ThreeNine

Jan 16, 2022
No, this caused by programing progressing into being more complex that gatekeeps people from being able to it, if they wanted to kill modding it would been very easy as they could force files having to be signed like EA did with The Sims once.
h-game modders/programmers are incredible srsly.
Clears things up, the way it sounds from people's comments was that Illusion killed modding. It's just gonna be a matter of time before modders get their mitts on the right techniques in that case. Which is great cause modding will probably be the only reason to come back to Illusion titles in the future.

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017
Wouldn't be a shock, and like I said I'm hopeful that they'll figure something out, but I think they've mainly just gotten lazy. They've reused the same assets for the past 7 years and barely changed anything up, I mean honestly even if someone decides that the reason they want to play KK or HS is for the customization alone, the customization hasn't gone through any real changes at all besides maybe looking a little nicer but that's less of customization and more graphics.

Sure there's a lot of legal issues in Japan and around the world with eroge, but Illusion has been on the downhill long before that. It's just now they're probably cemented in that. I hope it's not the case but if it is they'll just keep making the same game forever instead of doing something unique or interesting. It would be nice if they came up with a solution for the high school problem, you could keep a school environment that would be welcomed globally if they did a college story, but instead they chose to make Honey Select: KK Edition, although I think making the games globally appealing will ruin the charm of what Illusion used to be, which is honestly what another my main issues is.

It's honestly sad, I've been an Illusion fan since AA2 came out and it sucks that they've devolved into a company that seems like they'll be putting out the same generic, reused asset games until they finally dissolve or become irrelevant. I really want to be hopeful though, I won't give up on them. Unless they put out a h-gacha game, then you'll really know they're fucked lol.
your post reminds me of years and years of ppl saying the exact same thing except for they were talking about the last Aritifical Girl game lol in other words, you're very much not alone in this.. maybe a game difference, but illusion really did drop the ball further and further over the years.. but I do agree that after AA2 it seems like another time of dropping the ball further again.. what's it called? the illusion grief cycle or something? lol it's been around and updated for a LONG time lol

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
sad part was that I didn't understand AA2's gameplay and I think it was that I tried to get into the game after everyone else was finished with playing it.. so when i asked questions, no one would help me.. I gave up on the game and tried koikatsu.. and it's like you say, not much gameplay and also a ton of repetition.. I wish AA3 would be made so I could play it when it released and then ppl would help me to understand the AA type of game this time around..

AA2 did look really cool, so I'm sad that I don't have the time to figure it out on my own.. maybe this game will be fun though.. I'm going to download it and see now. (y)
Yeah, AA2 was not easily "accessible". IDK, it took me 3 or 4 approaches until I made it and I liked it at the end.
This code is really old. It takes some fiddling with Wine/Proton settings to get readable Latin characters instead of boxes. And every 2nd update the hipoly-models get crazy textures.
Figuring out the game play is another level.
Without mods it would not be much fun. Pregnancy? Game over! Yandere character pulling out the kitchen knife? Game over!

This would all be easily fixable (or made optional). In retrospect, I like these simpler AA2 models much more than these highly customizable KK models.

Reactions: Shadowclonezero

ThreeNine

Jan 16, 2022
your post reminds me of years and years of ppl saying the exact same thing except for they were talking about the last Aritifical Girl game lol in other words, you're very much not alone in this.. maybe a game difference, but illusion really did drop the ball further and further over the years.. but I do agree that after AA2 it seems like another time of dropping the ball further again.. what's it called? the illusion grief cycle or something? lol it's been around and updated for a LONG time lol
Something like that lol.

grief.PNG

DriveTG

Aug 4, 2020
Wouldn't be a shock, and like I said I'm hopeful that they'll figure something out, but I think they've mainly just gotten lazy. They've reused the same assets for the past 7 years and barely changed anything up, I mean honestly even if someone decides that the reason they want to play KK or HS is for the customization alone, the customization hasn't gone through any real changes at all besides maybe looking a little nicer but that's less of customization and more graphics.

Sure there's a lot of legal issues in Japan and around the world with eroge, but Illusion has been on the downhill long before that. It's just now they're probably cemented in that. I hope it's not the case but if it is they'll just keep making the same game forever instead of doing something unique or interesting. It would be nice if they came up with a solution for the high school problem, you could keep a school environment that would be welcomed globally if they did a college story, but instead they chose to make Honey Select: KK Edition, although I think making the games globally appealing will ruin the charm of what Illusion used to be, which is honestly what another my main issues is.

It's honestly sad, I've been an Illusion fan since AA2 came out and it sucks that they've devolved into a company that seems like they'll be putting out the same generic, reused asset games until they finally dissolve or become irrelevant. I really want to be hopeful though, I won't give up on them. Unless they put out a h-gacha game, then you'll really know they're fucked lol.
For that to happen, ILLG must now have a strong competitor, and it doesn't. Because let's be honest, COM3D2 hasn't even gotten the fame that KK and HS have gotten over the last 10 years.

Illusion has followed the line of KK and HS because it is what has made them most famous until now. It's true that games like AA2 are the best they have, but what has benefited them the most is with products that move away from AA2 and have more to do with personalization itself.

A lot of people complain about the RDR1 remaster, but like Take-Two said, people will buy it anyway. Unfortunately, the casual market always wins. KK and HS are what have attracted the most people to Illusion's products, and I see it as totally logical (not good) for ILLG to follow that path.

In any case, I think the path they should take is to make an engine. Creating an eroge engine to create visual novels is what I believe will catapult them to success.

PS: In my opinion, I prefer KK and HS more than their old products.

Reactions: Shadowclonezero

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019
[BR] Better Repack R1.png

This is the readme for the pack, detailing the contents:

If you're experiencing problems with the game, try to download and put it in the "\BepInEx\patchers" folder​

Code:
Release R1
<--------------------->

no ad-maze // no upfront payment
If you paid for this, you were scammed!
If you like the game, please buy it on [B][URL="https://dlshop.illu-member.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=201"]DMM[/URL] or [URL="https://store.steampowered.com/app/1073440/"]Steam[/URL][/B] (~.~)v
If you enjoy the mods, please consider donating to the modders on patreon where possible.

This pack is made with a up2date base game as of 21.06.2019, along with the components listed in credits, all up2date as of the release date of this pack. Some extras have been included, but are either easily removable or are sorted into folders marked [OPTIONAL]. Enjoy!

To add shortcuts to your desktop of the launcher and the most important folders for the game, feel free to run '[BR] Create Desktop Icons.bat'.

If you have trouble starting the game, start the game once through the launcher (InitSetting.exe), this will check for errors and fix them as well before starting the game.

[B]IF YOU'RE MOVING FROM ANOTHER REPACK:[/B]
I don't recommend just extracting this over another repack, due to potential conflicts. Please extract this to its own folder and move over your chara, cap, studio and save folders.

[B]WANT YOUR CARD OR SCENE INCLUDED IN THE NEXT REPACK?[/B]
Feel free to DM me on discord (ScrewThisNoise#3544) with the card(s) and/or scene(s), and I'll see what I can do for the next release. (See community links for server link)

[B]What is included in the base game?[/B]
- Base release game

(*) = Optional mod
(**) = Utility

[B]Updated in this release:[/B]
[url]https://betterpaste.me/?e6bb73609c1ed546#3QgBzE6QaW1HqRg65dKWP3RWDEtqvDL6eP8BLiD1QwJ5[/url]

DISTRIBUTION LOCATIONS:
These are locations where either I distribute new packs and updates, or partner-sites and services do so.
------------------>
Anime-Sharing:
- [url]http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/members/screwthisnoise-181111/[/url]

Nyaa:
- [url]https://sukebei.nyaa.si/user/screwthisnoise[/url]

Otomi-games.com:
- [url]https://otomi-games.com/koikatu/[/url]

COMMUNITY LINKS:
------------------>
Discord Fan-Server
- [url]https://universalhentai.com[/url]

Pastebin
- [url]https://pastebin.com/SzSz1yZt[/url]
There are two download options, Full for newcomers, Update for people that already have my previous packs (So they don't have to download all of it over again). If you experience ANY problem after using the update pack, please use the full pack before reporting any problems.

Share this pack as you want, re-host it or whatever.. All credit goes to the modders actually making this possible
Feel free to tell me if you reupload the pack anywhere else! :)

I'd very much appreciate it if you would all think about supporting me on patreon, but keep in mind that I won't paywall my packs, this is just for supporting me making my packs better :)

Last edited:

ThreeNine

Jan 16, 2022
For that to happen, ILLG must now have a strong competitor, and it doesn't. Because let's be honest, COM3D2 hasn't even gotten the fame that KK and HS have gotten over the last 10 years.

Illusion has followed the line of KK and HS because it is what has made them most famous until now. It's true that games like AA2 are the best they have, but what has benefited them the most is with products that move away from AA2 and have more to do with personalization itself.

A lot of people complain about the RDR1 remaster, but like Take-Two said, people will buy it anyway. Unfortunately, the casual market always wins. KK and HS are what have attracted the most people to Illusion's products, and I see it as totally logical (not good) for ILLG to follow that path.

In any case, I think the path they should take is to make an engine. Creating an eroge engine to create visual novels is what I believe will catapult them to success.

Yeah, the only real companies I can think of off the top of my head are Miconisomi and KISS but even then it's not competition with Illusion but co-existence, which truly is the source of their laziness.

And it's definitely true that what they're doing logically makes sense, it sucks that the business-sense path and fan-sense path don't align. I don't really want to call myself an old fan for just being a fan since 2014, cause even then I was 10 years late to the party, but it would be nice to give a little service to the old timers. Fingers crossed.

DriveTG

Aug 4, 2020
Yeah, the only real companies I can think of off the top of my head are Miconisomi and KISS but even then it's not competition with Illusion but co-existence, which truly is the source of their laziness.

And it's definitely true that what they're doing logically makes sense, it sucks that the business-sense path and fan-sense path don't align. I don't really want to call myself an old fan for just being a fan since 2014, cause even then I was 10 years late to the party, but it would be nice to give a little service to the old timers. Fingers crossed.
Even AI Shoujo was a breath of fresh air in a way.
I think that moving towards that dedication can give them a good future.
Increasing the customization of buildings and creating a Sims-style town can be incredible if they work at it.

Shadowclonezero

Sep 21, 2017

I don't agree with the last bit for myself, but it's true that the consumer base is mostly casual. For the most part it that these companies are trying to grab anyone and everyone that they can.. instead of targeting the true gamers, like in the past..

sounds like I'm gate-keeping when I say true gamers, but I'm not.. true gamers want the extra mile in their games, they want the difficult learning curves, they want a complex battle system, etc.. they want a game they will have to spend hours and hours playing it..
casual gamers usually just want fast excitement.. quick and done..

companies don't target them though very often anymore.. money only matters now for most companies.. and maybe even political BS bandwagons they can attach themselves to for even more money and support.. so in a sense, a lot of true gaming is dead and has been dead for some years.. the easy-money companies out number the few good companies..

all hope isn't lost though, and the hope usually ends up being an indie DEV or small companies that want to leave a mark in the gaming world.. I'm so thankful for them, otherwise I really believe that all the big companies would only cater to casual gamers like yourself.. and I'm not saying this offensively. I just want innovation( or even actual good remakes of nice older games ) and good gaming.. casual ppl usually just want another CoD game with new graphics.. or something along that line.. easy customization and go..
and once again, I'm srsly not meaning this offensively.

edit: oh and I forgot to mention that custom maid is very hard to get into.. money-wise especially, so most casual game ppl wouldn't look twice at it also for that reason

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018

They have this, for many years now. They don't use it and they don't sell it.
But the Unity based engine sucks big time. It does not scale at all. AI Shoujo was a nice attempt, but it gets totally unplayable if you get closer to the end.

The old UI was bad, no question. But the models were fine. These models used only a tiny fraction of the resources that the KK models use.
You could have a KK Sunshine with hundreds of people running around, without any strain to GPU or CPU.

kumarin

Feb 19, 2022
Decensor(?) plugin.
This game has no genitalia textures. just has shape.
If remove the mosaic renderers, all genitalia are disappeared.

I change it to..
man : change shader to "Universal Render Pipeline/Nature/SpeedTree8"
woman : remove it. (color is mis-match)

May be you had a BepInEx. just put HoneyCome_helper.dll to BepInEx\plugins\ folder.

v1.0.0.1
  • Changed color of penis to light-pink.
  • If you using uncensor assets, color is not changed.
v1.0.0.0
  • Changed color of penis to gray(?).

Last edited:

katariya

Apr 19, 2022
How does one find this Ntlea,can't seem to find it anywhere to download. If someone could put a link down it'd be aprecciated.
win10/11 have check box, make it on, then system will use UTF-8 to all program
"Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support"
Locale Emulator and Ntlea all simulation S-jis so it still use S-jis code...

DriveTG

Aug 4, 2020
I don't agree with the last bit for myself, but it's true that the consumer base is mostly casual. For the most part it that these companies are trying to grab anyone and everyone that they can.. instead of targeting the true gamers, like in the past..

sounds like I'm gate-keeping when I say true gamers, but I'm not.. true gamers want the extra mile in their games, they want the difficult learning curves, they want a complex battle system, etc.. they want a game they will have to spend hours and hours playing it..
casual gamers usually just want fast excitement.. quick and done..

companies don't target them though very often anymore.. money only matters now for most companies.. and maybe even political BS bandwagons they can attach themselves to for even more money and support.. so in a sense, a lot of true gaming is dead and has been dead for some years.. the easy-money companies out number the few good companies..

all hope isn't lost though, and the hope usually ends up being an indie DEV or small companies that want to leave a mark in the gaming world.. I'm so thankful for them, otherwise I really believe that all the big companies would only cater to casual gamers like yourself.. and I'm not saying this offensively. I just want innovation( or even actual good remakes of nice older games ) and good gaming.. casual ppl usually just want another CoD game with new graphics.. or something along that line.. easy customization and go..
and once again, I'm srsly not meaning this offensively.

edit: oh and I forgot to mention that custom maid is very hard to get into.. money-wise especially, so most casual game ppl wouldn't look twice at it also for that reason
Products like AA exist out there and much better, but removing the NSFW content. However, this mechanic and gameplay exists in other games that delve deeper into it. KK and HS focuses on NSFW content in a way, rapid consumption and sexual arousal, which is how porn is defined after all.

Someone who plays games like KK or COM3D2 is looking for a way to create their own dolls, figurines, and sexual fantasies (mostly thanks to modders). That's something that only this type of game can offer, and it's what most people like: creating and customizing.

Normally, if you're looking for an easy fap, you go to porn. If you want a dating sim that can delve deeper into relationships and characters, it certainly won't contain pornographic content. At most, mild romantic-oriented sexual content (such as CD Projekt RED games).

It's not about old or new players, but about knowing how to exploit a genre. To be honest, AA2 was very good, but there are games of the same genre that exploit it better, just by approaching them in a different way.

Together BnB was on the right road, but its delays in updating are abysmal and interest has plummeted to the point of seeming like a scam. We will see what studies come in the future.

Reactions: OuterACG
2.90 star(s) 23 Votes