking about two totally different kinds of things actually. For the plugin-type mods, Marco and STN is absolutely right, that's going to need serious fuckery. But there is another kind of mod too, which just contains a model in .unity3d format and some data in .csv format all packed in a zip. Now this latter asset-type mods could be converted.

It's not an easy ride either, one would have to unpack .unity3d files, rename the filenames, pack it back again, and some assets will end up a bit off because armatures have different joints, so you can't replace the IDs in the .csv files one-to-one, you'll need to use some heuristics to match them, and positions will need some adjustments too, but still, considerably easier to port asset-type mods than porting those plugin-type mods.
Yeah, that was my understanding that assets-types mods could be ported (but kind of a pain, probably why there are a few already, just not many), but trying to implement plugins is a hot mess.

Now personally my biggest issue with the current game is precisely the limited customization, so I really hope we'll eventually get to see more assets like clothing/accessories/hairstyles/etc. Not sure what I'd even want from actual plugins, I can live without weird stuff like overblown body proportions sliders or stuff like that.

justaplayer69

Nov 29, 2023
I did not intend to suggest that this doesn't count! I'm very grateful and glad that they have checked that box, even if this causes trouble for modding now, the game loads a LOT faster, scenes are loading a LOT faster, the game runs a LOT smoother, and the overall user experience is so much better! While I wouldn't call checking a box an optimization, but it definitely counts!

Reactions: punctdan

Gentle1

Feb 2, 2024
Hi all,

so i rember when Hongfire still used to exist. i know manny still mod and still come them HF patches. I dont use torrents so is there a direct download for the HF for this game anywere here?

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
Hi all,

so i rember when Hongfire still used to exist. i know manny still mod and still come them HF patches. I dont use torrents so is there a direct download for the HF for this game anywere here?

ManlyMarco still maintains all the HF patches. For Honeycome, there's .

Reactions: Canes

Allan Perez

Nov 2, 2018
For the free update, you can just go to the on their website and grab it. Google translate the page if needed. Seems there's an actual installer in the pack but no need to run it, just unpack the content in your HC folder and the new stuff will be installed.

Yeah, I admit I have no technical knowledge of this stuff, so my view was basically "it looks better and runs smoother, so in a practical point of view, it's better optimized". Even if all they did was change a setting.
thank you!

Allan Perez

Nov 2, 2018
thank you!

"tried it out and not sure what I'm doing wrong

and my game wont open now.. shit. i just extracted at first. nothing new was there. still said 1.0 and checked chars and clothes, nothing new so I pulled all the files from setup and just copied them over mine, but now it wont open..

May 24, 2023

The link works but i can't install the full set since it said 'some contents are only available inside Japan, not outside'. but the 0126 one seems to work.

darkarivs

Aug 27, 2019
im using better repack, every time i try to run the "story mode" it will crash after some time. but if i just use "free sex" or the character creator it doesnt crash. anyone got a fix?

Nowaru

Nov 8, 2017
The link works but i can't install the full set since it said 'some contents are only available inside Japan, not outside'. but the 0126 one seems to work.
how do you make it work though. it still says 1.0 for me for when it does open and I don't see any changes
Huh. I don't know what went wrong there, but if the game is broken or still display 1.0, I'd advise to just get rid of everything and start fresh with STN's lastest . It has everything up to the Dolce Expansion (released end of December) preinstalled, and should display 1.0.6 as the version. That's the easiest way to get a playable recent version ready to use. Try and see if it works properly for you first, and maybe make a backup copy before fiddling with it.

Then for the few content released last month like the mecha parts, you'll have to grab it from the official , it should get you a compressed folder "honeycome_dolce_update0126". Extract the files from the folder (ignore Windows security throwing a fit), then once extracted, dump the content of the "setup" folder right into your HC regular folder. It should add the new stuff and overwrite everything needed in the subfolders like abdata, DefaultData and such.

Now there are probably better/cleaner ways to get up do date, but that's how I did it, and it worked for me ^^"

Reactions: Allan Perez

PixelLewd

Jan 31, 2022
So I am using the Better Repack R1.3, with nothing else at the moment(as in, only what that brings), and I want to know if this staying here after the game launches is a bug or something I should try to hunt down and fix, or its just a matter of having to wait for it to go away

Screenshot 2024-02-06 150854.png

PixelLewd

Jan 31, 2022
So I am using the Better Repack R1.3, with nothing else at the moment(as in, only what that brings), and I want to know if this staying here after the game launches is a bug or something I should try to hunt down and fix, or its just a matter of having to wait for it to go away
Ok so apparently it was just turning off the offline patch, which fixed it. And yeah it seems it was just that, I didn't think was the loading issues from a few pages ago some people mentioned, since from what they said I thought it was an issue in game after it started up

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
Im stuck at the start, sometime there are some transition but no text or button...

MAJ meanwhile i write this text: i presssed F i think and some text appeared and button...

MrDarkz123

Apr 6, 2020
This will sound ridiculous but is there a way to click mouse wheel button without mouse? I only have the touchpad.

PixelLewd

Jan 31, 2022
So I am here again, once again, because apparently the segs is broken. So what do, 'cause the animations just don't wanna play and I am not sure what's causing it. And its still just the R1.3 version of Better Repack, no mods or whatnot have been added that it didn't come with
Edit: Should add that the positions themselves, or rather the button that should open a list of the positions, also fails to work for more than maybe a few seconds, especially after you try to actually have the segs happen in whatever position its in

Last edited:

GuyInDogSuit

Aug 12, 2017
This will sound ridiculous but is there a way to click mouse wheel button without mouse? I only have the touchpad.

Depends on the hardware but it might work by tapping two fingers on the middle of the touchpad. Best to google it, really.
Or if all else fails, you can map that button to a hotkey in-game or via third-party software.

3.00 star(s) 25 Votes