PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
If the dev (BESEV) sees this perhaps he will get in touch if he is interested, I am only a fan reposting things here from Patreon.
Second offer... posted a link to the first on BESEV's profile page. My degree work was in music performance but English was my academic major all through school. Native English speaker too. Trust me... I have caught EVERY error, even those made by the last fan who offered to do the same thing. All I would ask is for early access so I can edit prior to release. Otherwise, I'm free, gratis, no charge, persona non grata... yes... free. I can edit direct from the .rpy scripts. I do not require spellcheck or grammarly... I AM spellcheck and grammarly! Yeah... I'm a grammar nerd. It drives some of my technically inclined friends mad because they know numbers but cannot spell, punctuate or structure a sentence for shit! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: But, I cannot read or write computer code. All I know is English. So, that is all I touch in the .rpy files, the English grammar of the dialogue, leaving in the mistakes that folks naturally make in conversation... like me saying y'all or ain't... things like that. I leave those in but the narrator better speak proper English and even the colloquialisms need to make sense. No fair leaving parts out. That is just one of the errors I have noticed in this game. Sentence fragments, half thoughts, misspellings, improper punctuation, even a few instances of outright gibberish. I would fix all of that. If BESEV would like, I will gladly submit a couple chapters as samples. I do not intend to change the style of the writing or perform any rewrites at all, just repair what is already there and fill in the gaps in logic. The dialogue must make sense. I do already have v0.07 installed and ready to play. It just seems that when it rains, it pours. Several of my favorite games have posted updates in the past week. So, I've been playing catch up at present. However, a request to edit this title would go straight to the front of the line. Just let me know.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:ROFLMAO:(y)

Last edited:

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
Well, that's a disappointingly short update. Honestly, I would rather wait twice as long for each update as long as it meant that update felt more substantial. Including at least one lewd scene each update should be an obvious no-brainer.

Horny Toad

May 23, 2019
Second offer... posted a link to the first on BESEV's profile page. My degree work was in music performance but English was my academic major all through school. Native English speaker too. Trust me... I have caught EVERY error, even those made by the last fan who offered to do the same thing. All I would ask is for early access so I can edit prior to release. Otherwise, I'm free, gratis, no charge, persona non grata... yes... free. I can edit direct from the .rpy scripts. I do not require spellcheck or grammarly... I AM spellcheck and grammarly! Yeah... I'm a grammar nerd. It drives some of my technically inclined friends mad because they know numbers but cannot spell, punctuate or structure a sentence for shit! Hahaha:ROFLMAO: But, I cannot read or write computer code. All I know is English. So, that is all I touch in the .rpy files, the English grammar of the dialogue, leaving in the mistakes that folks naturally make in conversation... like me saying y'all or ain't... things like that. I leave those in but the narrator better speak proper English and even the colloquialisms need to make sense. No fair leaving parts out. That is just one of the errors I have noticed in this game. Sentence fragments, half thoughts, misspellings, improper punctuation, even a few instances of outright gibberish. I would fix all of that. If BESEV would like, I will gladly submit a couple chapters as samples. I do not intend to change the style of the writing or perform any rewrites at all, just repair what is already there and fill in the gaps in logic. The dialogue must make sense. I do already have v0.07 installed and ready to play. It just seems that when it rains, it pours. Several of my favorite games have posted updates in the past week. So, I've been playing catch up at present. However, a request to edit this title would go straight to the front of the line. Just let me know.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:ROFLMAO:(y)
I know you play a number of VNs, so I'm sure you've noticed the numerous times "bare" has been written as "bear". Please if you are able to help some of them, it would make reading the VNs so much better.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Well, that's a disappointingly short update. Honestly, I would rather wait twice as long for each update as long as it meant that update felt more substantial. Including at least one lewd scene each update should be an obvious no-brainer.
Don't wish that. In every game where dev accepted for more content, we got 1.5x content, but development jumped 3 times. I think tempo should continue.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I know you play a number of VNs, so I'm sure you've noticed the numerous times "bare" has been written as "bear". Please if you are able to help some of them, it would make reading the VNs so much better.
Greeting my horny friend.:devilish: Thank you :) This is certainly NOT the first dev to whom I have made this offer. However, after playing the most recent update for Hot Sand, I must admit that the English translation IS getting better... somewhat. I still found a few lines that needed correction but far fewer than in previous updates. I only offer my services to devs whose work I truly enjoy. The only side project I have at present is making royalty free music suggestions for the soundtrack of another dev's new game... Not to cross promote but the dev is listed in my signature and it is a sci fi title. Hahaha:ROFLMAO: I am a retired professional musician so that favor just comes naturally as does the English language. As a professional musician, I was expert and everything from sight reading charts to open improvisation. Also, I am rather well read and have been reading at a collegiate level since age 12, thanks to my mother always making time to sit me down and let me follow along as she read to me for many hours on end. So, I was into Jules Verne, Tolkein and other classics from a young age, devouring 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and the Hobbit around the age of 8. I just hope this dev will take me up on the offer. They're already making my editing job easier with the current improvements. So, I am still at "wait and see." Thanks for the vote of confidence, my friend. :)

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Horny Toad

MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
Don't wish that. In every game where dev accepted for more content, we got 1.5x content, but development jumped 3 times. I think tempo should continue.
What you describe isn't some inevitable consequence of doing larger updates, plenty of developers manage to do bigger updates that don't take longer than they should. Slow development time has nothing to do with that, the developers you're talking about would have gotten slower either way.

Updates with no lewd content is completely pointless IMO and all it does is blue-ball me. I love Hot Sands and I was savoring when this update would come specifically because I was looking forward to more time with and better getting to know the girls we already know... or maybe meeting a new hottie with an interesting story around her and at least a little bit of action, that could have been awesome as well.

Instead what we got felt like largely a sidetrack, with the ending seemingly promising more side-tracking, when the story is already heavy with stuff to do that for now is just sidelined and sits waiting for now. Sure, the sister stuff is looking to be really important but that could have been incorporated without sidetracking so much IMO. It always worried me when a story like this already has so much established stuff it needs to develop or resolve and then the developer seemingly starts a whole new story beat or spends way too much time on one that doesn't need all that time.

I wish we were back to handling our family and our girls and/or preparing to go to that scientist base, not kind of pointlessly wading through corpses in some random mine just to get a short flashback that could have been incorporated with much less hassle.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
What you describe isn't some inevitable consequence of doing larger updates, plenty of developers manage to do bigger updates that don't take longer than they should. Slow development time has nothing to do with that, the developers you're talking about would have gotten slower either way.

Updates with no lewd content is completely pointless IMO and all it does is blue-ball me. I love Hot Sands and I was savoring when this update would come specifically because I was looking forward to more time with and better getting to know the girls we already know... or maybe meeting a new hottie with an interesting story around her and at least a little bit of action, that could have been awesome as well.

Instead what we got felt like largely a sidetrack, with the ending seemingly promising more side-tracking, when the story is already heavy with stuff to do that for now is just sidelined and sits waiting for now. Sure, the sister stuff is looking to be really important but that could have been incorporated without sidetracking so much IMO. It always worried me when a story like this already has so much established stuff it needs to develop or resolve and then the developer seemingly starts a whole new story beat or spends way too much time on one that doesn't need all that time.

I wish we were back to handling our family and our girls and/or preparing to go to that scientist base, not kind of pointlessly wading through corpses in some random mine just to get a short flashback that could have been incorporated with much less hassle.
I agree with some of your points. Even in the best novels here, always come few filler parts. But I think this could be beginning of sister path. Could be a important update. I thought too there would be some episode with family in bunker, but it was something else.
I can't say that I don't like the current direction of the game.
For he length, I stay be my previous post. I think updates are frequent enough. Everybody would like more frequent updates with much more length, but I think it could be much worse.

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
It can get petty wordy every now and then and the whole "MC was from the old world" falls appart quickly a century or probably more of enviromental damage in a single lifespawn, specially with the whole cloning thing the notes were written at the first time somewhere around 2037 and were finished somewhere around 2087 and the MC was apparently aready of age by 2037
Desert Stalker manages to pull off the post apocalypse better, mixing hundreds of years after the end with the Roadside Picnic/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. anomalies

It would also be nice for the i-patch to be more like Midlife Crisis

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Just finished up and I'm loving it so far, I really enjoy how it's story-driven but still has a good amount of lewd content. (Though there are some definite plot holes, I can look past them though) I love the characters, especially the main cast, the twins are an absolute treat, and I love the dynamic of already having two wives at the start of the game and their relationship also developing as the plot progresses. Looking forward to future updates, really intrigued to see where the story goes.

Runner17

Jun 14, 2020
Question for long time players of this game, are all releases this short? Please don't start a discussion between the size of the releases. Love the game and support it, but I've never been a fan of short releases. This will affect if I continue to support the game. There is another option.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
Question for long time players of this game, are all releases this short? Please don't start a discussion between the size of the releases. Love the game and support it, but I've never been a fan of short releases. This will affect if I continue to support the game. There is another option.
Updates may be short but the dev also release them very fast. This one was a bit shorter than the others, or at least that's how I feel it. Sadly we can't get fast updates with lots of content, especially when it's just one guy.

Sille

Jan 5, 2021
Hmm.. I wonder why I didn't find this game until now... It's a masterpiece... I love it..
In my top 20, I think this game is on the 1st place (along with another one - because I couldn't decide :unsure:)

Thank you very much!.. I sincerely wish you success in what you do.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
archive corrupted....i cannot extract it to play it.....
It's difficult to say. if you downloaded from this page and if download didn't break it should be good. You didn't say what computer you use, so I asume it is a PC. What program did you use for decompress files? Download and use 7zip if you not already use it. If you use 7zip, then it's a bad file. Download it again. I hope I could help you.

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes